Chapter 2

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

The girl who fainted frowned hard, before a groan was heard. She squinted her eyes as her eyes scanned her surroundings.

 

“Ugh. I slept here?” She asks to no one in particular.

 

“Yeah, you fainted last night.” She jumped on her seat.

 

“Ahhhhh!!! You’re still here?” Her ear piercing scream made Sowon to covered her ears.

 

“Geez will you stop screaming. I love my ears okay? I don’t want to be deaf.” The girl glared at her.

 

“How will I not scream. You’re.. you’re- what are you again?”

 

“I’m a pixie and I have a name, darling.” The girl rolled her eyes.

 

“I don’t care and I don’t need any help.” The girl stood up to stretch.

 

“Yes you do. How come you won’t wish for anything human? That’s so extraordinary.” The girl stared at her for a while, and silence reigned.

 

“I completely have everything I need. I don’t need to wish for anything.” She said to Sowon her voice was rather cold and emotionless that made Sowon shiver.

 

“Geez what is she? An ice princess?” Sowon giggled to herself as she watched the human walk out of her office.

 

 

*****

 

 

The girl arrived at her house. It was big and spacious. Sowon was stealthy following the girl making sure the girl won’t see her. Does she live alone? Sowon asked herself mentally. She observed how big, yet empty the house was. The girl slumped on the couch. Sowon observed how the girl looked at the calendar.

 

It’s already December 24th  Sowon thought. Will she celebrate Christmas alone? A sudden phone ring interrupted her thoughts.

 

“Soojung ah.” That was the first time Sowon saw the girl have a genuine smile and she can’t help not to smile too. This was one of her favorite things whenever she observed humans. She really loved seeing how human genuinely smile. It was both contagious and beautiful.

 

“Are you coming tonight?” But as soon as she saw that smiled died, Sowon felt the sadness on those eyes.

 

“Ahh. I see. But you’ll be coming tomorrow right?” She can sense the power of hope on those eyes, then the girl grinned.

 

“I’ll order your favorite then.” The call ended and she can sense that somehow the girl was happy, but her mission isn’t solve yet. Thus this girl really had anything she wanted?

 

*****

 

The girl was driving, for humans this time was probably their dinner time. They stopped at a stop light. Today was crowded, it was expected. Christmas was nearing and people are either celebrating outside or just on their houses. Sowon wondered, where will this girl celebrate her Christmas? Time is ticking and it was about 9:30. The girl were focused on the road and many people was passing by now, on the pedestrian lane. She saw how the girl’s expression changed when a bunch of girls, which Sowon thinks are group of friends, who are laughing and joking around passed by in front of her car. She saw how the girl bit her lips.

 

“Are you okay?” Sowon suddenly asked. The girl screamed again.

 

“Ahhhhh!! How long have you been there?” Sowon giggled.

 

“Oops my bad. Sorry I surprised. I have been here since you left your house.” The girl glared at her.

 

“Did you follow me on my house?” Sowon nodded enthusiastically.

 

“Why you-“ She stopped whatever she was about to say and when cars behind her started to beep their car horn.

 

“Aish.” The girl grumbled. Once the girl arrived at her destination and parked her car she looked at Sowon.

 

“Hi.” Sowon smiled.

 

“You!” The girl pointed at her.

 

“Yes?” Sowon grinned.

 

“Will you stop following me.” The girl almost growled. She was totally pissed because of the pixie.

 

“Even if I want to I need to hear your wish first.”

 

“My only wish is for you to disappear into my life and I don’t want to see you again.” Sowon clapped her hands.

 

“Wow!” She exclainmed. “You have two wishes. That’s great.”

 

“Now.” The girl glared at her. “Disappear.” Sowon smiled then wave at her before she disappears into thin air.