Chapter 1

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

The first snow of the night started to fall. Slowly, but beautifully snow started to wrap the road of Seoul. Somewhere on the deep forest near Seoul, a pink small creature was happily playing with other colorful small flying creatures. All of them stopped giggling and playing when they heard the trumpet echoed around the deep forest.

 

“Mother pixie is calling for us!” One of them exclaimed. All of them flew in a rush to where the noise was coming. The sound was coming from the big old looking tree. All of them bowed to their ‘mother pixie’.

 

“Good day Mother.” One small creature with a yellow wings greeted their mother pixie.

 

“Good Day Bee Ay Pee.” Their mother pixie greeted back the small guy.

 

“Why did you call for us, mother?” The girl with a red wings asked.

 

“Today is the day for you to collect their wishes.” All of them nodded except for one.

 

“Is there a problem Sowon?” Mother pixie asks the girl with a pink wings.

 

“I have one tiny problem mother pixie.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“One person from Seoul won’t wish for anything since last year.” Everyone gasped. Everyone was shocked and can’t believe what they heard.

 

”That’s impossible, Sowon. People won’t fail to wish for something, for anything.” The girl with the purple wings exclaimed.

 

“How I wish what I said was not true, but it is true Mee Yu.” Sowon pouted.

 

“Well then.” Mother Pixie started, getting all of their attention. “I’ll allow you to find out why that person isn’t wishing anything at all.” Sowon smiled.

 

“Thank you Mother.” Mother Pixie then gave a flask to Sowon. “Drink that up, so that, that person will be able to see you.” Sowon bowed and took the flask.

 

“Thank you mother.”

 

 

*****

 

Sowon flew all the way to Seoul, that’s her district. All of the wish of people coming from Seoul was her jurisdiction. She was busy collecting all of the people’s wish. Her bag became full in an instant. People really wish for many things, whether it is money, fame, love or material things. All of them have a wish, but there was this one extraordinary person that stopped wishing for something since last year, and it bothered her why this person stopped wishing for something.

 

Sowon finally arrived at her destination, and she was right. This person still hasn’t wished for anything this Christmas. She saw the girl diligently sketching something on a pad of paper, eyebrows knitted, her eye bags are so full and her face was the epitome of exhausted, right now.

 

“Tsk. Tsk. Poor girl. She looks tired.” Sowon decided to watch the girl more.

 

A knock was heard and the girl look at the intruder.

 

“Come in.” The girl managed to form a smile on her lips when another person entered.

 

“Good Evening Ms. Jung.” The other girl bowed. Sowon watch the scene unfold with her own eyes. She suddenly yawned.

 

“Ahh I’m starting to feel sleepy.” She shook her head vigorously. “No I can’t fall asleep.” She said with full of determination, but moments later Sowon succumbed to the power of sleep.

 

The said girl with no wish was cleaning her office when she saw some bright color pink object lying near her window. What’s this? As she came closer, she squinted her eyes and try to take a good look on it. At the same time Sowon starts to wake up. She stretched her limbs and yawned.

 

“Good Day human.” Sowon greeted the girl who was looking at her with those big round curious eyes. It took a few moments before an ear piercing scream echoes around the room.

 

“AHHHHH!!!” Sowon  jumped on her place and covered her ears.

 

 “What the?” Sowon frowned and asked.

 

“Why do you scream like that?” Sowon tried to check her hearing ability. She sighs in relief after.

 

“Thank the mother of all pixie, I can still hear.”

 

“W-what are you? How do you get into my office?” The girl looked at her terrified for what she is. Sowon beamed.

 

“Good day human. I’m Sowon the guardian of wishes in Seoul.” Sowon bowed as she greeted the human.

 

“And oh, I’m a pixie. And as you can see I can fly.” Sowon flap her wings and flew around the girl before landing onto her previous place.  “And you’re my mission for this Christmas.” Sowon added happily. Meanwhile the said human fainted due to shock. Sowon was quick to used her power and catch the girl before she hurted herself and fell. Sowon used her power to make the girl fly and lied her down on the couch.

 

“Tsk. Tsk. Did I surprised her?” Sowon asked no one in particular.