Chapter 3

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

The girl closed her car door forcefully. She was really pissed off with that pixie. She was glad the pixie was not with her anymore. She arrived at the grocery store. The grocery store was crowded, well she expected this already. But nonetheless she’s still annoyed with how many there are shopping right now. If her sister only came tonight she won’t be here and try to buy something for her to eat and at least make something to celebrate Christmas.

 

She was at the meat section when she heard a very familiar voice that she hadn’t heard in a while. Her heart beat suddenly speed up. Shoot. What if they see me? She stealthy look at where the voice came from.

 

“Yah! Sooyoung don’t get all the meat in here.” A tan girl took back what the girl named Sooyoung get and put it back on where she got it.

 

“Yah! Fany ah put this back where you get this.” The smallest of them playfully slap the hand of the girl named Fany.

 

Jessica’s eyes almost bulged. Shoot four of them are here. She briskly walked to the counter to pay her bills.

 

“They can’t see me.” She mumbled to herself.

 

“Who are you talking about?” Jessica almost scream, but she managed not too. She glared at the pink flying creature.

 

“You!” She saw some people looked at her weirdly. She almost groaned. This pixie is really annoying. Once she was on the safety of her car she grabbed the pixie and shook it.

 

“You’re freaking annoying. Why can’t you just leave me alone?!” She growled. Sowon looked at the girl terrified.

 

“Geez. Are you a witch or what?” The pixie was shook violently again, by now she was feeling dizzy.

 

 “Help!!” Sowon cried. Then out of the blue a cloud of yellow dust came and a pixie with a gold colored wings appeared from it.

 

“Good Day human.” She smiled at the girl.

 

“There’s nothing good that happened to me today. Only bad things. Thanks to this pixie.” She kept shaking Sowon who fainted by now.

 

“Will you please release Sowon first?” The girl sighed and release Sowon. The gold pixie was fast to catch Sowon.

 

“Now will guys leave me already. I’ve already said my wish to her. Why won’t she leave me alone?”

 

“Because that wish didn’t came from your heart.” The gold colored wings pixie smiled. The girl was silent for a while.

 

“What’s your name human?’

 

“Why do you want to know?”

 

“You want to get rid of us right?” The girl nod.

 

“Then cooperate with us.” The girl glared at her before she rolled her eyes.

 

“I’m Jessica.”

 

“Nice to meet you Jessica. I’m Ghold Den Stah.” The pixie smiled.

 

“So what now?” Jessica asked impatiently.

 

“What’s your wish?” Jessica groaned.

 

“How many times do I need to tell you I don’t have any.”

 

“That’s impossible.” Sowon suddenly said.

 

“Sowon you’re awake!” Ghold Den Stah happily exclaimed. “Are you okay?” She asked worriedly.

 

“I’m fine.” Sowon smiled.

 

“How come it’s impossible?” Jessica interrupted the two pixies.

 

“All people do have a wish.” Sowon said.

 

“Well I’m the leaving example that it’s possible.”

 

“We don’t believe you.” Both pixies said.

 

“Let’s say, why are you trying to not get caught by those four girls?” Jessica’s face grimaced.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“You expect us to believe you?” Ghold Den Stah asked.

 

“I don’t know, but that’s the truth.”

 

“Like I said. If you want to get rid of us, you should cooperate.” Ghold Den Stah replied.

 

“Ugh! This is me cooperating.”

 

“Then why won’t you give us an honest answer?” Sowon asked. Jessica was about to protest when the four girls she saw a while ago walk passed in front of her car and go to the car next to her. In panick, Jessica ducked and hide.

 

“Shoot. Ugh! Why am I so unlucky today?” She mumbled to herself. The two pixies looked at her amusedly. They observe the four girls.

 

“Who’s driving?” The smallest asked.

 

“Let mee drivee.” The tallest whined.

 

“No Choi Sooyoung go sit at the back. Yul you drive.”

 

“Yah you’re unfair Soonkyu.”  Sooyoung exclaimed.

 

“What I don’t want to die yet. Right Fany?” The girl named Fany laughed awkwardly.

 

“Sorry Soo, but Sunny’s right.” Sunny stucked her tongue out then enter the car leaving a whining Sooyoung. The two pixie was caught off guard when Jessica suddenly giggle.

 

“Did you..” Ghold Den Stah said. “… Just laugh?” Sowon continued.

 

“No I didn’t.” Jessica denied and looked at them stoically.

 

“You know them!” The two pixies exclaimed.

 

“Now tell us the truth who are they?” Sowon demanded.

 

“Whatever I’m going home.” Jessica started her car.

 

“If you won’t tell us anything we’ll be stuck with you forever.” Ghold Den Stah suddenly said.

 

“Yeah. We won’t leave you alone not until our mission is done.” Jessica groaned.

 

“The two of you are blackmailing me.”

 

“We’re just stating facts.” The two Pixie said.

 

“Fine.” Jessica said defeated.

 

“They were my friends. Best friends to be exact.” Jessica sighed.

 

“Were?” Sowon asked.

 

“Yeah.. I don’t hang out with them anymore.” Jessica continued.

 

“Why?” Ghold Den Stah asked.

 

“I was too busy with my business. Too busy to achieve my dreams that I forgot how to manage my time for them. I forgot to give them time. So yeah we kinda drifted apart.”

 

“You forgot? Can you really forgot to give time to other people?” Sowon asked her eyes wide and round with full of curiosity.

 

“Priorities. I was too caught up with prioritizing to achieve my dream that I forgot to give them importance.” Ghold Den Stah smiled at her and spoke.

 

“But you’re not too late to make amends with them.”

 

“I doubt it.” Jessica said sadly. Then Sowon saw how those eyes reflected sadness.

 

“We can help you.” Sowon smiled. A smile that was portraying hope.

 

“How?” Jessica asked curiously.

 

“Just wish. A wish from the heart.’ Sowon said. Jessica looked at them hesitantly.

 

“I.. I wish that I can hang out with them again.. and uhh.” The two pixies looked at her encouragingly. “I hope our friendship will be stronger and can overcome any obstacle that came our way.” Both pixie smiled.

 

“Now that was easy isn’t?” Sowon exclaimed.

 

“Err.. not really.” Ghold Den Stah grinned and spoke.

 

“Wish granted, Jessica.”

 

“Uhm now what?” Jessica asked clueless. Sowon lifted her wand in the air. Pink dust followed her wand a smile was form in her lips, her eyes full of excitement.

 

“Wish granted, darling.” Sowon winked at her. That was the last thing Jessica saw before everything became black.