In the black sea

Once upon a fairytale

Characters: pirate!Taehyung & siren!you

Setting: Disney au – Peter Pan

Genre: angst (but there’s a romantic, fluff scene in the middle)

Warning: blood and major character death

Words: 5973

Summary: Kim Taehyung has already lost his right hand to Peter Pan, he can’t let him take you away too.

Notes: let’s take Taehyung as Hook, OUAT’s evil Peter Pan and sirens from Pirates of the Caribbean (so no, not cute mermaids) and voilá, there’s this oneshot. Though, I have changed a few things in mythology and the original stories, too.
The title is from Natasha Blume’s song.

Dedicated to MinYewon because she wanted to read a Peter Pan AU with Tae. Sorry if it's not like you wanted. ♥


 

You dream of the ocean again. Illimitably deep, full of dark shadows and deadly dangers. Yet, it’s so beautiful that there are no words to describe its wonders and the mysterious otherworldly magic it carries. All the ruins of past eras, ancient empires buried deep under and secrets unknown to the human race.

It’s the place you call home and you miss it dearly with every fiber of your body. You can hear its calling, the low murmur of waves, the enchanting sounds of the ocean’s whispering. You can still feel the salty taste of the sea on your tongue even though your mouth is dry just like the other parts of your body. Your skin is chapped, full of bloody scars and bruises. Your wrists burn where the tight ropes scrub it constantly and it hurts even more when you tug at the rough material. Your pale body is dirty, covered in mud, wearing the brutality of your torturers like accessories. They really do know how to keep your kind on leash.

In your dream you are swimming around with your tribe members, diving into deep depths. Freely. But your happiness doesn’t take long. Your capturers never let you sleep for too long. It’s just another part of your torment.

This time, you are at least woken up by water splashed onto you and you gasp like a drowning man starving for air. The liquid feels amazing against your parched skin, like a soothing cream after sunburn and you can finally breathe properly, filling your lungs with oxygen. Not caring about the grime on your body you pull your knees up, close to your face so you can rub your cheeks against the wet area. The now damp, flimsy oversized shirt they made you wear clings onto your body like second skin but you couldn’t care less about the white clothes transparency at the moment. You stopped worrying about your dignity long ago.

The delicious feeling of water against your now healing body only deceives you: giving you a taste of home but not close enough. It’s like living in a fool’s paradise. The refreshing effect wears off too quickly and you take it worse than an addict. The small taste of your natural state makes you crave it even more. You hiss in pain when your scales appear, breaking through your sensitive, wounded skin, painting your legs in turquoise-blue on several spots but this little amount of salty water isn’t nearly enough for you to change entirely. Your rage arouses once again as you hang down your head and look down at your toes, the pathetic reminders of your human legs you hate so much. You miss your fishtail, your freedom and your home, the crystal clear ocean.

“Slept well, little siren?” Peter Pan steps closer with a wide grin on his childlike face and you grimace in disgust. This boy, this immortal, selfish creature took away everything from you and he wants to take more, the very last thing you have.

His tall, lanky figure towers over you, shadowing you from the daylight you rarely see in his dungeon where he keeps you captive. He kicks your side with his boots when you don’t answer but cowered in one corner you got used to his ruthlessness. You have lost counting the days and nights you spent in his prison, barely alive, dragged around like a rug toy, being laughed at due to your weakness caused by his poison and the lack of water you got. You have endured it with gritted teeth and revengeful heart. You are still praying to every known deity so that you can avenge his wrongdoings once you get out of here. Only a dip in the azure ocean would be enough and no human on this island would ever look down on you again. You would show them the wrath of the Goddess of seas: unpredictable and merciless like thunderstorms attacking pirate ships.

“I’m sure you know by now how this goes. I will ask you the same question you failed to answer over all this time. If you do give me a satisfying answer, I will let you go, back into that precious water of yours. If not, you are welcomed to stay here for as long as you want.”

Pan speaks in a calculated tone, a speech well-rehearsed and he doesn’t seem irritated at all because of your constant disobedience. He acts like he has all the time in the world which is, in his case, almost true. But he has always been a good actor - good enough to lure you into his trap - and you know that deep down he hates you and your stubbornness, that you don’t give him the one thing he really wants. He could kidnap you, keep you hostage but you won’t betray a friend. Even though your kind is said to be vicious, you aren’t worse than fallible humans who only think about themselves. Most of the times, you are just lonely.

“Now tell me, pretty girl, where is he?” Pan scrunches down and grabs your chin with one hand to force you to look at him. You are beautiful just like every siren he had the pleasure of seeing, he had to give you that but he despises all of you, .

You snarl at him with a death glare feeling too weak to even say anything but you want to. You want to yell and scream at him, you want to sing him to sleep, into a never ending one but you can’t. You are so drained that all your magic withered away leaving you helplessly at his mercy. Which he doesn’t practice at all but he can break your ribs all he wants, you won’t give him the satisfaction of letting him break your spirit. Not now, not ever.

“I don’t know who you are talking about.” Your faint voice is hoarse as you reply since you haven’t used it in a while. Your throat is sore and bloody because of dehydration while your tongue feels heavy and weird in your own mouth. You can only taste dirt and dust since you haven’t consumed proper food in days.

“Oh but you do. It’s useless to lie,” the teenage boy leans closer to you, his minty breath hitting your cheeks and you turn your head away in disgust. Pan doesn’t care, he carries on in a casual manner, almost friendly. “Tell me. Where is Kim Taehyung?”

Hearing his name makes your blood boil and you spit on the tyrant of this doomed island.

How dare he speak his name, the name he brought shame to? Kim Taehyung, the captain of Jolly Roger was a well-known, infamous pirate but nowadays people refer to him as Hook because of the metal replacing his chopped off right hand. Peter Pan cut it off but lost something just as important to him: the key of his immortality. The pirate took that in return for his humiliation since his name became a laughing matter after Pan feed his crocodiles with the flesh of his hand. But the laughs died away when he and his crew killed half of the lost boys on the island and warned the forever young boy that he will also kill him the next time they meet.

However, Peter Pan has no fear and he wipes your spit off him face with a sadistic grin.

“Wrong answer.”

He pinches one of your scales between his fingers and with an evil smile he tears it out of your skin like one would do with a thorn. You scream out in agony as your vivid red blood is dripping down from the wound. You pull at your ropes harder but in no vain: you can’t break free and you can’t reach this soulless creature to rip his heart out of his chest with your own bare hands.

The boyish-looking monster just laughs, devilishly so, clearly enjoying your suffering.

“See you in a few days, honey,” he says dryly and closes the door on you, leaving you in the dark. Again.

 

You hear it before you open your eyes: the clashes of swords, the screams, the chaos. As if Hell broke loose and demons came to punish the sinners. You think that maybe the deities listened to your prayers after all, but the moment you hear the swear words you know that divine providence has nothing to do with it.

You are too weak to even call out a name. You can barely keep your eyes open, let alone move. You have no idea how many days it has been since you last saw the daylight. Sometimes when you were asleep, someone bought you a raw fish and a glass of water. It was only enough to keep you alive but not enough to make you strong. After a while even these visits stopped, so they were no more life-saver meal and you wondered if Pan found about one of his boys’ betrayal and killed him. Maybe that’s why he didn’t pay a visit recently. Or maybe he just wanted to try out more extreme measures like driving you insane in the dark or push you at death’s door until you beg him to spare you. But no, that wouldn’t happen, you would rather die than tell him about Kim Taehyung. So he has been trying in vain, only wasting his time because you know he wouldn’t kill you for real. He could have done it long ago but no, you are his best chance, the ace in the game, the bait: because if you don’t tell him where the pirate is, then he will just have to wait until he makes an appearance himself. And of course, he is right because he knows the foul-mouthed thief very well: Kim Taehyung is reckless and hot-headed but he never leaves any mate behind. Or whatever you are to him.

Knowing Pan’s calculations were right, you are both terrified and glad. Because at least, you can see your handsome pirate’s face before that sick bastard kills you. Since you are no longer worth keeping alive if he’s already succeeded in luring Taehyung here.

You can hear the metal lock’s clicks as your prison’s door open and the incoming light blinds you for a moment until the pirate comes into the view.

“Hey dear,” he kneels down beside you with that ravishing smile on his dashing features. You have always thought he’s too beautiful to be human. With his sunkissed skin, sunset hair and glowing baroque pearls in his eyes. He looks dreamlike, a god among humans, and you wonder for a minute if this is really happening or it’s just another one of your pathetic dreams.

“You came for me. I know you would,” you croak out huskily testing your voice. You smile faintly even though you can’t feel even your fingers when Taehyung unties the knot around your wrists and throws away the ropes. You can barely feel anything beside the fatigue slipping into your bones as your eyelids are dropping closed.

“Yeah… Oh bloody hell, no, please don’t faint,” Taehyung’s voice is laced with worry, deeper than you remembered, deeper than the sea itself. His voice resonates through your mind but it’s a dark place, it gets foggy too early and the world is consumed by darkness before you could warn the pirate that it’s a trap. The last thing you see is his always gentle gaze searching for yours desperately and oh so dearly. His kissable mouth is forming words you can’t hear anymore but they sound a lot like ‘Don’t leave me’ in your heart.

 

The next time, you crack an eye open, you are in a wooden cabin. You are positive you have never been there before but you have no doubt where you are and you are not afraid. Actually, you feel safe and sound. The cozy place even feels a bit like home after the days, weeks, months - who knows? - spent in that gloomy dungeon. Especially since you are in a huge bathtub filled with a sample of the ocean and your turquoise tail peeks out of the water, wriggling happily. Its magical effect healed all you wounds on your body, now clean and unscathed. You got back the shells on your that hide enough so you don’t need that dirty shirt you wore in your prison. Still you see it hanging one of the chairs in the cabin like it belonged here, in the captain’s life. Just like you.

However, you don’t delude yourself with false hopes and ambitious dreams. You know can’t stay long, just until you recover because the waves have been calling you and everyone knows that having a lady on board is bad luck. At least, according to the pirate codex or some stupid rule like that.

You sit up to get a better look at the place and catch a glimpse of Taehyung asleep on his desk only a few feet away from his unmade bed. His glory of golden hair falls onto his forehead and he reminds you more of a child than a ruthless pirate who steals and kills. His precious ship (’Don’t hurt my queen’s feelings’ the pirate said once when you dared to point out the veteran ship’s faults.) murmurs softly as it rips through waves, holding its course, heading to a direction unknown to you. You can hear bare feet thumping against the deck from above and the first mate yelling various orders but your loving gaze sets on the sleeping captain and you can’t contain your happiness.

You are out in the open on the Jolly Roger which means Peter Pan lost, he couldn’t get either of you and you bitterly hope he’s dead. But for now, you are satisfied with watching Taehyung peacefully snoozing. You could always get out of the bathtub, dry your tail and walk up to him but you have just got rid of your legs, you don’t want to use them for a while again if you don’t have to. Instead, you admire the glow of your bluish jade coloured scales and gently the missing one’s place. You know a fresh scale will grow out soon but it still makes you see red. You are no saint either, but Pan is on another level of evil: he kidnaps kids from all over the world just to keep them hostage on his island, feeding on their youth and brainwashing them into thinking their family doesn’t miss them at all. Someone like him doesn’t deserve to live forever.

Kim Taehyung, on the other hand, has a gentle heart. You still remember seeing him for the first time. It happened close to the port on a market day. You were tempted to see what the fishermen talked about the other day. So many smells, cavalcade of colours and excited crowd. You spotted him behind a stand juggling with three apples to entertain a few stray kids. His boyish features made him look so young but what left you in awe was his kindness: he rang a few coins to the seller and gave the fruit to the children. A moment later, he turned towards the end of the pier, towards you and despite diving under the surface as soon as possible you were sure he spotted you. However, he showed no intention of hunting you down to sell your tail. On the contrary, he dropped one single stolen flower into the water… for you. It left you speechless since it has never happened before. Humans tend to be afraid of your kind or only see you as something to make good money of. So pirate or not, Taehyung is different. Nothing proves it better than that he came back to free you and the way he looks at you as if you were a rare pearl of the ocean.

Just like now when he lifts his head up, resting his chin on his forearm so he can casually settles his gaze on your ethereal figure in his private cabin. The candles’ light glows on your flawless skin and Taehyung is watching you closely as you are splashing water feeling playful and giddy, feeling completely at ease and at home. The sight makes his heart ache in the good way because he knows you will always belong to the ocean. You can’t be his, no matter how much he wants it.

His gaze is still fixated on your beautiful curves and the beaming smile on your pretty face when you turn around and catch him staring.

“Hey,” you greet him with a shy little wave and the pirate captain can’t help his obvious smirk from appearing.

“Hey,” he smiles at you widely and genuinely while he stands up from his creaking chair and passes around his table to get closer to you. As he approaches the bathtub, you get a whiff of his heady, unique scent: gunpowder and rum.

“How long have I been knocked out?” you ask curiously when Taehyung sits on the edge of the ceramic tub with his hands playing on the surface of the salty water not quite touching you but almost. You can feel the warmth radiating from him and despite being a naturally cold-blooded creature that’s used to icy waters, you crave his close proximity. His fingers falter just above your greasy scales wondering at their crystal colours that change every now and then depending on the current light conditions.

You don’t take your eyes off of his face shaded by a worrying expression as he takes in the sight of your healed skin that has been covered in bloodshots and purple-green bruises only a few hours ago. He checks every single inch of you with his glances searching for scars or marks but thanks to your magical ability, you have none. However, the picture is burnt in his mind and he doesn’t think he could forget about it one of these days. You watch as his lips twitch or his eyelashes tremble while he musters you but you don’t feel uncomfortable at all under his gaze.

“About fourteen hours so you’re regenerating inhumanly fast,” Taehyung answers after a long pause, his gaze returning to your eyes. He smiles but it doesn’t quite reach his eyes.

“Well, I’m not human,” you protest with a shrug and wiggle your tail just to prove your point.

“I know,” the pirate laughs a little when you accidentally splash some water on him. The wetness soaks through his white shirt, sticking it to his toned stomach. You force yourself to lift your head up and that serious look Taehyung has, makes you gulp. “You scared me back there. I thought I lost you.”

His sincere words play games with your heart. He makes you feel things you shouldn’t: those jitters, flutters, ache and longing. It’s been like this from the very beginning. From that they when you defied your own nature just to save him. Why? Simply because he was a good man.

“You shouldn’t have come for me. It was a trap, wasn’t it?” you ask severely, not letting your feelings influence your sensible approach. You are sure that Peter Pan was prepared, yet the crew of Jolly Roger escaped. How?

“Yes but because I knew it, we were prepared,” Taehyung explains dropping the end of his fingers into the lukewarm water and starts circling them to stir it up. The makeshift waves send chills down your body.

“Still, you shouldn’t have risked your life for me,” you scold him sharply, hating how he doesn’t value his own worth and putting yours ahead of his own safety. You know his life is already full of dangers, jeopardies and hazardous missions so you would rather not increase their numbers.

As he listens to you, something dark flashes in his eyes: it’s all obscure, mysterious and you don’t know why but it scares you. His reply is silent, hidden by the gown of the night and kissed by the watching stars. The ‘but I would die for you’ is something he doesn’t say out loud but it doesn’t make it any less true.

“You saved my life once, remember?” he reminds you sticking solely to the facts but deep down he knows that he would have done the same thing even if he didn’t owe you his life. After all, it’s his fault that you were kidnapped. Peter Pan knows his weakness: how much you mean to him, how much he cares for you.

“Then now we are even.”

Taehyung doesn’t correct you but he knows he will always be in your debt. You went against the core being of sirens when you pulled him out of the water. You should have just let him drown, maybe sing him a song to make it quicker but you dragged him away from your sisters, straight to the sandy shore and breathe life back into him, quite literally.

“I brought you something,” Taehyung stands up suddenly, snapping you out of your bittersweet memories. He steps away from you so he can reveal a tiny, carved wooden box. He carries it to you on a velvet pillow and places it on your palm carefully with his well-conditioning hand.

“You shouldn’t have to,” you coo when you open the box just to find a silver necklace with a shell-shaped diamond in it. You try to sound scolding because you don’t like the idea of him putting himself in danger just to get his hands on these gems. But seeing your beaming smile the pirate doesn’t regret anything. He knows how much you love everything that shines so bright. No wonder why the stars in his eyes are one of your favourite things about him.

“Thank you. I love it!” you chirp happily, already pulling your hair away from your neck. “Would you help me put it on?”

“My pleasure,” the pirate takes the necklace from you and sits closer so he can reach you. He touches you delicately as if you could break under his hand but you don’t even jerk away when the cold metal of his hook touches your warmish skin. You are not disgusted by his deformity at all. You are proud of him that he didn’t give up but he’s still there fighting. “Done.”

You look down at your chest where between the two big, blue shells there’s the new, beautiful diamond hanging and your heart melts at the sight.

“Thank you for coming for me,” you murmur barely above a whisper and tentatively touch the boy’s, a barely man’s left hand. His skin is hot against yours and you can feel his pulse running wild. It matches the rhythm of the drum beats of your heart.

“Anytime,” Taehyung breathes and the light puff of it hits your cheek. He’s so close you could count his eyelashes but your gaze can only focus on his mouth. Those plump, pink lips you would like to taste and then savour the aroma of soft flesh.

Even though you know very well that you shouldn’t you feel this way you can’t stop it. There are rules, rules that you shouldn’t break and there’s the tribe that will punish you sooner or later for abandoning your duties. But suddenly there’re no shouldn’ts or fear that could stop you when Taehyun’s rum-flavoured lips touch yours. The tenderness of the action is so unlike for someone who is told to be a savage with no mercy. You arc your back, pressing closer, holding the edge of the tub for leverage while he deepens a kiss. His fingers curl around the back of your neck, his hook’s rounded edge digs into your waist but it’s not the cold metal that makes you shiver.

And for the first time in your life, you feel like drowning. You fall deeper and deeper into the abyss but you can’t fight against the current. He’s taking away your breath and even though there’s a pressure on your chest, an aching pain, you love it anyway. The feeling is overwhelming; it’s spreading wildfires across your cold body and under your skin, in your blue veins. You finally get why people say love is all about falling: it happens abruptly but not unexpectedly or without reason.

“God… I wanted to do that for so long,” Taehyung’s breath comes out ragged as he whispers these words pulling away but his lips are still brushing against yours. You look at him with half-lidded eyes, wet fingers still clenching onto his loose shirt as if he was your life line. Based on the circumstances, maybe he is.

“Really?” you ask even if you know better than to question him. He never lies, he hates it whole-heartedly so most of the times he’s brutally honest. A trait you got familiar with during all these months you have been seeing each other. Since both of you live on the sea, it was easier than you previously thought. You just had to be careful not to make the tribe suspicious. It didn’t matter if you got caught by pirates because the captain’s reputation made them shut their mouths but you couldn’t risk getting involved with other sirens. You knew they wouldn’t hesitate to kill the man you slowly grew fond of.

Neither of you planned this, he only wanted to know more about sirens and you were fascinated the stories of his adventures. It was never intended to be more than quick meetings after nightfall. Those stolen glances and light touches were never supposed to happen. Where would it take you?

You still have no idea but seeing the pirate’s loving gaze, you are ready to figure it out.

“Really.”

“But you have never asked me to stay in my full human form by your side.” His confirmation confuses you because he hasn’t said anything before despite knowing that your kind ages just like humans when you have legs. Like this, you could grow old together. Otherwise, sirens stay young and beautiful for centuries before becoming one with the ocean.

“I would never ask you to give up who you are,” Taehyung answers within a heartbeat like he doesn’t even have to think about it. It’s his way of telling ’I love you’, the words he cannot say out loud because he’s too scared what they mean. Ironic, isn’t it? The fearless pirate captain, conquering hundreds is afraid of something that doesn’t have claws or swords or guns. Maybe that’s exactly why he finds it terrifying: because he doesn’t know how to defend himself and you, of course.

You don’t know what to say but Taehyung doesn’t seem to mind. He kisses your knuckles one by one, as gently as possible and then offers you a filling dinner by the romantic candlelight. And who are you to refuse?

“Would you sing for me? Just not that kind that makes me want to kill myself, please,” the captain chuckles lightly after you finish your plentiful meal. He sits on the floor on a pillow by the bathtub so he can your long hair and bury his nose into your glittery, salty neck from time to time.

You laugh with him and start to sing a sweet melody about lovers who can’t be together but the ocean grants them a wish. You fall asleep to Taehyung humming along with you and his arms around you.

 

When you wake up, your first thought is that the morning came too early. Only when you see Taehyung hastily putting on his boots and pulling out his sword, you realize that you didn’t wake up the caw of seagulls but gunshots.

“Stay here,” the ship’s captain orders as you sit up and he bolts out of the cabin before you could stop him. Even before you could tell him that it’s all your fault, they are here because of you, because you sang and the ocean carried the sound of it away until they heard you. They are coming for you. And Taehyung is asking you to stay put? Hell no!

You scramble out of the tub and crawl until you can grab onto the first cloth and quickly dry yourself up so your tail disappears. However, no matter how fast you are, by the time, you get on the board in clothes stolen from the captain, the ship is already attacked.

It smells like salt and seaweed up there and it makes you homesick for a moment. But it doesn’t distract you for long because you know you are home already. The sails are flapping and rustling wildly in the storm your sisters created and you have to adjust the rigging because nobody else is paying attention to the ship’s state. All the sailors are by the edge of the ship ready to sacrifice their own lives just to get closer to the singing sirens. You are familiar with the gorgeous melody and you feel sorry for the helpless pirates as you lean over the hull next to them searching for your approaching sisters with no luck. It’s then when you hear someone calling your name and turning around, you spot the anxious Taehyung.

“How to stop it? All of them will jump into the water!” he grabs your hands and looks around worryingly while you are left speechless.

“You… you don’t hear them?”

“Of course I do, they are ing loud but somehow it doesn’t affect me,” the captain shrugs, unbothered. On contrary, your face must betray your surprise because he furrows his eyebrows. “Why? What does it mean?”

“If you aren’t lured by a siren’s song, you are in love. Truly,” you recite what you learnt ages ago but you haven’t met anyone who could resist before. You are still shocked by the realization but Taehyung just flashes a smirk, so devilishly handsome it should be offending under the current circumstances.

“It’s not news for me, sweetheart,” he winks but his smile soon turns into a frown at the sound of the first splash. “But what about them?”

“Tie them to the mast,” you advise quickly and start shedding your clothes down in order to jump into the cold water and stop your sisters wrathful rage. But before you could even undo the buttons, something grabs you from above and you scream. You recognize the ice cold, lifeless hands, the terror it brings and the way it chokes. Pan’s Shadow was the worst of your torturers and you don’t think you can survive the nightmares and the pain of it killing your shadow all over again.

You cry out in misery as he lifts you from the ground and you see Taehyung turning back to get you. At that moment, he doesn’t think about his crew or his ship, only you and he grabs a hold on your ankle pulling you back. However, the flying Shadow seems to be much, much stronger because his own boots starting to separate from the wooden surface. be it luck or misfortune, but that’s when the first arrows come and one of them scares the evil spirit just enough to drop you both. The rough landing on the harsh ground scrapes your knees but you couldn’t care less as Taehyung grabs your hands.

“Hurry,” he tugs you after him, down to the bottom of the ship while you can hear your sisters’ crying as the lost boys’ arrows are aiming at them. The pirates are confused listening to their pathetic voices and your heart sinks at your helplessness.

“I’ve done my research and Pan’s Shadow can be killed with open fire,” Taehyung explains hastily while he leads you to the gunpowder kegs. “And if we can kill it, Pan will also lose his power. What’s more, your kind doesn’t like fire either, right? So let’s make a big explosion.”

“But what about your ship? Your men?” you ask dumbfounded at the reckless idea. You do not worry about your sisters, they will spread to the four winds when they realize what’s going on. You are more worried about Taehyung.

“It’s just a ship and my men are smart, they will find a way. But I won’t let him get you again,” he says tightening his hold on your hand and pulling you close for a short-lived but desperate kiss. You hate how it tastes like goodbye. “When the Shadow comes here, I want you to run to the board and close the trapdoor. I will light the fuse and hide near the rostrum. You will found me there when the ship goes down and you can take me to the shore like you did before.”

“It’s dangerous,” you shake your head thinking about all the possible pitfalls.

“You have a better idea?” he asks ironically just as the air suddenly gets colder and the ghost-like creature flies towards you. “Go!” Taehyung shouts for you and attacks the Shadow when it comes close enough.

You do as he said, trusting him just like he’s trusting you with his life. You run up to the board quickly shutting the door after you with your heart thumping loudly in your ear. You turn around to search for a hideout near the rostrum but you confront Pan with a crossbow in his hand only a few feet away from you, looking straight into your eyes.

“Thanks for your help, darling. I couldn’t get rid of Kim Taehyung and the sirens under one day without you. Did you really think you escaped my island? I let you go,” he says with a show-off grin when he pulls the trigger not even giving you’re a chance to fight back. The arrow pierces through your heart, immediately drawing blood. While you gasp for air and try to ease the pain with pressing a hand on the bleeding area, the monster laughs. “Well-well, it looks like sirens do have a heart after all.”

You can’t even answer, you feel life slowly leaving you as you eyelids become heavier. You hear the thunder-like blast sound before the darkness welcomes you. The following explosion rocks the whole ship but that’s not why Pan falls onto his knees and drops his weapon so he can clench onto the place where his heart should be. All the lost boys who ambushed the ship fell and it makes you smile because it means your plan worked. Pan really can be killed once his Shadow is eliminated. You don’t waste your time and take his mechanic bow with your remaining strength to pull the trigger. Pan drops down dead while the ship splits into two after all of the kegs explodes.

You breathe your lasts while looking at the sky. It cleared out after the storm left with your frightened sisters and all those bright stars remind you of Taehyung. While the Jolly Roger is sinking down, down, down, you don’t take your eyes off of the scenery. Even when you are under water, you’re looking at it through the waves and closing your eyes, it feels like Taehyung is with you. So it’s okay: you are loved. You are home.

 

They say when sirens die, they become a part of the ocean. There’s this place where the water turned ink black and some say you can see the portray of your significant other in your reflection. Sailors call it the tragedy of star-crossed lovers. The sky griefs them with rain of tears every blue moon and the stars are always seem to shine above, guarding the grave of their true love. Because there lays two lovers, a siren and a pirate, who loved and lost each other, there, in the black sea.