The one with trust issues

MENDED

The one with trust issues

Ying Jie didn’t know this was coming. She didn’t know what to say. All she can do was apologise and ran back home.

She knew she liked him, but she didn’t know he felt the same way. She should be overwhelmed when he confessed to her, but her thoughts went back to the man who broke her heart. The same man broke her heart twice, and she can’t really trust guys anymore. Even if her heart can’t help but feel something for someone, she would rather become friends with the person.

She called the only person she could trust, her best friend, and told her what had just happened. She thought her best friend would scold her, but instead of getting scolded by her, she got a speech from her best friend that how she can understand what she had done. It wasn’t entirely her fault that she had trust issues, but she can’t totally push the blame on her ex-boyfriend too. It was her heart who wanted to feel that way.

Even though her best friend understood what she had done, her best friend was trying to encourage her to trust Aaron, because her best friend saw how he had treated her, how he had made her smile in ways that others can’t, how he had pushed away other girls when they were getting his attention, how he only had eyes for her and no one else. 

It was something that her ex-boyfriend didn’t do for her before.

The next day, he still approached her as always. He didn’t force her in giving him an answer, and he pretended as if the night before doesn’t happen. She was okay with pretending, as she did the same as well.

One day, he had brought her to a meadow that she didn’t know of. When she asked him about the place, she was surprised with his answer.

“This place actually belonged to my late grandmother. She had brought me here when I was young. This place had been the only place where I could take my mind off things and relax.”

“Then why did you bring me here?”

“Because you are very important to me, Ying Jie. I want to share everything with you.”

She can’t believe that he trusted her so much as to let her know about this place that was so important to him. She can’t believe that he allows her to intrude his only private place.

She didn’t know she was crying until he cupped her face and wiped her tears with his thumb.

“Hey, why are you crying? Do you not like this place? I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have broug-”

“No. I like this place, very much. It’s beautiful.”

“Then why are you crying?”

She knew exactly why she was crying.

Instead of telling him why, she did something that she thought she would have never done it again.

She tip-toed and plants a kiss on his lips.