LAST Episode

5 Seconds of Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 4: That Spring Day

 

Naeun found herself in that bus stop once again even though it was a Saturday. It was a beautiful spring day. The breeze was nice and she can see the cherry blossoms blossoming that spring. The sky was blue with the white clouds making it more beautiful. The little Naeun didn’t notice it that much though. Memories when you are young are painted in watercolors anyway. It will always be soft and colorful, but it is also vague and sketchy.

“Will she not also show up today…? I guess she doesn’t want to be my friend then…” Naeun sadly muttered under her breath as she crouched down and hugged her knees, the pout in her lips was obviously evident.

Making friends were obviously hard indeed. For the people who said that it was easy, Little Naeun wasn’t looking for a friend that would easily come and would easily go. She doesn’t like the idea of being left behind of a friend. She has trusting issues ever since she could remember and it was hard putting your trust on someone else, even when she was still a child. Her dad broke her trust numerous times, and even if she loves her mom all the more, her mom did the same. Both her parents let her down when they decided to get divorce and be separated.
They almost ruined the life of Naeun, and when Naeun was barely able to keep up with the changes and the differences, she has no one by her side then.

Naeun didn’t want a friend that would just say hi to her now and then just ignore her the very next day. She wasn’t the best type of people in the world, that’s why she didn’t want to put in her trust just so easily.

Without realizing it, tears were falling on the side of her eyes as the thoughts started running in her mind.

“Ah… why am I crying…? Mommy told me I shouldn’t cry… She told me I should be s-strong…” Naeun sobbed some more, her left arm rubbing her eyes to wipe away her tears. She didn’t know how to calm down. It was always her mom that knows how.

This is all because of that Jung Eunji… she promised me we will be friends… but she didn’t show up… I hate her! I hate her!

She didn’t even know why she considered having Eunji as a friend. Maybe because Eunji spotted her already on her most fragile state? Or is it because she didn’t judge her? Is it because Eunji never treated her like someone foreign in school? Or is it because Eunji treated her like a normal person, and yet didn’t act like she was just someone else as well?

Naeun was just so confused it irked her a lot. Was it even possible for a little girl like her to think of it like that?

Yeah right, she was just a kid… And like a kid, she was just greatly disappointed because another girl her age just let her down so easily. Just great.

Naeun checked the time in her watch and was even disappointed some more. She was close to certain Jung Eunji wouldn’t show up.

Maybe Jung Eunji really just don’t want to be friends with her anymore… who would want to be friends with someone like her anyway… people think she is a cold city girl that came from Seoul. She was like that to them… Eunji might be one of them too. She might be part of everyone else.

And her tears poured once more…

 

Adults passed by and noticed her crying. Some tried to make her feel better and some asked why she is out there without her mommy or daddy. Naeun just scoffed inwardly and ignored them, just hugging her knees and was looking down in both dismay, and sadness.

That is until she saw a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter