Episode TWO

5 Seconds of Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[a/n] Eunji is ten years old, I forgot to edit the last part out of the previous chapter hehehe forgive me. 

Episode 2: Bright Spring Afternoon

 

Eunji was fumbling with her pen as she glared intensely at the text book right in front of her. It was their math class; the very class Eunji hated the most simply because she just couldn’t get it. I mean, math is all about numbers but why do they need to know how many should be left if a million is being taken with half a million? It was worthless because at the end of the day it was just NUMBERS! Giving up, she tried to move on to the next number, only to find that this time it was the number Pi. Oh great, even a food has a corresponding number.

“Great… I’ll just be an author of a book when I grow up… or a music teacher!” Eunji said loudly, well not so loud that the whole class will hear. Still, her seatmate Chorong heard it as well anyway.

“Idiot… You still need to learn Mathematics for Music. There are the number of beats and notes and octaves!” Chorong tried to counter back at Eunji, trying to get her to answer the activity.

“But notes and octaves and beats are easy to understand! We don’t need multiplication, subtraction and division for that!”

“Well then don’t go to school anymore, you creep! Huh, you are so annoying!”

“You are annoying too, Chorong!”

“Shut up, Jung Eunji!!!”

“PARK CHORONG, JUNG EUNJI, SHUT UP OR ELSE I’LL KICK YOU OUT OF THIS CLASS!”

Chorong and Eunji frowned and sat back down to their seats, both mumbling on how grumpy their teacher could be. That also led Eunji to really start on the questions of their activity and try her best to answer, in which she realized was later impossible because she just can’t get it done.

“Heol… does this mean I have to take extra classes for Math from now on… My life is done…” Ten year old Eunji muttered sadly as the next class started, her eyes unknowingly darted outside of the window. She glanced at the basketball court down below, judging that her classroom was in the third floor. She then glanced at the sky and a smile blossomed on her face as she realized memories of last night.

“It’s a bright spring day today… I have to meet that loner…”

“Which loner?” Chorong heard and asked her.

“Geunyang… just someone…”

Eunji’s voice trailed off, finally spotting a couple of third graders in the basketball court, and also spotting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter