Episode THREE

5 Seconds of Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 3: Warm Spring Night

 

*tik*tok*tik*tok*

 

The sound of the old clock in her room was just getting through Naeun’s ears as if it was nothing. The nine-year-old was obviously lost, her mind constantly drifting away from her homework and her studies that she has set aside for a while. Just this afternoon, Eunji promised her that they’ll meet in the bus stop, but when Naeun went there, the older girl didn’t show up.

“She was just like everyone…” Naeun breathed out, sighing for the nth time as she looked up her ceiling with a sad expression. “She promised me though…”

Definitely, Jung Eunji is a liar who is just great of promising things.

“But Eunji really didn’t promise me anything… she just said let’s meet up later…” Her continuous murmurs were lingering the room. Not that anyone was listening anyway, she can murmur all the way she wanted to. “But isn’t saying that they’ll meet up means she’s also promising… ahh what is that Jung Eunji doing to me!!! Ahhh wae, wae, wae~~~????”

With frustration, the young girl scratched her hair messily around and threw tantrums, smacking her face with a pillow. Actually no, she’s just suffocating herself. Oh whatever…

*knock*knock*

Oh great, dad choose to let his presence known now?

“It’s open…” Naeun muttered, informing her dad that he could come in. The man in his late thirties went inside the room to glance at his princess who was obviously having a hard time. Sure, he was sorry for taking away his daughter all the way to Busan without prior warning. Divorce was something that is hard to handle, and he just want everything to be good for his little daughter. He knows that Naeun would be having a tough time adjusting, but didn’t really expect it to affect Naeun that much. His little princess was in fact a mommy’s girl and yet he was just being a little selfish, wanting his daughter only for himself.

But if Naeun really want to be with her mom and that if she really is having a hard time here, Mr. Son figured that it was only right for him to return Naeun back to Seoul, where she truly belong.

Unbeknownst to Mr. Son, the only thing giving his daughter a hard time is a certain Jung Eunji that he barely even knows.

“How’s your school…? Are you having a hard time…?” The man asked his daughter gently, wanting to hear the silent voice of his young daughter.

“I-I’m okay, Dad… it’s just all so new to me, I’m still clueless around stuff…” Naeun answered honestly, sitting up properly to talk to her father.

“Oh… if you are having a hard time, just tell me… If you really want to be with your mom, then I can’t do anything about that, right?” Mr. Son s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter