SEEK FOR THE CURE

PRIESTESS OF THE GODS

06

 SEEK FOR THE CURE

“You’re so stupid Dara!” Bom exclaimed while laughing her lungs out after Dara told them what happened earlier with her encounter with Jiyong at the market. She just groaned at her sister’s remark while covering her face shamefully. Whilst, Chaerin and Minji did only giggle at her tale.

 

“I know, Bom! You don’t have to rub it on my face,” she pouted.

 

“But unnie it’s really epic! Why did you run away in the first place?” Minji asked.

 

“I don’t know! I…I freaked out, okay!” she reasoned out while blushing tremendously.

 

“Freak out?! What are you? A teenager?” Bom grimaces.

 

Dara glared at her and sighed. “What do you expect me to do? I don’t know how to handle situations like that.”

 

“At least have a decency to shake his hand?” Bom shrugs.

 

“WHAT?! Seriously? I can’t even utter a single word without stuttering. Let alone, touch him?”

 

“What does he looks like anyway?” Chaerin chirps out of curiosity.

 

“He must be really good-looking for you to be so overwhelmed like that,” Minji said, wiggling her brows in teasing manner.

 

“Minji!” she exclaimed incredulously. She cannot believe her baby sister is acting that way, saying things that are so inappropriate for her age.

 

“I think Minji is right. Your reaction says it all, Dara-ah,” Bom joined in teasing her.

 

“Bommie! Not you too!” Dara could only groan.

 

Her three sisters laugh at her expense, knowing how annoyed Dara is from their teasing. It was a rare moment for them to gag up against her like this. They couldn’t miss this chance to infuriate her at least once. Most of the time, Dara enjoyed making fun of them. They just couldn’t let it pass.

 

“Oh look at that, our Dara is blushing!” Bom pokes her red cheeks, teasing her more. Another round of laughter erupted from them excluding Dara of course.

 

“Shut it Bom!” Dara muttered frustratingly. She really couldn’t find it funny. There’s nothing funny about what happened to her. It is really embarassing!

 

“Come to think of it? This is the first time we had this conversation. It’s very refreshing and somehow…normal,” Bom smiles fondly at them.

 

Indeed, it’s like a breath of fresh air for all of them after their Lady Hye Sun died. They haven’t talk about things like that. It’s very new for them. It feels that nothing is about to happen at all. They seem like normal maidens having a girl tête-à-tête.

 

Unknowingly, a smile formed their lips.

“I couldn’t argue with that, Bom. It does feel refreshing,” Dara said although she was the subject of the topic and they find joy in her encounter. Somehow, she felt the weight loosen a bit.

 

“Yes. These past few weeks had been hefty for us. It felt like I carry half of the world’s weight upon my shoulders because I felt bothered and fretful. Sometimes, I found myself thinking deeply and unknowingly lost in my own thoughts. It keeps on gyrating around my head that I can’t wrap it. Lady Hye Sun’s last words before she passed away are really a big question. It’s getting into my head to the point it’s already affecting me,” Chaerin opens up to them with a heavy sigh.

 

“We had taken our fate as a curse whether you admit it or deny it. Thinking about it, why it feels so wrong? But at the end of the day, I only realized the reason why. It is because we have mistaken this mystery as if it will be an inconvenience. We hardly accept the truth. Instead of being pessimist, why don’t we take it as positive? It couldn’t be bad? Or good. But regardless of what it is, it can only result either way. Let the fate do its job and it is up to us whether to use it as our advantage or destroy us.” Minji wittingly remarked.

 

Minji might be their youngest but her level of intellect and wisdom is beyond maturity. She is always the positive one and has full of life. She’s very cheerful. But despite her age, she is someone can be accountable and steadfast.

 

“I may agree with what you said Minji. It’s our fate and life after all. It is still our responsible on what to do with it no matter what. As long as we’re together, nothing could go wrong. We’ll make it through despite all the challenges thrown in our way, just like Lady Hye Sun said, we are special,” Bom said and reached for her hand on top of the table with a smile.

 

Dara returned the gesture and holds Chaerin’s hand as the latter reached for Minji and back to Bom. They gave courage and hope to each other as they made a silent promised to never let go of one another.

 

“Hey, we have powers. That’s sounds cool, right?” Dara said.

 

They laughed together at her remark however it got interrupted by urgent knocks on the door. They looked at each other eloquently.

 

“I’ll get it,” Chaerin volunteered as she stands up to get the door.

 

“Who could that be, knocking at this hour?” Dara wonders peculiarly.

 

“Who knows?” Bom shrugs.

 

As they waited for Chaerin to comeback, they heard her loud voice, shouting colossally. It alarmed them as they all stood up and quickly run towards their sister.

 

“YOU?! What on Heaven and Earth are you doing here?!”

 

********************

 

Jiyong and Seungri went back home after their encounter with the beautiful maiden he once saved before. She’s really weird after what he had seen she acted earlier in the market which render him in complete bewilderment. Who wouldn’t? She approached him like that then suddenly running off without saying anything. What a strange woman…

 

Strange but really amusing, Jiyong thought.

 

He can never forget her. She was that brave and foolish lady who faced the bandits and threw the buckets towards the bandit’s leader. It amused him that someone like her have such courage and ideologies. Despite her petite figure and beautiful face, she’s someone that never backs down. She’s a very unique woman.

 

And he would admit that she does look cute earlier. Jiyong inwardly chuckled.

 

“Hyung!”

 

Jiyong was cut off with his trance by Seungri’s screech. He turns to him but the latter was gone through the door of their rented house. His eyes widens when he saw Top who’s being supported by Taeyang. He immediately went towards them.

 

“What happened?!” he asked while helping Taeyang. He took Top’s other arm and put around his shoulder.

 

They brought him in his room as they carefully lay him on the mattress. Top keeps on groaning in unbearable pain while clutching his blooded injury.

 

“What wrong with Top hyung?” Seungri asked worriedly while looking intermediately at Taeyang and Top.

 

“He was stabbed in the abdomen,” Taeyang quietly breathes out.

 

“How?!” Jiyong gasped in horror.

 

“We run to each other while lurking in the town and looking for the Priestesses when a strong force suddenly filled the surroundings. We were alarmed and prepared ourselves to fight. But it happened so quickly.  Next thing I knew, Top hyung is already on his knees, clutching his abdomen. I only realized that he has been stabbed when I saw his blood,” Teyang recounted what happened between him and Top before they got home. his expression marred with distress and remorse.

 

“Did you see the culprit?” Jiyong inquired but Taeyang only shakes his head while breathing heavily with guilt. “! How can we determine who did this and how to help Top hyung?”

 

Taeyang looked up when he remembered something. He reached inside her cloak and produces shrub clothe. Seungri tends to Top’s wound for a while just to prevent further bleeding.

 

“The culprit left this after stabbing Top hyung. I guess he used this in obliterating us.” Taeyang showed them the unwrap cloth with a small thin blade dagger. There’s a still remnant of Top’s blood on it.

 

Jiyong furrowed his brows together staring at the weapon. He got it and examined it closer. His eyes widen when he realizes what kind of weapon it is.

 

“This is a curse blade,” he gasped in disbelief. His eyes reflected trepidation. “Only the Celestial Killers uses this kind of weapon.”

 

“What? They’re here?” Taeyang bellows mortified.

 

“The Killers are also here? How come?” Seungri chirps after bandaging Top’s wound. His mouth slightly parted as his eyes wide in shock.

 

Celestial Killers are hired assassins. They are the Celestial warriors’ counterpart. They are the enemy and non-believer. They are said to be against the universe's principle. For better understanding, they are a cult of anti-gods.

 

“This is bad. They can’t be here when we haven’t found the Priestesses yet! They’ll be in great danger,” Seungri exclaimed in apprehension.

 

“The more we need to find them fast! We can’t let the Killers succeed with their plan. I’m sure it’s the Priestess that they’re really after. And we cannot let that happen,” Jiyong muttered with grave tone.

 

“This is more complicated with Top hyung injured. We must get him treated,” Taeyang said. He blames himself for what happened.

 

“Curse blade is a strong weapon. Once it was use, only strong powers could fix it. Normal medication isn’t going to work. We must find a cure before it’s too late. Top hyung could die,” Jiyong specified grimly.

 

“But where?” Taeyang wheezed fretfully.

 

“I don’t know, Taeyang. I have never encountered this situation. I swear the Killers will pay for this!” he rumbled through gritted teeth.

 

“What are we going to do? We can’t let Top hyung die. We can’t afford to lose Genbu’s head warrior,” Seungri supposed in alarm.

 

Top is the head of the celestial warriors of Genbu. Without him, they cannot perform the ritual to call the Black Tortoise. The complete sets of celestial warriors are needed in the ritual to summon the Gods so nobody can die. Or else, it will be their end.

 

How can they save Top?

 

Taeyang then snapped as if something caught his attention.

 

“The Herbal Doctor! Let’s bring him to the Herbal Doctor,” he exclaims.

 

“But we don’t know where she can be found,” Jiyong said.

 

“I’ll ask around hyung. Maybe the people in this town knew where we could find her!” Seungri was already out of the door before Jiyong could even speak.

 

Jiyong grumbles while blinking incredulously.

 

“Aish! That super hyper kid! He didn’t let me finish and just scamper out when we don’t even know yet if she really can help,” he said while raking his hair in displeasure.

 

“Let’s give it a try, Ji. Who knows? She might help us. Remember how she help the villagers heal from the epidemic? We need any help we can get for Top hyung as of this moment,” Taeyang reasoned out.

 

Jiyong sighs in contemplation. They don’t have any choice, do they? Besides, there is no harm in trying as long as they could salvage Top from death.

 

“You’re right. Let’s wait for Seungri to come back. Hopefully, he found someone who could give us information.”

 

Few moments later, Seungri came back while panting heavily as he burst through the doors. He raised a small paper, catching his breath.

 

“I got it hyungs!” he pronounces.

 

Jiyong and Taeyang beams as they shared a look. They are grateful for the latter’s effort.

 

“Great! Let’s bring Top hyung there. Seungri lead the way. Taeyang and I will carry Top hyung,” Jiyong said as he and Taeyang start gathering up Top from the bed.

 

“Hang on hyung,” Jiyong said as Top grunted in pain when they move him. Seungri held the door open for them as they went out together.

 

“How far is it, Seungri?” Taeyang asked while shifting Top’s arm on his shoulder for support.

 

“It’s a bit far hyung. According to the old folk I asked, the Herbal Doctor lives in the forest, away from the main plaza,” Seungri answered.

 

“That’s a long distance from here,” Taeyang hissed while adjusting Top’s body so they could walk properly.

 

“I know. That’s why I rent horses for us to use,” Seungri said.

 

“That’s good thinking, Seungri,” Jiyong chirps while balancing Top’s body on him.

 

“You could actually think,” Taeyang tried to joke.

 

Seungri pouted while walking ahead of them grumbling. Jiyong and Taeyang only chortled at his childishness.

 

They got the transportation but the only problem is how will they bring Top using the horses whereas he can’t ride himself due to his severe injury? They have decided that one of them should rode with Top.  Taeyang lost in their rock-paper-scissors and has to join Top which he didn’t mind at all. His only concern is that if it is safe for Top?

 

“Let’s tie him up around your body so he won’t fall once we take off,” Jiyong said thoughtfully.

 

They did what he said and put a rope around Taeyang and Top once the two mounted the black stallion. Taeyang adjusted himself on top of the horse and so is Top’s weight that was mostly leaning on his back.

 

“Is it alright?” Seungri asked while securing the ties.

 

Taeyang nodded and held the reign.

 

“We’ll be right beside you,” Jiyong said as he taps the horse body before mounting his own horse.

 

They start moving after Seungri mounted his. They moved in moderate speed as they were worried for Top’s case. After a while they passed by the plaza and entered the forest. Seungri was leading them the direction as they trekked along the dark path and the line of huge trees.

 

Then they saw a medium size house in the middle of the forest. Perhaps, it’s the Herbal Doctor’s house that they were looking for. It is so simple. Probably, two storey old house with brick roofs and moss wall. There is a smoking coming from the chimney, indicating that someone is living there.

 

“We’re here,” Seungri announces as they both dismount their horses to help Taeyang with Top.

 

Once they settled Top down the stallion, Jiyong ordered Seungri to knock on the door while he and Taeyang guides Top towards the door. The latter complied and immediately run to the door, knocking urgently.  The door opens revealing the blonde maiden from the tailoring shop.

 

Seungri gasped as the blonde woman’s catty eyes narrowed at the latter. They saw how the shock registered on her face then replaced by irritation while looking at Seungri.

 

““YOU?! What on Heaven and Earth are you doing here?!” the girl shouted while pointing at Seungri.

 

“Oh Gods! What an unfortunate fate I have!” Seungri rumbled in vexation. “Great! Just great!”

 

“Yah! Answer me, rude boy,” she demanded.

 

Then the two starts bantering. Jiyong could only groan when he heard another hurried footsteps coming their way.

 

“Oh my… What’s happening here?”

 

Three more maidens steps forward, all wearing a confuse look while looking back and forth between them and the bantering Seungri and the blonde girl. Then his eyes met the very familiar girl who’s equally staring at him with surprise eyes. Though, she looked away, blushing. Jiyong smirked inwardly.

 

“Who are you? What are you doing here?” the long hair woman asked.

 

Jiyong turns to her while adjusting Top as he answered the former.

 

“We need the Herbal Doctor. Our friend is injured. He has been stabbed in the abdomen. We don’t know how to help him,” he informed the lady.

 

“Someone told us that she was living here,” Taeyang added. “Please, help us!”

 

The lady before them gasped and opened the door widely.

 

“Bring him inside,” she said.

 

********************

 

While Bom attends to Top, Dara and Minji helped her as Chaerin and Seungri continue giving each other a glare. Nonetheless, the two keep away from each other’s neck which was a good thing for they don’t need their childish bickering at the moment. Jiyong and Taeyang just watch in the sidelines in silence.

 

Dara could feel someone burning stare at her. As she turns her gaze, she met Jiyong’s eyes on her. She gulped inwardly as she quickly looked away and managed to concentrate on her job. She reprimands herself from looking at his direction with so much effort.

 

 

“Dara can you get me warm water? Please, put it in a basin together with a clean towel. I need that to lessen his temperature. He is burning badly,” Bom asked her while checking Top’s pulse.

 

She nodded to her sister and complied. “I’ll be right back,” she said, thankful for some time away from the room. She quickly paced towards the door and left.

 

“What kind of blade was use to him?” Bom asked once Dara left to get what she needed. “It’s pretty nasty and I don’t think local medicine can be of help. I could give him painkillers but it won’t do so much,” she informed their strange visitors.

 

Jiyong and Taeyang shared a look as the former answered her.

 

“Have you heard the curse blade? That’s the type,” Jiyong said.

 

Bom looked at them with shock expression. parted lightly as she blinks. Of course she knows the blade.

 

“A curse blade?!” she exclaimed while gaping at them in astonishment. She then returned her gaze at Top. “That’s why the local medicine won’t work with him…” she mumbled inaudibly. “Oh my, this is bad.”

 

“Why? Can’t you help him?” Taeyang asked worriedly.

 

Bom looked at the latter. “I can try and make some antidote. But it would take time. I suggest you leave him here for the time being until I finish the vile and/or when he recovers totally.”

 

“We can do that. Just…save him. Please?”

 

“I will,” Bom nodded as she promised them as Dara came back with the basin of warm water.

 

“Here it is, Bom,” Dara said.

 

“Thank you, Dara. Can you go to the backyard and get me these shrubs? Minji, can you help your Dara unnie?”

 

“Okay, Bom unnie,” Minji agreed as Bom handed them the paper with the list of ingredients she needed to concoct the antidote.

 

The two ladies left. Jiyong was disappointed that Dara has to leave yet again. She just returned. The lad could only exhale inwardly.

 

“We haven’t properly introduced yet and you’re already helping us. I’m Taeyang by the way,” Taeyang said as he respectfully bows at Bom and Chaerin.

 

“Oh, you’re right. It’s nice meeting you, Taeyang-ssi. I’m Bom,” the herbal doctor smiled cheekily. “And, here is my sister, Chaerin.”

 

Chaerin bowed in return as she regards them. Though, she didn’t say anything and just gave them a timid smile.

 

“`Nice to meet you, Chaerin-ssi. Ah, this is Jiyong and our maknae Seungri,” Taeyang introduces the other occupants of the room. Seungri snorted at Chaerin as he gave Bom his playful grin while Jiyong only bowed in respect. “And of course, Top hyung is the patient.”

 

“Ah, yes. You’re new here perhaps? I haven’t seen you before,” Bom asked while putting the warm soaked towel on Top’s forehead.

 

“Yes, we’re rovers,” Jiyong simply answered, not wanting to give details for their mission is confidential.

 

“I see. Don’t worry about Top-ssi. You can also visit him anytime you want while he is being monitored here. And, I will do my best to make the medicine as soon as possible.” Bom kindly offered.

 

“We trust you, mi’lady. Thank you for your help,” Jiyong said. Though he felt reluctant, they need to go. “We should be going then. We will return tomorrow to check up on him.” He motioned his two companions to leave.

 

However, Taeyang refused to leave Top and decided to stay.

 

“I’ll stay and watch out for hyung, Ji. And also I can help them if they need a hand, just in case,” Taeyang said.

 

“Are you sure?” Jiyong asked.

 

Taeyang nodded and gave the latter a meaningful look.

 

Jiyong understands what he meant. “Alright. Let’s go, Seungri.”

 

He taps Taeyang’s shoulder lightly and grabbed Seungri to leave after saying goodbye to the ladies.

 

“Wait?!” Seungri said before the two of them get to the door. “Lady Bom, if I may ask.” Bom looked at him curiously. “What’s the name of your two other sisters? I apologize for my asking but we don’t know their names.” The maknae smiled sheepishly.

 

“Oh,” Bom smiled. “Dara and Minji. That’s their names, Seungri-ssi.”

 

Seungri grinned. His eyes filled with mischief.

 

“Minji? The pretty one with brown eyes?” he asked.

 

Bom chortled. "Ah, no. That’s’ Dara. Minji is the younger one. Why?”

 

Seungri threw Jiyong a meaningful look then shakes his head at Bom.

 

“Nothing. I was just curious. Thank you again, milady.” Seungri bowed dramatically and turns to his hyung. “Let’s go, Jiyong hyung!”

 

Frowning, Jiyong followed Seungri, giving his farewell to the ladies.

 

“I guess, we call it a night. Taeyang-ssi, will you be okay here? I’m going to check on Dara and Minji. Maybe they were done getting the shrubs I need.”

 

“I’m good, Lady Bom. Do what you must. I’m fine here,” Taeyang said with a sincere smile.

 

“Alright. Chaerin, prepare something for Taeyang. Hot choco perhaps? The night is cold. It can keep him warm.”

 

“Okay. Taeyang-ssi, wait here and I’ll prepare you something warm to drink. Do you want anything else?” Chaerin offered as she straightens up.

 

“The warm drink is fine. Thank you, Chaerin-ssi,” he said.

 

“Sure. I’ll be back,” Chaerin said and left with Bom, leaving him with Top.

 

Taeyang only followed them by gaze as the two left until he heard the door shutting. He turns to Top and sighs. He silently prayed to the Gods that his hyung could survive this death. They cannot afford to lose him, not without them finding the Priestesses and perform the ritual.

 

They need him in order to retract the prophecy.

 

********************

“Um, Lady Bom? If you don’t mind my asking, how long have you been living here?” Taeyang asked Bom when she came back, checking Top once again.

 

“Quite a while now. Why?” Bom asked while putting her fingers on Top’s wrist and feel his weak pulse.

 

“Just curiosity.”

 

“Hmm…I see. How about you, guys?” she asked after tucking Top’s hand under the blanket when she was done checking his pulse.

 

“Like what you know, we’re travelers. We are actually searching for…” Taeyang answered awkwardly and clears his throat. “…people,” he finished vaguely.

 

“Really? Is that why Top-ssi is injured?”

 

“Err—sort of,” Taeyang shrugs.

 

Bom just hummed, shrugging off the curiosity. She looked at Taeyang who seems uncomfortable being seated beside Top’s bed. He looks like he wanted to ask something but too reluctant to speak up. He keeps on fidgeting.

 

“What is it? Fire away,” Bom coaxed while smiling gently at the latter.

 

Taeyang gaped at her, blinking. He sighs afterwards and clears his throat.

 

“With all due respect, milady. I was wondering on how you could make cure to unknown diseases. I heard a lot about you while we were roaming around the town. The people here said so much about you. I am just really curious because that’s really very extraordinary.”

 

Bom stills as she fell silent for a moment. She drops her gaze and smiled faintly as if remembering a very nostalgic memory.

 

“Our late guardian thought me everything I know. She let me learn the different diseases and their cure. If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t have known all of my knowledge about treating different illnesses. I owe everything to her,” Bom answered as her voice filled with longing and sorrow. All the while, she keeps reminiscing her moments with Lady Hye Sun.

 

Taeyang immediately looked guilty as he felt her melancholy.

 

“She must be really a great person,” he remarked.

 

“She is.” Bom turns to him with a thoughtful smile this time. Then she added, “She will always be.”

 

A pregnant silence covered them before Bom oddly asked this time.

 

“Curse blade is not a simple weapon. I only knew a bit about this kind of dagger. How did Top-ssi ended up getting stabbed by it?”

 

Taeyang sighs. “Indeed. Curse blade is a dangerous weapon to use. It can kill anyone in a snap. Especially the weak ones. Top hyung is just lucky to have the strength to endure this. The blade itself is a spellbound. It sups out the energy that person possessed, painfully and slowly. It can drain anyone down. It pains me seeing as Top hyung fights for his life like this,” he explained to her while staring at Top.

 

“He is a strong one then,” Bom remarked, glancing at Top. “An average person won’t last this long and might die right away after being stabbed by a curse blade. But he isn’t normal one…is he?” then she looked at Taeyang with serious face. “So was you, Jiyong-ssi and Seungri-ssi. Am I right, Taeyang-ssi?”

 

Taeyang gapes at her totally stunned. Deep inside, he is panicking. Have she known them? Does she having suspicions?

 

“I felt it the moment you and your companions step inside our house. I can feel a different force emanating from your body. But I am not sure what it is,” she added, looking at him sternly.

 

The lad looked away while tensing up. Cold sweat is forming at his forehead. He paled nervously.

 

“I won’t ask anything because I have a feeling that you are harmless. In fact, I felt something else with you. Like a sense of security? I hope I am right, Taeyang-ssi. I'm giving my faith on you guys,” she sighs instead.

 

Taeyang straightens and inwardly felt relieve. Then he regards Bom sincerely.

 

“You don’t have to worry, Lady Bom. We don’t mean anything harm. You’re helping us heal Top hyung. How can we hurt you? We owe you a lot. We cannot do that with you and your sisters. We are not bad people, Lady Bom. Believe me,” Taeyang said and sounded really sincere and genuine.

 

Bom sighs and nodded.

 

“I trust you then, Taeyang-ssi.”

 

“Thank you, Lady Bom. And I swear to you. You’re safe with us.”

 

 

So yeah. I've been MIA for so long. I'm back kekeke~~