Five

Blank Space

Blank Space - Five 

 

Minhyuk read the new post it he found on the refrigerator door with a smile.

"I remembered our first kiss today, hehe."

Krystal had multiple ways of letting him know what she remembered. Sometimes she would summarise it on little notes and leave it around the house, other times it could be through phone texts or her just coming up to him excitedly.

They were in the middle of a meal once when she put down her utensils without warning before grabbing his hand to tell him excitedly that she remembered him asking for permission from her parents to marry her.

In the ten years they've spent together, Minhyuk had never imagined that one day she would forget it all. When they found out about her overnight memory loss, he was equally perplexed.

Her confused expressions at everything they shared was something he would never forget seeing. Like anyone else in the same situation, he thought this could be the end. That Krystal would reject everything that she forgot and their family would break up.

Luckily for him, those were in the movies.

In the months that followed, they started from the beginning. He tried to be the biggest support she needed and her trying to recollect various roles at this point in life.

There were consecutive days where she would get nothing and there were times when the snippets just came to her like scenes on an old film.

Minhyuk is thankful, at least for the fact that while she seemed to have no memory of their story, her heart still loved him.

And all he needed was that, as long as she knew, he will do his best to be by her side while watching their little family grow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the incident, Krystal would mark off each day on the calendar once she woke up.

Today was the 112th day.

She laid down again, contrary to popular belief, she didn't feel pain in her head when the memories came. It just comes and when it does it could be nothing relevant to what she was doing.

Her recent check up didn't bring up anything conclusive as expected. Except for the unexplained overnight memory loss, she was healthy as ever. To be fair, it could have been worst, Krystal told herself. At least she was healthy.

Stretching herself, she turned to the other side and found her son still sleeping soundly. Her hands reached out to his cheeks, Jude scrunched his face a little at the ticklish contact.

Krystal giggled, the kids were joy she never knew prior and it made her feel so full whenever she thought about them. And their father too, of course.

Minhyuk was currently away for a performance in Japan with CN Blue. After leaving for three days, he would be arriving home a little after evening tonight. Worried about Krystal alone with the kids, he'd intended for them to be on this trip with him. Krystal assured him that it'd be ok and that he should trust her with their children.

Worried but left with no option, Minhyuk made sure that Krystal and his sisters were both informed so that they could help her out a bit.

At the thought of it, Krystal smiled again, it was three days, not months! Besides, she wanted time together with Jude and Ellie on her own too. 

"I can't..." Krystal looked at Minhyuk, Jude swaddled and sleeping in his arms.

He walked over and gave her a hug as best as he could with the baby between them. "It's work, Soojung ah. Don't worry about us."

"I'm not worried," her eyes started to water. "I just miss you guys... I can't bear to leave..."

It was her first overseas assignment after having Jude. She was invited to a gala night for the anniversary of a brand she endorsed. The event would bring her to Japan where she'll stay for three nights.

"We will miss you too. But we know how our work is, right? Besides, you haven't had time to yourself since he was born." Minhyuk tried his best to make her look at things from another angle, only god knew how much he'd miss her too.

"Three nights! You'll sleep the first night away after being tired from the flight, do some interviews and be busy on the second; by the third, get some presents for Jude and I. When you wake up you'll be on your way back to us. I promise to dress Jude up as a bread to welcome you back."

"Ya!" Krystal laughed despite herself, giving Minhyuk a little shove. "I want him dressed like a mango."

"Got it, Princess." He kissed her, "now go, your manager is waiting. We promise to FaceTime any time you want."

Giving herself a final stretch, she got up and started her day.

The hours seemed to flew by while she busied herself with the kids.

When she finally heard the doorbell rang a little past eight, Krystal ran to the foyer of her home. Jude followed in his little steps and Ellie trailed behind in her walker.

At the sight of Minhyuk, her eyes brightened. She never knew three days could feel like three months.

"We missed you." Krystal told her husband earnestly, as if afraid he didn't believe her. Moving forward to help with his bags, she didn't expect him to catch her by unawares and carried her princess style back into their living room.

"I missed you too." Minhyuk conveyed his message with a peck on her lips after every word. "And you," when he felt Jude pulling at his jeans.

"And of course," he scooped Ellie up from her walker, "you."

The next morning was a hectic one as they prepared for the wedding of a member in FNC's management. Krystal didn't know what to expect, it was the first time she was attending a large scale social event.

Minhyuk went through with her on some familiar faces whom she'll likely be meeting when she decided that she wanted to go.

"Well, a majority of wedding guests are strangers anyway. Besides, you'll be with me."

"How do I look?" She posed for Minhyuk when she got out of their shared dressing area. He was feeding Ellie her pre nap bottle.

It was late summer and the weather was turning cooler by the day, Krystal chose a outfit that was classy yet simple.

"Absolutely delectable."

"Do you think people will spot my tummy?" Perhaps it was psychological but ever since childbirth she felt that her body was no longer as slim and lithe.

"Soojung ah, women out there would kill to have whatever you think is a tummy on you." Minhyuk stated as a matter of fact, going to her with a contented Ellie.

"Besides, this is what you call a belly." He pointed at the bulging round shape on their daughter. Ellie gurgled in response to her mother's amused laughter.

They arrived at the venue of the wedding to some buzz, as they haven't been out officially much since Ellie's birth. Politely rejecting questions that were irrelevant to the event, Krystal and Minhyuk moved to the banquet hall shortly after.

There, she met her CnBlue brother in-laws for the first time since her memory loss. Her impression of them were more of fair acquaintances than friends so to see them smiling so widely and expectantly unnerved her a bit.

They looked a bit different from what she remembered too, older for sure but still charming.

"Hi, I'm Jung Soojung." Krystal introduced herself nervously.

The other three members of CNBlue gave her warm smiles in return.

"Hehe Kang Minhyuk kisses like a puppy right?"

"W-what?!" Krystal couldn't stop the thought from blurting out of her.

"Ya Lee Jungshin!"

"But it's ok, Soojung-ssi, at least he showers." Yonghwa nudged Jonghyun before flashing his signature smile at the girl.

"Yonghwa hyung!"

"Soojung, you really can't remember us?" Jungshin held out his hand and waved it in front of Krystal's face.

"N-no- I mean- I do." She paused, "just not anything after 2016..."

"It's ok, just remember that I'm your favourite brother in law." Jonghyun winked, earning dirty looks from the others.

Krystal can't help but laugh, Minhyuk had told her that in addition to that, Jonghyun was godfather of Ellie too.

"Soojung ah, you really broke my heart when you chose him as Ellie's godfather." Jungshin held a hand to his chest, "why would you want her to grow up with someone who doesn't shower?"

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, "as if showering could get you a wife..."

Unable to keep a straight face, Krystal leaned against Minhyuk and tried to hide her laugh.

Back home, Krystal kept kept recounting the conversations she had with her brothers in law at the wedding.

"They're hilarious. Did you see the looks on Seohyun and Seungyeon unnie'? If looks could kill we'd have been witnesses to a double murder."

"Ya Jung Soojung, don't talk about other men in front of your husband."

"They're your closest friends and brothers!"

"Still men." Minhyuk scowled.

Krystal sat herself beside him on their bed. "You're still the best."

Kissing the spot below his ear, she whispered; "and my one and only."

Minhyuk pulled her down swiftly to lie on him, "Jung Soojung, how is it that I am still crazy for you?"

"Maybe because I am the best too? And the best deserves -"

Krystal's sentence was promptly cut off by her husband's lips on hers.

Minhyuk took a second to complete her sentence from earlier before continuing to seek the welcoming warmth they gave each other.

"- the best."

Thank god Jude and Ellie were with their aunt and uncle for the night.

 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

 

I know! I've been gone for quite a bit. Everything's been hectic but I hope you'll still enjoy this. :]