Four

Blank Space

Blank Space - Four 

 

Krystal looked at herself in the mirror, plain top, black shorts and cap on. Casual enough to be mistaken for just another bypasser, yes? She smiled, dressing in hopes that no one would recognise her on the streets was one of her forte. 

If all else failed, she still had two pairs of shades in the car to hide her face from. 

Earlier this morning, Minhyuk told her that they were going for a simple day out to run some errands. She welcomed the idea with a big smile, wanting to bask in the summer weather that came late this year. 

He moved back into the room ever since she made her feelings known. Sharing a space with him was easier than she thought, she half expected it to be awkward. 

When she finally got ready, her husband was expectedly done as well. She stepped out into the living room to the sight of him adjusting Ellie on the baby carrier. It was fast becoming a favourite thing of hers, seeing him with - their - children. 

The idea of them being parents to their children, that fact in itself still felt so surreal at times. Yet she didn't think the kids could have a better daddy than him. 

Krystal checked the baby bag again to make sure they had everything before going over to the pair. Minhyuk lowered himself a little for her to kiss Ellie first, then him. 

"Let's go!", he took Krystal's hand, "finally, a date with my girls!" 

"Where are we going?" She asked when they were in the car, strapping herself in. 

Minhyuk put a finger to her lips, "shhh, it's a secret." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They eventually stopped by a neighbourhood in Jongno. Krystal was confused, to say the least. 

She had no recollection of this place at all. 

Minhyuk led her towards one of the quiet streets. It was a weekday and there wasn't much people around this part of the city to begin with. 

He stopped in front of a little entrance, a place that Krystal was trying to better describe.

If not for the strong aroma of coffee wafting towards their direction, she'd thought this was a craft shop. If she even took notice of it at all, that is. 

She followed Minhyuk, who led her towards the back of the place that was an outdoor seated area.

They chose a table by the brick wall and settled in. 

"We came all the way here for coffee?" Krystal looked around. The space was unique for sure, it had a lot of different elements in its decor but remained neat. There were more seats than she thought, all across the indoor and outdoor areas in tables and chairs that didn't match. 

At this time, the only other table occupied was one inside. 

Minhyuk was making sure Ellie could seat comfortably on his legs. He looked up and smiled before signaling for the waiter to take their orders. 

"The coffee better be good." 

"I proposed to you here." 

"What!?" 

"Well, I just thought it would be nice to bring you to places we frequented." Minhyuk shrugged, "you were so lost and I didn't want to push you too much when it happened, but it seems like you're finally ready enough to start somewhere." 

Krystal looked around again, this time with renewed appreciation after what Minhyuk told her. 

"You proposed here? How?" 

She swore a blush crept up on Minhyuk's cheek when he heard her question.

"Well, we already come here quite often you know? You liked this place for its uniqueness and quiet. The coffee's really good too." He added as an afterthought just as their order was served. 

"So well, that day just happened. I collected the ring before meeting you but it wasn't in my plans to propose that evening." 

Krystal raised her eyebrow, narrowing her eyes at him. She felt the ring that has been on her ring finger that has been on her since, suddenly realising that she had no idea about the story behind it. 

"No baby, it's not what you think!" Minhyuk held out his free hand to emphasise his point. 

"I was going to plan something elaborate, with our families and friends." He adjusted Ellie on his arm, "but that evening as we sipped our coffees and talked about the day I just blurted it out."

Krystal closed her eyes and enjoyed the balmy evening, it was the end of a busy period and the start of their 3-day break together.

Sitting on her opposite, Minhyuk smiled at her antics. The fact that she's just right in front of him, and happy, it's something he never thought could happened. 

"Oppa, let's do something tomorrow." She fluttered her eyes at him. "Kite flying? Cycling?" 

He wanted to say something fun, something that they could look forward to do while spending yet another day together. 

"Let's get married?" 

"What?!" 

"Shall we get married? Will you marry me?" Minhyuk asked again, this time with a little smile tilting the corners of his mouth. 

"Ya Kang Minhyuk!" Krystal took a deep breath, "you're asking me to marry you like you're talking about the weather?! And there's no ring!" 

He bolted out of his seat so fast that Krystal thought she'd frightened him with her attitude and he ran for his life before he regretted it. 

The next moment saw the same man she had in her mind running through the doors, back at his seat and panting for his life after that sprint. 

Minhyuk fumbled with the little bag he brought back with him after that run to and fro the car. 

He held out the box, fresh from where he'd just collected it from the boutique hours ago and got onto his knees. 

"Jung Soojung, here's the ring." The box opened to reveal a simple white gold band, "will you marry me?" 

Krystal paused for a moment before she started to laugh, "well, I guess there's no reason for me to say no then?" 

Till this day, Kang Minhyuk had no idea what made him do that.

Maybe it was a spur of the moment, or maybe it was her. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They went back to Gangnam after a quiet afternoon in that cafe. 

Stopping in one of the busier streets, Krystal hurried to put her cap and shades back on before alighting from the car. Minhyuk was already at her side of the car to open the door for her and laughed when she came out all geared and prepared. 

"Ya, you're just making yourself more obvious to others." 

He had a point. She removed the glasses and pulled the cap lower. 

This should do it. 

They were a few steps apart when Minhyuk reached for her hand, Krystal shook it away instinctively. 

"Are you crazy! People will see us!" She looked at him like he was missing a brain. 

Her husband chuckled and moved closer, this time to give her a quick kiss before holding her hand again. 

"Soojung ah, we're married. It's ok for us to hold hands and walk in broad daylight in plain sight of others." 

Krystal looked around; he was right. Everyone else was minding their own business. She then looked down at their interlinked hands, an unknowing smile gracing her features. 

This was something new to her, walking in the streets with her partner in broad daylight. Her memories of dating consisted of incredibly late nights and hiding from peopl, like it was the worst thing anyone could do. She never thought being in love was wrong; it was the notion that people had of them that was wrong. 

The thought of it still sent chills down her spine. 

But here she was, strolling through the shopping streets of Cheongdam-dong with her husband and daughter. 

Occasionally when they were recognised, people marvelled at how lovely her family was and sent them congratulations on Ellie's birth. It was truly a first for her. 

"It's nice being married." She told Minhyuk, swinging their hands a little. 

"It is, especially because it's to you." 

She returned with a wide smile as they made their way down the busy streets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was a fulfilling day, Krystal thought to herself when she got out of the shower that evening. 

She headed out of the bedroom, it was time to put the kids to bed. 

Jude was already in his pyjamas and in the midst of being tucked in by Minhyuk. 

"Daddy?" She heard him yawn as he tried to keep himself awake. 

"Hmm?" Minhyuk smoothed out the edges of his comforter. 

"Why can't I see my eyes when I smile?" 

Krystal laughed, moving towards them. 

"Jude!" She chastised, "is that even a question?" 

Minhyuk ruffled his son's hair, "it's a trait of cute people. Appa has it too and appa is cute right?" 

His comment earned him a slap on his shoulder by Krystal.

"See, Omma's jealous because she doesn't have that." 

Happy with the answer, Jude nodded and fell asleep subsequently within minutes. 

Krystal lowered herself to kiss his eyelids, "sleep tight, mummy's cutie." 

They returned to their room where Ellie was already fast asleep after her last feed. 

Minhyuk went to check on her one last time while Krystal made herself comfortable in bed. She turned towards her right and saw the framed picture of her family, taken at Ellie's 100th day celebration just months ago.

It felt so weird to look at a picture with her in it but have no recollection of it at all. The Krystal that she was looking at seemed to be living in an alternate universe parallel to hers, knowing things that she didn't. 

She wished she had an answer to why this happened to her.

Feeling the dip of his weight on their bed, Krystal turned to faced him.  

"I'm sorry." Her voice seemed to boom in their now quiet room. 

She felt rather than see him move, Minhyuk brought an arm over and pulled her closer by the waist. 

They were looking at each other in the dark. 

"Soojung ah, there's nothing sorry about what happened. Don't let not remembering anything get to you, promise?" He her cheeks before kissing her forehead. 

"I am me and you are you. You might have lost memory of these twelve years but we have a long way ahead, Princess." Minhyuk held her closer, he could feel the rhythmic beating of her heart. 

"You and I, Ellie and Jude, we still have lots of time to make new memories together. It's ok if you can't remember what we had for now, I'll keep them in memory for you. Our new memories together will keep you busy too, right?" 

Krystal nodded against his chest, what did she ever do to deserve someone like him? 

As if he could read her mind, Minhyuk continued, "you loved me and still do, that alone warrants me to do anything I can for you. Don't cry, Soojung ah." 

"I love you." 

Krystal circled her hands around his neck, bringing him closer than ever, "I love you too." 

"If you really want, let's have another baby. I assure you that will definitely keep us busy and you won't have time to dwell on being sad. Deal?" 

She laughed out, before hurrying to keep herself quiet lest Ellie woke up.

"Deal your head! Who said I was going to have another one with you?"

"Oh Princess, we already have two. Besides, if not me then who?" 

 

>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<.>.<

 

Honestly I don know where this fic will take me, all i know is i really enjoy writing it!

There won't be big dramas or third parties in this fic, just Krystal, Minhyuk and the people around them ^^

If anyone wants to suggest an image or make one, I'll be more than glad!

Til the next!