Tao

Across the Horizon | chanbaek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

UNEDITED

After the introductions were over, Luhan gave Baekhyun a new pair of clothes. 

It wasn't what Baekhyun was used to, soft and silky material, but instead, it was quite rough and stiff. Luhan had given her a white polyester dress, fitting quite snug around her waist. It was loose around her chest area so, with the help of Yixing and Luhan, they lace the brown leather corset. The dress itself wasn't short, ending just below the knees. 

Luhan had given her a pair of socks with brown boots.

"Ahh," the short haired brunette sighed, flattening the folds of her dress. She smiled politely saying, "You look beautiful, ma'am."

Baekhyun blushed. "You really think so? I've never worn anything like this."

"Oh yes, definitely! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get used to it."

 

A white dove flies through the clouds and through the sunset. He drops a scroll of white parchment.

Sehun's boots echoed through the quiet and motionless sea as he got out of the hatch. He knitted his eyebrows as he reached for the parchment.

Written with brown coffee-like ink, it stated,

For Sehun.

Hi, darling. It's me, Tao. Father had just finished business earlier than expected, so he doesn't need me by his side anymore. So if you could be a dear and pick me up at the capitals, I would love that. Try to pick me up before 6:00, yes? Love & Kisses, Tao.

Sehun grins before notifying his friends. 

 

"So... Who is this Tao we are speaking about?" Baekhyun asks Kyungsoo during breakfast. 

The young brunette swallows her food quickly. "Oh. Her. She's Sehun's mate."

"She's quite pretty, tall with blonde long and silky hair-"

"Honestly, why can't my hair be like hers?" Yixing grumbles shyly.

Minseok looks at her puzzlingly before resuming back to what she was talking about, "Everyone on the ship loves her." She leaned closer to whisper in Baekhyun's ear. "It's kind of annoying."

"She's so perfect," Yixing sighs dreamily. "Honestly..."

Baekhyun smiles at Yixing. Surely, if she's Sehun's mate, she must be quite neat, right? She finishes her breakfast and starts helping Minseok clean the dishes. 

She turns the golden knob and then goes outside. She sniffs the air before grinning; it reminds her of the salt her mother and aunt harvest before the big winter. Sehun and Jongdae wave at her as they smile before looking back at the map. Suho looks out of his mahogany and gold telescope and signaling something to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol gave a thumbs up before noticing her. He grins sheepishly at her as he scratches the back of his neck. Baekhyun blushes, waving at him nervously. 

Baekhyun thought he was handsome. And adorable. With his red hair and soft eyes and his distinctive left dimple. He was tall and lean, but his limbs seemed to be out of place most of the time, giving him a lousy look. His clumsiness is a weakness but it makes Baekhyun laugh anyway. For such big and floppy ears, he doesn't listen well. 

She's staring and decides to head to the cabins.

 

They arrive at the capital sooner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter