Welcome Aboard the EXO

Across the Horizon | chanbaek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

UNEDITED

And then her eyes widened. grew dry as realization sunk into her.

I've been kidnapped.

 

Baekhyun stood up and the cloth on her forehead fell down to her lap. The once damp cloth was now dry. She must've been out for a while. 

Her lips quivered and her eyes shook. She recoiled back into the bed as her hand tugged on the quilt blanket. 

"Oh , oh , oh ," she whispered gently, not like you could whisper curse words gently anyway.

The young maiden wasn't one to curse and that's what her mother had told her. But in a situation like this, where she could be kidnapped, it was the best thing she could do. 

She heard someone clear their throat and she jumped. She snapped her head fast, looking at where the sound came from.

There she saw a young lady, no younger than 20 with a brown pixie cut holding a basket. Maybe she would've scream if it was a man or someone who didn't look like a fairy. 

"I have never seen a young pretty lady like yourself curse." She said, quite amused.

"I... U-um. Where am I?" 

"Oh." She said, forgetting what she originally came for. "Right..."

The stranger put the basket down before coming near her. "Lay down, please."

Baekhyun nodded, resting on her back. She felt the stranger's soft and warm on her forehead. She smiled. "I'm glad you're okay."

"Sorry, my bad. My name's Luhan," she greeted warmly. Baekhyun nodded, a bit confused. "What's yours?"

"B-Baekhyun..."

"That's a lovely and unique name."

She thanked Luhan quickly blushing from the compliment. Where she used to live, it was a common name. But maybe wherever she was, it wasn't.

"Well, lunch is ready. Do you want to come with me or do you want me to bring it to you?"

"I... umm..." She wasn't certain.

Luhan laughed wholeheartedly. "It's fine. It must be your first time on a pirate ship. Don't worry, my crew members don't bite." 

"Anyway, I'll just bring it to you, alright?"

Baekhyun nodded, still taking in the fact that she was on a pirate ship. A pirate ship. Those things only existed in her Grandma's story books. Well, at least where she lived. The nice young lady left, climbing up the stairs leaving Baekhyun alone. 

The brunette never really experienced anything to the outside world. So she was quite curious. So she got up, flinching and groaning a bit to the pain. 

There was a full sized mirror in the corner, the frame a rustic gold. She could see herself. She smiled sadly as her pale and soft skin were now covered in bruises and bandages. That's what mother told me.

She sighed before flipping the blanket and standing up. I don't look that bad, Baekhyun convinced herself. But the way her hair didn't look put together and the bandages around her small frame told another story. Her dress was clean from what she remembered. The young lady a few minutes ago must've washed it or something.

She turned to the direction of the wooden stairs. So she walked slowly to them. She climbed up and push the trapdoor. Baekhyun felt a gush of wind as she pulled herself out. 

"Oh wow." She stood up and wiped the dust from her dress. She looked around her, feeling like she felt surrounded by the endless ocean. So she walked towards the railing, wanting to see more.

grew agape as she saw the blue foamy sea. The sky was like a painting; the main colo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter