uh huh?

unexpected tales

Tae Rin's POV

 The sun shines through my window. The summer holiday Kai and I wait for has started last 5 hours. I wake up at 6 a.m. and started packing my things. Today we are going for hiking ! It's Kai idea after all. I start packing my things . I filled my bag with ramens , girl things and sweatpants. And my back pack is full. It's not full actually but i prefer bringing not a heavy bag. So i just put my t-shirts aside. I grabbed my towel and step in to bathroom for a quick bath. I change to a white shirt tucked into my favourite denim.

 I saw Kai is having breakfast with my parents in the kitchen. I tiptoed to living room and saw Kai's travelling bag and a shoulder beg near it (which i believe contains lots of foods). I made sure the line is clear and quickly hide my t-shirts in Kai's travelling bag. I acted like nothing has happen when i walk back to the kitchen. I take my seat next to Kai and munch a tuna sandwich. "I thought you are not coming" he whisper. "I overslept because of a dream." I sent him a sour smile remembering the dream . It seems so real. Those faces . Kai's smiles. "What dream?" He knotted his eyebrows. "Nothing" i give him an assure smile. "Hurryy up then, " he reply and i heard he muttered something under his breath about Senah or was it Sehnu hates waiting for people.

 

   Kai droves us to somewhere-only-he-know where. Along the two hours ride , i took few pictures of the scenery with my canon camera. Not to mention that i've brought my fully-charged smartphone and my power bank together with me. H e  h e  h e  h  .Just in case. Unexpected things comes unexpected right ? He park my car at a large in area near the forest. I told him to go outside and start searching for camp area while i'm going to change my outfits in the car. I change in to a long sleeve dark blue t-shirt and a legging. I put my boots in my bag pack and change it to a pair of rosher run. I tied my hair into a ponytail and walk to Kai with my bag pack. I tiptoe and hide at the back of a tree he currently standing. I was about to scare him before he get a sudden call. 'Who might that be ?' I thought.

 

   "I'm not sure.I am not sure i'll be able to do that to her" Kai pause and listening to the other person on the phone while nodding his head.The other person might be lecturing him since it took more than a minute. "Okay, okay. I'll do that." With that , he hung up. I walk away from that tree . Because the idea of scaring him off with his frown all over the face right now does not sound like a good idea. "Hey, what's wrong? Would you like to share?" I ask. Kai is been weird along the ride. The talkactive Kai is been quiet today. I wonder what is wrong with him. "Nah, it's okay. Are you ready?" I nodded vigorously. He was about to walk away when i held his hand. "Can you smile for me? " i ask him while showing my camera that are currently hanging on my neck. He show his genuine smile and snap! I took the picture of it. Hehe. "Let's go" with that he lead the way to the forest.

 

   We walk straight ahead and take turns to left and right few times. I dont think he brought a compass with him yet i still follow him. I believe him. He won't do anything stupid towards me. I remember him being with me all the times at school and university . He is so protective when it comes to me. When i forgot to bring my homework to school he would lend me his so the detention will be on him. And sometimes he will hide his homework so he will received detention together with me.

 

   We climb hills , found a river and saw wild mushrooms along the journey. After an hour and half, Kai stopped all of sudden. I raised my eyebrow to him when he ask for my bag. He take buns and snacks from his bag pack and put all of it into my bag pack. 'What the hell kim kai? What he want to do with that ammount of foods ?' "What are you doing?" "Filling up your bag, bllytoon. Since we had no idea how many days it takes "Kai reply in a not-joking tone. "Seriously Kai,What are you doing?" he seriously dont act like him today. "You act like a stranger towards me out of the blue! You act like you about to leave me after this!" This sentence of mine caught me off guard. I was afraid that he will do something like what i dreamt last night.