Chapter Three

Friend with Benefits with Park Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The next morning, Jimin decided to wake up early. He was afraid if Hwayoung would leave early again without his notice. He went to the bathroom and did his morning business. After taking a bath, he went out of the bathroom and picked a simple clothes. Jimin didn’t have any schedules today, so he decided to stay at home. When he walked out of the room, his apartment was still in a dead silent. Jimin looked at the watch that was hanging on the wall and realized that it was just six past thirty.

‘Wow, I really woke up early’, Jimin mumbled to himself.

Not knowing what to do, he just sat on the sofa and relaxed himself there. Surely, he was still sleepy. Tapping his foot lightly on the floor, Jimin got bored after just 5 minutes sat there without doing anything. When he was about to get back to his room, the door to Hwayoung’s room cracked open. With half-opened eyelids, Hwayoung stretched her body and mumbled some incoherent words under her breath. Seeing the view before him, Jimin couldn’t help to let out a small chuckle.

"You should open your eyes, you know. You might hit the walls if you walk like that." Jimin stated. Hearing Jimin’s voice, Hwayoung’s eyes shot opened straightly. The sleepiness from before was gone and blood drew to her cheeks. The moment from last night flashed to her mind and by then, her cheeks was scarlet from embarrassment. "Jimin-ssi." Hwayoung’s voice came out small.

"You woke up early." Hwayoung stated the obvious.

"Hmm, I know." Jimin said flatly. Not knowing what else to say, Hwayoung scratched her head lightly.

"I should probably take a bath now." Hwayoung talked again. Jimin didn’t reply her, so she thought he had nothing to talk to her.

---

When Hwayoung’s out of the bathroom, Jimin was nowhere to be seen. She hurriedly went to her room and changed her clothes into something comfortable. She decided to take all of her things from her old apartment today. And that surely would take a lot of her energy. She had no one to help her. Well, she couldn’t ask Areum for help. First, she was still worried with Areum’s mom condition and second, she didn’t want her to find out where she lived. She was sure she didn’t need to tell Areum where she lived because she would leave Jimin’s apartment soon. She just needed to find a cheap apartment which she hadn’t thought when and where. A loud sigh escaped her lips thinking about that.

Hwayoung walked to the kitchen and found Jimin already sat on one of the kitchen’s bar chair. His kitchen was quite amazing though, there was a small bar where Jimin was seated now and there’s also a small dining table not far from that small bar.

"Good morning, Jimin-ssi." She forgot to greet him properly earlier.

"Oh, morning, Hwayoung-ssi.” Jimin took a single look at Hwayoung then back to his phone. “Hadn’t I told you to drop the honorofics?"

"No, you hadn’t." Hwayoung replied.

"Okay, drop it now. Since you’re younger than me, you could just call me oppa." Jimin finally put his phone down. He looked at Hwayoung with his eyes smile.

"Uhm..okay?" Hwayoung was unsure whether to follow what Jimin said or not, they still didn’t close enough to each other for Hwayoung to call him that. And well, she didn’t have any intention to get close to him either since she will move out soon.

"Anyway, what do you want to eat this morning?" Hwayoung asked him. She rummaged the refrigerator while thinking.

"Anything would do. Just up to you." Jimin said while looking at Hwayoung’s back. "Okay."

Then again, their surrounding fell into silence. Twenty minutes passed and the food was served on the dining table by then.

"I’ll enjoy the food." Jimin said then ate the food.

It had been a long time since he ate something home-made and this delicious. Hwayoung also started eating when she remembered something. She wanted to borrow the money from Jimin today.

‘Ugh, how can I say it?’ She asked herself. She put her utensils down and after encouraging herself, she decided to speak.

"Uhmm, Jimin oppa." Hwayoung’s voice came out timid. She was never the kind of person who would ask these kinds of things bravely.

"Why?" Jimin looked at her while continuouing munched his food.

"Can I borrow the money today?" Hwayoung asked hesitantly. She knew Jimin agreed last night to lend her the money, but he might change his mind overnight. Jimin put his chopsticks down and looked at Hwayoung intently.

"Okay. But, I need to withdraw the money first since I don’t have a lot of cash with me now." Hwayoung let out the breath she didn’t realize she was holding. "Okay."

"Are you going to the campus today?" Jimin asked this time.

"No, I’m planning to get all of my belongings today. Besides, I don’t have any classes too." Hwayoung replied.

"Okay, then we can leave after this." Jimin said matter-of-factly.

"We?" Hwayoung was a bit confused.

"Yes, we. I’ll withdraw the money first then drive you to your old apartment." Jimin explained.

"Oh, you don’t have to do that, Jimin-ssi. I could do it by myself." Hwayoung remarked quickly. Jimin lifted one of his eyebrow as if asking Hwayoung to correct her speech. Hwayoung realized straight away. "I mean Jimin oppa." Hwayoung smiled nervously. She didn’t get used to address someone with oppa.

"I’m still going to drive you though." Jimin stated.

"But, don’t you have any schedules today?" Hwayoung inquired.

"No, I’m free." Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter