Chapter Two

Friend with Benefits with Park Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Friend? With benefits?" Hwayoung lifted one of her eyebrows. She looked at Jimin confusedly.

"Yeah, we’re friends now. Since you’re going to stay in my place for god knows how long-

"A couple of days only." Hwayoung cut his sentence.

"Fine, for a couple of days only at least we should be friends, right?" Jimin smiled sweetly which earned a nasty glare from Hwayoung.

"Ugh, why do I have a bad feeling about him?" Hwayoung mumbled silently.

"And the benefits?" Hwayoung inquired again.

"Well, the benefits is for both of us. For me I would have someone who could help me at home and you found a place to stay." Jimin explain shortly.

"Oh." Hwayoung replied shortly. Jimin just rolled his eyes.

"Ugh, stop asking. Let’s go to my place. It’s getting really late now." Jimin walked first and Hwayoung followed silently behind.

---

They walked down the street silently. The cold breeze accompanied Jimin and Hwayoung until they reached a tall building. The exterior looked so nice and ellegant. Jimin cleared his throat as he saw Hwayoung looked with awe to his apartment complex.

"Stop staring. Let’s get inside." Jimin said and Hwayoung followed suit.

They got into the lift and Jimin pushed number 7 indicating his apartment floor. After getting out of the lift, they turn right and walked until two doors left. The room number is 107. Hwayoung tried to remember it. The door cracked open and a dim light from inside welcomed both of them.

"Come in." Jimin said shortly and he straight went to his kitchen. Hwayoung wandered around the room in astonishment. The interior design of his apartment was really good. It fit her style the most. She expected the room she would sleep in would be in her favourite colour, grey. Well, at least she could hope, she thought.

"Anyway, what’s your name?" Jimin asked from the kitchen.

"Hwayoung, Park Hwayoung." Hwayoung stated and now come face to face with Jimin.

"Do you work?" Jimin inquired. He looked at Hwayoung briefly then turned his attention again to put his supplies on the upper cabinet.

"Well, sort of. I’m still at university, but I have a part time job in a cafe." Hwayoung said.

Then, silence washed over them again. Jimin finished putting his supplies and his stomach growled again.

"I’ll cook." Hwayoung volunteered.

"Okay." Jimin said and waited in the dining room.

He watched Hwayoung silently. She looked like she’s a good cooker and Jimin thanked himself for bringing the girl home. Hwayoung finished cooking and served the food on the table that Jimin was already sitting. Hwayoung looked expectantly as Jimin munched his food.

"Why are you staring at me?" Jimin asked bothered by Hwayoung intense stare.

"Uhm, how’s the food?" She asked hesitantly.

"It’s good." Jimin replied shortly.

Hwayoung felt herself could breathe again after hearing that. She was a bit disappointed though by Jimin’s short reply, but she brushed it off lightly. Jimin decided he would was the dishes and showed Hwayoung’s room first.

"This is your room, next to mine. I hope you like it. That’s the least thing I could help you with." Jimin said and headed to the kitchen afterwards.

Hwayoung walked inside her room and was surprised to find it painted in Grey. Wow, she exclaimed in her heart. It wasn’t a big room, but still a bit bigger from her previous room in her old apartment. It was pretty much complete, she even surprised to see there’s a study table. She didn’t expect that.

Once, she was on the bed, she couldn’t help drifting off to sleep slowly. She mumbled incoherent words, but one thing for sure, she said.
"Thank you, Jimin.”

---

Hwayoung woke up early in the morning. She rolled on the bed comfortably before slowly realizing she wasn’t in her own apartment. She sat up right away and looked around. She remembered then that she was in Jimin’s apartment. She sighed heavily and fell back to the mattress. She has two classes today. Then, she would go straight to the cafe where she worked. She almost forgot that she also needed to get her belongings before Mrs. Song sells them all.

"But how can I get it?" Hwayoung said more like a whisper to herself. She decided to freshen up herself first. Hwayoung walked out of her room tip toeing afraid to make any sounds that would wake up Jimin. She found the bathroom not far from her room. She took a bath then went to her room. She changed her clothes then tied her hair in a messy bun before heading out to the kitchen. She had to do her job now like what Jimin had said yesterday.

‘Cooking wouldn’t make me late to the campus either’, she thought. She hummed lightly as she picked the ingredients to make the breakfast. She is a good cooker, at least that’s what her best friend said. She just hoped Jimin would like the breakfast she made. She spent about thirty minutes cooking. Then, she served her food in the table and put Jimin’s food on the off microwave.

"Well, he could heat it later." Hwayoung said.

She ate silently while thinking about how could she said to Areum, her best friend, that she needed money again. She grumbled silently. Thinking about it just made her head wanted to explode. She dismissed the thought immediately and washed her plate in the sink. She left a small note on the refrigerator telling Jimin that she left for university and his food is on the microwave. Hwayoung fixed her hair and clothes before get going. She took one last glance at herself and took her bag in her room then walked to the already busy Seoul street.

---

Jimin squirmed under his sheet as the ray of sunlight hit his eyes lightly. He groaned inwardly. He looked at his bedside table and saw the clock was ticking on nine already. He had schedule at ten, so he had to hurry himself before his manager fetched him. He went to his bathroom and cleaned himself. He took a black pants and a black shirt. His hair was still wet, but he put no care. He remembered the events from last night and was very happy. He didn’t have to cook anymore, he thought. But, his excitement met disappointment when he saw the dining table was empty. There was no food there, not even a trace of someone had already cooked there. He was a bit disappointed that Hwayoung didn’t keep her promise. He walked to her room and knocked at her door.

"Hwayoung." Jimin knocked on her door.

Once.

"Hwayoung-ssi." His voice got a bit louder this time.

Twice.

"Park Hwayoung." Jimin almost shouted in front of her room.

Thrice.

He lost all his patience and barged into her room. However, he found nothing, exactly no one than a tidy bed. He cussed himself for forgetting that Hwayoung was probably at her university already. He walked out of her room feeling devastated. He was hungry by now and he again not in the mood for cooking.

"Aish, I shouldn’t have trusted her." He said and walked to the kitchen to grab a cool water in the refrigerator. His eyes travelled to the refrigerator’s door and found a small pink note on it. He read it.

Jimin-ssi. I made the breakfast already and I put it in the microwave. You could warm it later. I’m sorry I didn’t wake you up. I thought you might be tired since you slept late. I hope you like the food:)
I have to go now and have a nice day.

Park Hwayoung

Jimin smiled reading the small note she had left him. He went to the microwave and heated the food up. Then, he ate it and surprised to find the delicious taste. It was even better than last night.

"I have to thank later." Jimin said.

His manager came at 10 a.m. sharp. Jimin then left for his schedule with the boys.

---

"Hwayoung!!!" Hwayoung waved at her beloved friends, Areum, who approached her while running.

"Hey." Hwayoung said when her bestfriend was beside her already. They hugged each other.

"How are you?" Areum asked her while sitting in front of her.

"Uhm, not good." Hwayoung bit her lower lips. Areum could sense that her friend was in trouble.

"What’s going o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter