[ t w o ]

[ S A Y I T ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A P T E R T W O

 

“Jeonghan, what’s my next schedule?”

Yoon Jeonghan is Mingyu’s personal assistant which also his childhood friend. Mr. Yoon, Jeonghan’s father was Mingyu’s father trusted secretary. It runs in the blood, as Mingyu was appointed as the CEO, Jeonghan came back from United States to be his assistant.

“Next is…” Jeonghan checks his tab. He’s efficient, professional and smart which makes other companies CEO are jealous of Mingyu. “Christ Orphanage Donation Ceremony in Mapo” he told.

“Huh? I don’t remember giving out donation to charity” – Disclaimer, Mingyu is not a scrooge but lately he’s too busy to think about being kind to people. His thoughts are occupied with his friends disputes and Jung Soojung's plan.

Jeonghan chuckles, “That's because it’s not you, Mr. Kim wants you to attend it”

“Me? Why?” He blinks

“I'm not sure but looking at the guest lists, I think he wants you to meet Miss Bae from the BS Group”

“Aish! Another arranged marriage meeting?” Mingyu starts to whine.

Jeonghan snickers “Well, Mr. Kim would not stop until you get him a daughter-in-law. He wants grandchild, Sir”

Mingyu rolls his eyes while leaning his head against the car window. What Jeonghan just said is true. His dad never stops about talking about grandchild and woman that he could treat as his own daughter. “It to be an only child” he mumbles “Yah, Yoon Jeonghan can you dress up in skirts and stuffs and be my girlfriend?” he still whining.

“No sir, I may have a long hair but I don’t look like a girl” he stated.

“That’s what you said” he mumbles. Jeonghan frequently being hit by his male friends who thought the guy was a female. Sometimes the tabloid post articles about him and a girl but take it down after knowing that Jeonghan is a male.

 

[ Christ Orphanage Donation Ceremony ]

“Where’s Mingyu?”

“He’s outside, taking care of some things” told Jeonghan to Mr. Kim. The old man is talking to the man who might be Mingyu’s future father-in-law. Jeonghan looks at the man from up to toe.

 

“BS Group is facing some financial difficulties right now”

“Oh! Really? I guess that’s why he’s aiming for some ‘collaboration’” Mingyu gestures his fingers.

“Yeah, I think if BS Group merged with KJ Group, both group will gain profits. However, KJ Group could still be okay without BS Group but not vice versa” Jeonghan explains.

Mingyu nods, he knows how dirty the world he’s living in so it’s not a shocker for him. “Hm”

“What is your plan, boss?” Jeonghan furrowed his brows. Kim Mingyu displays his evil smirks.

 

“This must be your son personal assistant. I heard a lot about you” says Mr. Bae.

Jeonghan bows and flashes a fake smile, “I hope you heard only great things”

Mr. Kim and Mr. Bae laughs while Jeonghan glancing to the door, hoping his boss would come in any soon. He is eyeing the guards and the buff man signalling that Mingyu will come in soon.

 

“So, you are saying that you’ll be in the studio all day?”

“Yeah, the fashion week is near”

Soojung pouts “Then, what am I going to do? I’m free all day”

Soojung meets Nara during lunch hour after forcing the workaholic lady to step out into the sun light. Nara has been in the studio for a week now. She’s been designing her clothes and so on.

“I’m sorry, Soojung-ah”

“It’s okay, I know why you’re busying yourself” she grins. Nara stares “No, it’s not that”

Soojung thinks that Nara is making herself busy to forget about Wonwoo ever since she left the guy at the café last week. “It’s written all over your face, Seo Nara” she sips her drink.

Nara just shrugs, what Soojung just said is kind of true. She did make herself busy to stop thinking about the male’s being but at the same time, she’s launching a new clothing line so she needs to stay focus.

“I think I’ll just go and watch movie, alone, without a partner” Soojung stirs her drink slowly while trying to ask for the other’s girl sympathy. Nara didn’t buy it and the female ended up pouting. "I blamed Jeon Wonwoo for making your soft heart as hard as rock now"

Nara chuckles, "Stop blaming people, Soojung."

 

“Kim Mingyu, am I one of your girl accessories now?”

“No, I mean—but you agreed to it!”

“You said you’re going to the orphanage!”

“Well, look around. Isn’t this an orphanage?”

Jeonghan rubs his temple; the couple have been bickering ever since he picks up the girl at the boutique. “Guys, I’m going inside first. Once you settled down, do come in” he leaves the two.

“This is an orphanage but I don’t think there’ll be reporters around!”

Mingyu scoffs “You didn’t have camera phobia, did you?”

“I’m going back” she’s about to leave but Mingyu grabs the girl by her arm. “Wait! Please help me, this once” he begs. She stares at those puppy eyes.

Soojung sighs “Fine, only this once and that’s only because I have no plan for the day”

He grins as he heaved a sigh, he felt a little relieved. “Thank you, I owe you one, Jung Soojung” he grins as he stare at the other. Soojung rolls her eyes “Just make sure that I’ll be getting tons of chocolates in front of my house tomorrow”

“Aye aye, chief!” he salutes the girl before offering his arm. Soojung reaches and hold Mingyu’s arm before the male escorted her to the door. Mingyu gestures his bodyguard to open the door. “Put on your Dispatch face” he whispers.

 

Jeonghan smiles wide when the couple enters with a big smile on their face. He looks dashing while she looks gorgeous. The assistant took a glance at the two old men faces, he smirks a little.

“W-Who is that?” Mr. Kim asks.

“Oh, the woman named is Jung Soojung. A high-brand model which young master Kim used to date but for several reasons they broke up. However, they will likely be together again” Jeonghan explains.

“I see” Mr. Kim nods. Mr. Bae looks dumbfounded. “I-I think I need to use the washroom” said the old man. Jeonghan flashes his winning smirk as the man leaves and the couple approaches Mr. Kim and Jeonghan.

“Hello, dad” said Mingyu, smiling. Soojung bows gracefully “Hello, Mr. Kim, perhaps Mr. Yoon has introduced me to you but let me politely introduce myself again”

Mr. Kim smiles, Mingyu and Jeonghan flashes a winning smile. The two knows that Mr. Kim approve the lady that Mingyu introduced. “Please, do so” said Mr. Kim.

 

Nara scrolls her Instagram and smiles as she saw Soojung and Mingyu update. They look cute together. How she wishes the two could get back together again. ‘Getting back together’ she sighs. As if reading her mind, Jeon Wonwoo commented under Mingyu’s picture. ‘Oh, you guys get back together?’

Her fingers automatically click onto his name. “Food, food, book, friends, book, and scenery” she mutters the pictures uploaded by the male. Wonwoo is being Wonwoo, he dislikes to put a picture of himself on display. “I miss you, did you miss me?” her thumb caresses the phone screen that displays one of Wonwoo picture.

 

“How’s Seo Nara?”

“Still like that” she smiles.

The two sat at the VVIP table while Mr. Kim gives his speech at the front. “How’s Wonwoo?”

“Same as her” he sighs “So, are you sure about the Japan trip?”

She nods “Why wouldn’t I be, I’m one of the model” Soojung grins.

Mingyu snorts “Nara has low expectations on the models, hasn’t she?”

Soojung glares before giving the male a pinch on the arm. He just laughs, missing the days where he always teases the lady and how he misses her reactions.

 

“Hi”

Mingyu and Soojung turn their head to the same directions. There is a tall male standing in front of them giving out a happy smile with a holy vibe. Mingyu examines the male from up toe.

“Kim Mingyu, right? I’m Hong Jisoo”

“Hong.Ji.Soo?” his brain starts to search for files. He looks at Soojung and the girl shrugs that mean he’s not his colleague from university.

“Remember that one time, where I got beaten by your best friend?” Jisoo helps.

“Oh, now I remember!” he slaps his temple. "Sorry, I'm bad at remembering people"

"It's okay" - The two shake hands while staring at each other. "Long time no see"

"Yeah, long time-" Jisoo laughs.

 

 

“Yah”

“Hm?”

“Who is that Hong Jisoo guy?”

Mingyu chuckles, ever since Soojung entered the car, she has been silent. She must’ve gather her ultimate curiosity to open .

“Nara, Wonwoo and my schoolmate”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter