[ p r o l o g u e]

[ S A Y I T ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[ C H R I S T M A S   E V E ]

“What are we?”

“I’m not sure”

“When you are sure of it, tell me”

She left the café, the male stayed. If this is a scene of a movie, he would’ve went after her and pull her back then kiss her. However, this is not a movie. His legs cramped to the seat. From the café window, he saw her walking away. She’s beautiful, intelligent and she knew him more than his family but would it worth it to sacrifice their friendship for this mere feelings? He can’t predict the future, what if the relationship didn’t work out and he’ll lose her forever? He’s afraid of taking chances.

 

“You’re an idiot”

“I know”

“What are you afraid of?”

“Losing her forever”

His friend sighed. He knew the girl well since the three went to school together. She’s a mature woman. His evidences are her exes. She still befriended with all of her exes, except for one guy but he thinks that she did the right decision not to stay friends with that rich, ignorant and arrogant jerk. Anyways, he will not lose her. She’s one of the kind but how to make him understand that she’s not like his immature and y exes? He gave up, he thought.

 

“So, are you okay with it?”

“Yeah- I’m okay with it. I got fed up anyways”

“What did he do this time?”

“I went to a dinner with this guy because he asked me out”

“Wait, don’t say”

“Yes, he went to the restaurant

“That stupid, ”

She met the two in college. They were like milk and cookies, inseparable at times. Since then she became roommates with her. So, she basically knows everything since everyday she talks about him and the memories comes out of bits by bits. He’s not a jerk but he’s just afraid of comittment but as a woman, she knows why her friend made that decision.

 

[ C A F E ]

“He said he’s okay but seems not”

“Same here, she keeps staring into spaces lately”

“He went to club but ordered plain water. What worse is that he didn’t even looked at one girl”

“She keeps sighing and going to places where he might be in though she said she just want 'to go there' without reason”

The two friends sigh. Soojung stares at Mingyu while the other just stares outside. Actually, meeting Mingyu would be her last resort but she is quite desperate now. She needs to stop Seo Nara from being such a glum.

 

“By the way, how are you?”

Mingyu turns his head to look at the female who he used to call ‘Honey.’ He broke up with Soojung out of mutual agreement. The two are the King and Queen of the campus at that time so they are surrounded by boys and girls. Insecurity is the word to give a theme to their reason of breaking up.

 

“I’ve been travelling back and forth and you?”

Soojung managed to put her name in the modelling industry. She’s been travelling around the world and been working with few famous designers as their runway models. Meanwhile, Mingyu is now inherited his father’s company and become the youngest CEO in South Korea.

 

“Well, same as you. We’ve met multiple of times but you seem to avoid me”

Soojung coughs a little. She thought he wouldn’t notice her. Mingyu chuckles, he expected that. He actually could feel her presence well and when he turns to look at the woman, she might have been hiding somewhere and the worse one would be under the dessert table.

 

“I thought it would just be awkward. You seem to have many beautiful girls around you”

“So, I couldn’t imagine the ‘awkward’ part though”

Mingyu admits that his arm has never been empty whenever he went to formal party or conventions. He is the youngest among the businessman who usually are old men or married CEOs. So, he would end up looking like a total loser without a date.

 

“Ex-girlfriend meeting new girlfriend, is an awkward scene. You males didn’t understand”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter