Part 5 - Our Story

I Only See You

Part 5 - OUR STORY

{ THE BEST PRESENT IS YOU }


It is finally the day.

After a month being apart from each other, they will finally meet today. Coincidentally BTS and Red Velvet comeback were overlapping and it was more than a good news to them. As of how Wendy has been missing Hoseok, Seulgi feels the same to Jimin. Late night video calls and messaging through KakaoTalk was not enough. Despite how much they wanted to go on a date and hold hands on the street, it was not the same when you're an idol. Dating was banned and even if you did dating, you had to be secretive and hide it from the media and fans. It was hurting both parties at the same time. But there's nothing they can do.

Seulgi stared at the butterfly hairpin he bought for her on their first so-called date (or double date since it was supposed to be Hoseok and Wendy's date) and smiled longingly as she blew out a short sigh. She clipped on the hairpin on her hair and look at her reflection on her phone screen. She does look lovely wearing it. Jimin did not lie at all.

She was so nervous. Being in the same building with him is making her more anxious. The interview was awkward, and the encore stage was also the same. She wishes she could congratulate him in front of the cameras, but she can't do that. She can never do that. Only short bowing and a slight touching at the tip of their fingers are the only things they can do behind the cameras.

But when Jimin texted her after their encore stage to meet, after several months not seeing each other face, Seulgi can be more happier. 

"Hyung, how do I look?"

"Handsome as always." Seokjin complimented him. "But not as handsome as me."

"Hyung, I'm nervous."

"Just go and leave me alone."

Yoongi goes back to sleep as Jimin was restless after sending the text message to Seulgi. He should be celebrating their win today but he is far more excited to meet Seulgi after months apart from each other. The members did not want him to hold back too anyway, so they just let him do what he wanted since they only have a week to spend their time together before BTS continue their world tour.

"Jimin hyung, you gonna burn the floor if you keep walking at the same place," Jungkook said but the pink-haired dude won't listen to him.

"I'm going to meet Wendy, " Hoseok stare at Jimin when he saw the latter was walking back and forth inside the waiting room. "Jimin, aren't you going to see Seulgi too?"

"Can I come with you?" Jimin lifted his head with glittery eyes that made Hoseok kind of regretting asking him."I'm so nervous right now I don't know what to do."

Hoseok sighs, "Uh, sure." but Hoseok himself, doesn't even sure about it. A sudden regret filling inside his chest and hoping for Wendy to not killing him for this. She doesn't want any double date after that day, but the thing is ... Jimin needs help. He had been observing him for two months now after the two started dating, but nothing has changed. Jimin is still the guy who can't handle his anxiousness and Seulgi is still the dumbfounded one. What a tragic love story. He wanted to bring the man out from Jimin in order to save them from being a no-jam couple, this is the only idea he could think of as of for right now.

Just for this day, Seungwan. I'm sorry!

Wendy dragged Seulgi out from the practice room, leaving the other 3 members inside as she brought her to the narrow hallway. Seulgi being the dumbfounded one was staring at Wendy in curiosity when they were standing in front of the waiting room door that was opposite from the boys.

"You know I was waiting for Jimin, right? You don't have to bring me here too."

"I know, Seul." Wendy sighs as she massages her temples, "Hoseok texted me that Jimin will come along with him. That's why I bring you here." 

"Wait, what?" Seulgi was surprised. "Don't tell me he's going for another double date?" Remembering how awkward it was, even though they were not dating at that time, is making Seulgi wanted to bury herself for second-hand embarrassment. "Ah, Park Jimin what are you thinking?" She mumbled.

"Give him a piece of your mind," Wendy whispered to her, "If he's going to act like this, you guys won't have any progress."

A few minutes of waiting, two figure of men came out from the waiting room next to their's, revealing Hoseok and Jimin with their stage outfits from their Spring Day performance earlier. The girls wondering why they didn't change their clothes and ask them about that.

"Oh, it just that—we're in a hurry." Hoseok tried to laugh it off but seeing the girls in their casual clothes already make him become embarrassed.

Jimin bite his lips when he saw Seulgi hiding behind Wendy's back. He doesn't know why, but she looks angry. Her face doesn't say that she was glad to see him, but why? Did he do anything wrong to her?

At the same time, Wendy was making an eye contact with Hoseok, giving the signal to leave them alone immediately. Hoseok gulped and begin his actions with an awkward laughter to Jimin. 

"Oh yeah, we're done here, right Jimin? I'm leaving with Seungwan." Hoseok's words shocked him and he looked at him with his widened eyes.

"Wait! Why?" Jimin was overwhelmed. "Aren't we—”

"Because I have my own ing date with my girlfriend you bastard," He said while grinding his teeth together and his facial expression was saying 'Get your together and be a man' as Jimin gulped in horror. "Your girlfriend is there. Now, will you excuse us." Hoseok immediately grabs Wendy's hand and dragged her out from the hallway, leaving Jimin and Seulgi there together.

The atmosphere was cold and Jimin didn't know what to do even though it is their first time after a few months meeting each other again. Seulgi doesn't look impressed either, and Jimin doesn't know what did he do wrong. Was it because he was late? He was sure he came just in time. Was it because of Hoseok? Why would it because of him? It doesn't make sense.

"Seulgi-yah," Jimin grabbed her arms softly, "Look at me."

Seulgi refused and Jimin can clearly see she was pouting. "Are you angry at me?"

"Why should I be angry with you?"

Exactly! That's what Jimin supposed to ask her but he didn't dare to. Should he just admit it he was wrong? Well, there is nothing he can do other than that. Maybe this way Seulgi will tell him what did he do until she was sulking like that.

"Okay, I was wrong. Can you forgive me and tell me what did I do to you?" He stared at her with his puppy eyes, hoping for Seulgi to fall for it.

And she really falls for it after a first glance. Seulgi let out a sigh and Jimin smiled in satisfaction. 

"I was upset." She said.

Jimin tilted his head, curious. "For what?"

"For everything." She continues, "From the way that you act, we are supposed to be dating right? Why didn't I feel like we are? Why do you have to follow Hoseok to meet me and not coming by yourself to pick me like a man you are? Why Jimin? I thought you love me? I missed you like crazy and you come to meet me like you were afraid of me! Why did you do that? Why?!"

She begins to cry, and Jimin still doesn't know what to do. Being inexperienced in dating really give a knock in his head. What is he supposed to do at the time like this? Should he call for Hoseok or her members to calm her down? Should he cry together? Wait, that doesn't make any sense. Goodness, he had lost his mind right now. Looking at Seulgi crying doesn't please him at all. He wanted to get mad and punch himself.

That's when he finally realized his mistake - from the beginning, he was not acting like a boyfriend at all. He did everything through Hoseok and Wendy whenever he wanted to meet her. He never makes any effort and building a courage to meet her himself. They didn't have a date after officially dating and been only contacting through Kakaotalk and Facetime. He never asks her for a date because he is afraid that the media or the fans will see them, nor that he compliments her just like what a boyfriend should. And after such a long time being apart, when he finally meets her, he ruined it by asking Hoseok for help, again. 

He didn't do it himself, just because he was 'nervous' and 'afraid'. "How stupid can I be? Making my girlfriend cried because of my own stupidity and didn't overcome it myself." He mumbled.

He pulled her into a sudden hug, embracing her tiny figure carefully, "I was wrong, I'm sorry." His voice is shaking. "I was nervous about meeting you the first time after we have been apart for such a long time. I didn't know what to do and I asked Hoseok hyung to accompany me. I didn't even think about that you would probably be mad at me for doing this. I should have known."

Hearing his words made her realized how innocent they are in a relationship. They both were inexperienced when it comes to love, and they dare to take the risk to share their mutual feelings. It's only two months after they started dating, they still are lacking a lot of things. They haven't had their first kiss, heck, they don't even go to their first date yet!

Seulgi wrapped her arms around his free waist causing him to have a mini heart attack and a sudden fluttering inside his stomach.

"Please don't do that again," She whispered. "I forgive you. But if you repeated it again, it'll be over for us."

Jimin collided his forehead on her's, making their faces only a few inches apart. This time, it was Seulgi who have a sudden fluttering inside her stomach. She didn't know looking at him at this closed distance will make her fall in love over and over again.

"I will not, I promise." His breath is hitting her teasingly and the plum lips of him is making her nervous just by looking at it.

"Then," Seulgi softly pushed him to the wall and stare at him with a teasing seductive look, "Will you kiss me, Park Jimin?"

Two can play at that game, Jimin thought as he grabbed her arms, changing their position where Seulgi is the one being pushed to the wall. She was more than surprise how bold he can be. "I'm more than willing to kiss you." He with a light peck on her nose bridge, much to her shock that her heart almost jumped out from her ribcage. "We can make love if you want!"

Seulgi eyes widened,"Yah! ert..." She mumbled as a hint of blush could be seen on her cheeks. "Just a kiss is fine."

"It'll be our first then." He laughed and released his hands from holding her hands before Seulgi clung her arms around his neck. "I love you, Seulgi." 

"I love you, too." Seulgi shyly replied to him and Jimin placed his lips on her, kissing her passionately. 

Through the kiss, their feelings are finally one. I need you, I want you, I love you, I miss you - was all combined in their first shared kiss. It was warm and loving, just like their love. Her lips are soft, and Jimin is addicted. For the first time in his life that didn't care about the media and fans anymore. If they were caught kissing like this by the likes of Dispatch, he is more to welcome them to make a press conference on how he loves Seulgi so much, he wanted to marry her.

"So, it was your plan?" Wendy squinted her eyes as she stares at her boyfriend with a smirk, "What do you mean by 'bringing the man out of him'?"

Hoseok puts the glass of iced tea down after taking a few sips, "It is what it means, I want him to be bolder to her."

Wendy laughs, "Bold? Yah, you're not bold to me either."

"At least we kissed like so many times. They haven't had their first kiss yet!"

"Do you have to say it out loud? Geez, Hoseok!" Wendy looked away as a hint of blush can be seen on her cheeks.

Hoseok stares at his girlfriend lovingly as he touched her free hand, causing Wendy to jolt in surprise. "You surprised me..."

"We have been together for almost a year now," He said as he caresses her tiny hand, "I love you a lot Son Seungwan."

Wendy couldn't hide her embarrassment anymore, she was blushing right to her ears. Ah, what is this public confession? Hoseok was bolder than she thought. They have been together for a long time and it feels like it was only yesterday he said that to her. And now she's glad to hear it again.

The 'I love you' words.

"It feels like it was yesterday when Taehyung got your phone number for me," Hoseok continues, "I never thought that we will end up together."

"Everyone started being friendly with each other after we were dating," Wendy smiled, "I love how our friendship grows so fast. Now, Jimin and Seulgi are also together."

Hoseok sighs, "Well it's too bad we can't show it to the public. Ah, I wish I can tell the world that I love you!"

"Shut up!" Wendy slaps his biceps. "You're too loud!" She smiled bashfully.

Later that night...

"Unnie, where are you going?" Yeri was woken up by the sounds Seulgi made in the kitchen. "It's 1 a.m. We have schedule tomorrow."

Seulgi peeks from her shoulder while her hands were busy packing the sandwiches inside a clear lunch box."Oh, Yeri! Sorry if I wake you up!" She apologized while smiling at her and Yeri tilted her head in curiosity, still wondering what is she doing.

"Seriously, unnie? Are you going to have a midnight date?" Yeri stares at Seulgi in disbelieve when she realized what Seulgi was doing. The older one smile in guilt at her and a soft laughter escapes.

"He'll be going on a world tour soon. It's our only chance."

"Seulgi?" Irene flicked the lights open and both Yeri and Seulgi jumped in surprise. "You're making a sandwich? At a time like this?" Irene stares at the living room clock before landing her gaze back at Seulgi. 

"What is this? Did everyone woke up?" Yeri looks confused when she saw Irene was standing next to her.

"Most likely," Wendy and Joy appeared from their bedroom. "You two are so loud."

Seulgi laughs at how her members bickering at each other soon after they woke up. It's her fault though and she apologized for waking them up not in purpose in the middle of the night.

"So you have a date huh? It must be good." Wendy said while yawning, sleepy.

"Yeah, and I have to go now! Jimin is waiting!" She shoved the lunch box inside a tote bag as she put on her mask and tied her hair into a ponytail before wearing a black cap over it.

"Be careful, Seul." Irene looks concerned. "Dispatch might be lurking around at this hour."

Seulgi flashed a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, we'll be careful."

"So you don't need my help anymore?" Hoseok teasingly said to Jimin while the latter only smile back at him.

"It's my relationship. I need to do my best." He said, breathing deeply.

Hoseok pats his shoulder, "That's the spirit! I'll be going now. Good luck on your first date!"

"Thanks, hyung." Jimin said softly as Hoseok went back inside to their dorm while Jimin walks down the stairs of the apartment.

He took out his phone and stares at the clock shown on the screen; 1:35 a.m. He really went all out, huh? It probably not the best first date he could give to her but at least as long as she's happy, that's what he was aiming for. A few minutes of waiting, he could hear footsteps from distance and immediately turned his head to the direction it comes from. Seulgi waved to him and smiling like a sunshine she is. Ah, he almost blinded by it.

"Did you wait long?" She asks. Jimin shakes his head.

"Let's go now." He said as he took her hand, wrapping his fingers around warmly as they begin walking hand in hand together.

The night was warm and loving, even though spring has not come yet but it almost like the spring is already coming for them. After a few of bus rides, Jimin and Seulgi arrived at the infamous spot of Banpo bridge of Han river, which the bridge was known as the rainbow in the night sky where at night lots of colorful lights will come out from both sides of the bridge. It was the first time for them to come here together as a couple, Seulgi was watching the view in excitement while Jimin was staring at her with a wide smile.

"It's beautiful." Seulgi said as she stares at the bridge as she looked around the park, "There are not many people here."

"It's because only couples come at night to see this," Jimin said as he pulls her closer by putting his arm around her waist. "Do you like it?"

Seulgi squeezed her body closer to him, "I like it so much."

"You know, this is my favorite spot if I wanted to be alone, away from being an idol even just for a couple of hours." Jimin begins to tell his story, "That's why I brought you here. I want to share this place with you now I'm not alone anymore." He released his hand from her waist, now they were facing each other as if there were stars in their eyes. "This is the best I can do for you. I'm sorry I can't bring you to a normal first date."

"Jimin," Seulgi reaches his chubby cheeks, caressing it softly, "It's okay. How many times should I say it? I don't care, even if our first date was in the basement of your old agency studio, I still appreciated it."

Jimin laughs when Seulgi mentions about the basement floor of his old agency building. "I'm surprised you know about the basement."

"Well, Wendy talks a lot about Hoseok. She sometimes slips her tongue whenever she talks." Seulgi laugh.

A few moments of silence pregnant between them as they watched the glittering rainbow lights splashing it colors onto the Han river. The night was cold, but it feels so warm here when they cuddle like this; his arms around her and her head resting on his shoulder. There's nothing he could ever wish for.

"Hey, Seul. Close your eyes." Jimin whispered.

Seulgi rolled her eyes upward to look at him, "Um, why?"

"Just close it." He said with a hint of naughty smirk could be seen on his plum lips. 

Doubting nothing, Seulgi closed her eyes just like he told her to. Jimin pulled out a silver ring from his pocket and took her left hand as he slips the ring carefully on her ring finger. Thank god, it fits! When he was finished, he kissed her hand, causing Seulgi to open her eyes immediately.

"What are you doing?" Seulgi stares up at him suspiciously but Jimin motioned his head for her to look down on her hand. She did, and she couldn't believe it with her own eyes. "What is this? Yah, Park Jimin!" She almost crying and it looks cute to him seeing her flustered like that. 

Jimin took her hand and placed a feathery kiss on it as Seulgi staring at him with tears in her eyes.

"It's a promise," Jimin said while looking straight into her brown orbs, "with this ring on your finger, I promise I will love you and protect you at all cost no matter what will happen between us, until this silver ring become the golden ring that will make you mine forever, I love you Kang Seulgi."

"What is this..." she begins to sobs, "Park Jimin you idiot..!" she sobs again, "I love you too, idiot Park Jimin...!" she cried her eyes out and hide her face on his chest. 

Jimin couldn't help but pull her into his embrace just by looking at her crying face. She still looks cute and beautiful, he's in love again.

"Aigoo yah, what did I do to deserve a person like you, Seulgi?" He whispered. "I love you." 

He lifted her head up from his chest and wiped her tears as he kisses her eyes, then to her forehead, he moved his lips to her nose bridge and stops at her lips. It was cold, but the inside was warm. He her bottom lips, asking for an entrance, as Seulgi opening a little before Jimin attacking her with a passionate kiss. They both lay on the grassy ground while their lips locked on each other, widely aware that the paparazzi and sasaeng fans alike could be there somewhere, clicking their cameras, capturing their moments. But they just don't care anymore. 

His wild hand running on her silky brown hair smoothly, carefully touching her body as if it was a fragile material. Jimin wanted it, but it looks like he was rushing the things out when they only shared their first kiss during the day and first date during the night. He can wait for it, right? When the right times come. He sure Seulgi is also ready for that.

It was almost dusk when they come home and both of them hate this moment.

"It's time to say goodbye, again." Seulgi stares down on her feet. "I don't want to leave."

"Me too." Jimin pulled her into a hug, "I wish we can stay like this forever."

The color of the morning sky begins to greet them in a few seconds after the last goodbye. It was too heartbreaking, and doubts filling inside their chest. Will it be okay like this? Will they last long for a long-distance relationship? Will they? They don't know. The future is still unclear for them. But someday, they know, when the time really come and their red string on their pinky fingers are still strongly tied together, it will be a happy ending for them.

 

END