Part 4 - Their Story pt.2

I Only See You

part 4 - THEIR STORY pt.2

{ IN THE NAME OF LOVE }


It is the last day for their practice before Gayo Daejun—and both Jimin and Seulgi were working hard on their performances for the last practice.

 

Seulgi was panting so hard soon after the 24k Magic song came to an end. Like finally, after 8 hours of practicing to the point they can't feel their legs anymore, Kasper, the choreographer, decided to take a break. She glanced around the room, there were seven of them and they were all on the verge of giving up—Jinyoung and Yugyeom were lying on their stomach on the floor, Ten was gulping his third bottle of water, Lisa, on the other hand, was panting hard while spacing out, Eunjin and Yooah were lying on each other body as they keep saying "Tired...so tired..." 

She sighs and wondering if the modern dance group is also suffering as much as them, and her thought drifted to Jimin, wondering if he is doing his best too.

After their so-called double date with Hoseok and Wendy, they only have been in contact through Kakao Talk all the time and barely bumped with each other during practice. It so hard to reach him and Seulgi feels like she has no hope whatsoever. Jimin and her both have different schedules and both busy with their group activities—see? It so hard for them to meet, and it's even harder for a couple like Hoseok and Wendy. She witnessed Wendy cried while sleeping once and Seulgi assumed it's probably she missed Hoseok so much.

Huh, thinking about that made me missed him suddenly.

Thirty minutes have passed for their break and all of them go to their places soon after Kasper entered the room. All of them were ready for the music to begin playing, but nothing happened.

"Okay, you guys probably wondering why I didn't turn the stereo on." Kasper took a seat on a provided chair inside the room. "Your practice is over for now." He said with a smirk, gaining curiosity over the group and they thought something fishy is going to happen. "There'll be an extra practice."

They thought so. All of them could only sigh at the announcement.

"What is it? An extended choreography?" Yugyeom asked in a matter of annoyance. Seriously he wanted all of this to end now.

Kasper pursed his lips while rubbing his chin "Maybe?" A hint of a smile came across his lips. "But you guys won't be suffering alone."

"What do you mean?" Lisa asked, curious like the other people. 

"The modern dance team is performing together with you guys," Kasper said, crossing his arms and legs, "for the closing performance."

Seulgi swears her heart almost dropped to the floor when she heard the announcement. The others were shocked as she was, but she still can't belive it they will be performing together. Is this a dream? Seulgi hopes this isn't a dream—because this is the only stage she will be standing with Jimin.

Together.

The modern dance team cheered in excitement soon after their choreographer announced their collaboration with the street dance team. Jimin's heart skips a beat at the thought of Seulgi will be performing with him. He really can't imagine it how, but he definitely thrilled.

"Okay now, I'll dismiss all of you and thank you for your cooperation." The choreographer bowed to them and they bowed back, before leaving the practice room and moving to the third floor where the street dance team at.

"I'm so excited!" Hakyeon exclaimed from behind Jimin. "I thought we're going to end it just like that. I never thought there will be a closing performance."

"Of course it is!" Mina softly slapping Hakyeon's biceps. "It's a special occasion after all."

Jimin smiled, special indeed.

The team arrived at the said room and were greeted by Kasper soon after they arrived. The other team bowed to them and Jimin caught Seulgi at the back—they smiled secretly at each other.

"Since everyone is here, I shall give a simple briefing about the closing performance." Kasper seated cross legged with his hands inside his sweatpants, "There was high anticipation from the PD on both modern dance team and street dance team, so he decided to make a closing stage with two teams together." He blew a raspberry. "I'm sorry to say this but sorry for stealing your precious time and though it's a last minute decision, I hope you guys will give all that you got. Let's do this!"

"Fighting!"

 

The song In The Name of Love ended and all the people inside the room clapped their hands in satisfaction. Kasper was looking proudly at them and shakes his head in disbelieve.

"As expected of idols," He smiled, "you guys did learn the choreography so well. There's nothing to fix anymore."

"It was easy though," Jinyoung said and everyone agreed on him.

But, well, not everyone actually. Seulgi was looking down on the floor all the time and Jimin who was standing next to her is eyeing her curiously, trying to figure out what's wrong.

"Okay then. It's a wrap! Good job everybody and good luck for tomorrow!"

 

When everyone is gone and the practice room is vacant, Seulgi walked inside again after taking her belongings from the locker room. She strode to the stereo and as she turned it on, the song for their closing performance boomed again. She threw her backpack and her flannel on the floor as she stood still in front the mirror. When the song reaches the chorus, she begins to dance according to the choreography Kasper had taught them before. It was easy at first, then she suddenly becomes confused in amidst.

Where should I go after this?

What comes after this?

Why is this so hard?!

She tried to match her movement with the song but she can't and ended up collapsing on the floor, the song has come to end. She stared at her reflection in the mirror while asking herself, "Why can't I do it?" It was so easy for everyone else but why she can't get that 1-minute worth easy dance? "Ah, why am I like this?" She buried herself on her palms, crying her heart out. It was finally her time to shine as the main dancer of Red Velvet, and she is going to blow up the chance with this simple mistake. What should she do now? Everyone has gone back and she had nobody to learn from. She's going to humiliate the whole team tomorrow, it terrifies her as the thought came to her mind.

Secontinuestinue on crying, if only there's a shoulder for her to lean on, she really wished for it. Suddenly, she feel a warm-like presence behind her, touching her shoulder and she abruptly turning her head around only to find the least person she would expect to appear, but she wished he would appear, at time like this.

"Seulgi? Why are you here?" Jimin asked, hand still on her shoulder. "It's already late. You should go back."

Seulgi stared at him for a few moments before she dropped her gaze from him, "I wanted to practice more."

"Practice?" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows as he tilted his head. He had no idea why Seulgi still wanted to practice when she had done well during their practice earlier and he was more curious when he realized she was crying. He turned her body to face him and wipe her tears as Seulgi stared at him, speechless. "You're crying. Why?" His eyes were full of concern, and when he saw another trail of tears starting to fall down again, he quickly wipe it. "Tell me. I'm all ears."

Seulgi who had been speechless all the time, and trying to hold back her tears, has broken down and cried her heart out, causing Jimin to hug her in reflect. She buried her face on his chest, and Jimin could care less about his shirt being soaked with her tears as he keep patting her back to soothe her. It took a while for Seulgi to calm down and told Jimin everything after she cried her heart out. After hearing what had been a burden to her all the time, Jimin decided to be her personal coach for the day.

The song is playing again and Jimin begin to teach her each of the step one by one. Seulgi followed after him, somehow still unsure of the choreo but she tried her best to copy his steps.

"After you move like this, your legs should open a little."

Seulgi opened her legs after she did the move, "Like this?" She stared at Jimin with her small round eyes and Jimin couldn't help but to giggle at her cuteness.

"Yeah like that." He proceed to stand next to her. "Watch me again and follow."

It was midnight when they finished practicing. Jimin and Seulgi walked out from the building together, and constantly looking out around them whether there would be fans around at this hour. 

"It's cold." Seulgi buried herself inside her black flannel and blew out her breath for a few times to keep herself warm.

"It is." Jimin agreed as he wrapped his red scarf around his neck. "It's snowing again tonight." He stared up at the sky as the white substances fell to the ground. 

The street were covered in blanket of snow as Jimin and Seulgi walked silently together. It's their first time after such a long time to be walking alone and be together like this. It's a once in a life oppurtunity, they thought. Their hearts were racing since they were walking near to each other and wondering if she or him can hear the loud pounding sound.

Jimin stole a glance at Seulgi, which is he can't see her clearly through the thick flannel hoodie, but still can see her face even just for a slight moment. Seulgi realized as if Jimin was looking at her and she turned her head towards him, resulting their eyes met in an awkward way, and quickly glancing away from each other as their cheeks formed a shade of pinkish tint.

"Aren't you worried about the fans?" Seulgi suddenly spoke. "What if they found us out walking out together like this?"

Jimin sigh, "I'm less worried about them though." He said. "I'm more worried about the paparazzi. I somehow had a feeling Dispatch is following us right now."

"Really?"

"Nah, just a feeling."

Jimin laughed as Seulgi slapped his flannel. "This isn't the time to joke around." She pouted. The fact that they are not in whatever status except for a close friend is making her anxious. What if a picture will be leaked tomorrow? Will it be like what happened to Kai and Krystal? Seulgi were concerned on her two friends relationship—even though their secret relationship were forced to be publicized, they were so professional on hiding it for like...3 years? Wow. If only she had the courage to confess to Jimin. 

It was the end of their route and a four junctions were ahead of them. Jimin grabbed her both shoulders and forced her to face him, causing Seulgi to jumped a little on her feet. Her eyes were staring at him and Jimin likes it as their height were almost the same, their eye level were comforting for him to look on her properly.

"Before going back, I have something to give you." Jimin said as he digs inside his jacket pocket. Seulgi watches what he was doing and curious on what's inside his hand when he took out something out from his pocket. "Close your eyes." His eye smile mesmerized her and Seulgi quickly snapped back to reality and ask, "Why?"

Jimin smiled again, "Just close it."

Seulgi did what he ask and she felt something weird on her head as if Jimin was brushing her bangs—or something—she don't have any idea what he did but it's definitely felt ticklish. And her hair feels weird somehow.

After a few moment, Jimin let out a soft satisfied sigh and said, "Open your eyes."

Seulgi opened her eyes and only greeted by Jimin's eye smile. "What just happened?" She reached her hand up to her head and accidentally touched something on hear head. She stared back at Jimin with her eyes full of question as Jimin rising his eyebrows then she took her phone out, looking at her reflection with full of surprise.

It's the butterfly hairpin she wanted from the flea market!

"Jimin-ah..." She looked at him, speechless.

"Do you like it?" She nodded right after and Jimin giggled as he pinched her nose bridge out of reflex. They paused for a few while, wondering what the hell just happened and Jimin broke the tension with a laughter. "Ah, sorry."

"It's okay," she said, "I like—I like this hairpin." She was a bit stuttering, afraid to make a word slip. "Thank you."

"I'm glad you like it." Seeing her smiling, how he wished he could hug her right now. The man needs inside him were urging him to hug her but Jimin need to restrain from doing those things. They are not even dating, what will she feels like if she was hugged by a guy who she don't even have a feeling for? Ah, Jimin was done for.

"I guess this is goodbye then—hng!" 

All of the sudden, Jimin pulled her into his embrace, Seulgi was surprised to death she don't know how to react.

Ah, Park Jimin has lost his mind. It's now or never right? When will this chance come again, he don't have any idea. He might steal this moment to make an unforgetable memories for him—for both of them. He can't think of anything right now; Dispatch will get their photos leaked and he will be scolded by Bang Sihyuk when he found out and the rest of the members will laugh at his face—hell like he care anymore.

"I like you." He whispered. His heart was beating so fast and he was so embarrassed he could die. "I always wanted to tell you I like you. Not as a fanboy of Red Velvet Seulgi, but as a person, as Kang Seulgi. I like you as a person, Seulgi. I really like you. I—"

"Stop saying that. You're making me embarrassed."

Jimin slowly pulled her off from his embrace and pushed her bangs aside, revealing the already blushing Seulgi hiding behind her hoodie. She stared up at him and look away in embarrasment.

"Hey, Seulgi." Jimin his lip, nervous and guilty at what he had done.

"It's your fault." Seulgi pouted. "How can you say 'I like you' at the same time like that! Are you trying to kill me?"

Jimin tilted his head, puzzled, and he smiled, "What do you mean?"

Seulgi covered her face with her both her hands and took a deep breath, "I like you too, idiot! Take the hint already!" Her face was as red as a tomato as she keep trying to hide it from Jimin. The boy were so full of mischieves he keep removing her hands from her face. "Yah! Stop touching me!"

"What is this? You like me too?"

"Stop asking!"

Jimin laughed at how embarrassed she was right now. He pulled her into his embrace again and place a light feathered kiss on her forehead. Seulgi is now filled with butterflies inside her stomach and wrapped her arm around Jimin's body. It was not too big nor too small for her, he was like a perfect match for her and she was like his last piece of puzzle — they fitted with each other.

As they walked hand in hand together along the street, the unknown future ahead of them were waiting, and they are ready to face whatever circumstances happened in the future, as long they are together.


 

Author's note:

YAY! They confessed and now they are officially a couple! But wait, THIS IS NOT THE END YET! ;D I'm going to make an epilogue on their after relationship and what will bangtan and rv feels about the new couple and how they will keep it secret from the public eyes and being affectionate backstage. (WUU SPOILER ALERT!)

off-topic: hey seulmin shippers! I saw so many harsh comments about our ship recently, what do you think about that matter? In your opinion, what should we do so bangtanvelvet will keep sailing? comment your opinion below~