Part 1 - Her Story

I Only See You

part 1 - HER STORY

{ I THINK OF YOU }


"Hey,"

Seulgi looked up from tying her shoelaces, only to meet her eyes with Wendy, who was looking at her as if she's going to say something important.

"What is it?" Seulgi back to her shoelaces and ignoring Wengazezes on her, "We got practice in an hour so let us settle it now."

Wendy took a seat next to her immediately as she take her cell phone out from her sweatshirt pocket. Seulgi was watching her through the corner of her eyes as her hands were busy tying up her shoelaces. Soon after, Wendy patted the latter's shoulder and showed what's on her phone screen. "Look at this." She said as shoved the cell phone to Seulgi's hand.

The curious girl scrolled on the screen but her finger stop scrolling suddenly at a certain point. Her eyes were fixed on something — and Wendy who was sitting next to her was ambigously smiling while Seulgi was somewhat in shock. Wendy took her cell phone back from Seulgi as she move closer to her. Observing from her reaction Seulgi probably will most likely to pass out by now.

"How—how did you?" Seulgi is lost of her choices of words after finding out what Wendy has been up to. "I didn't know about this?!"

"Shh!" Wendy hushed her group member from being so loud as she motioned her hand for Seulgi to move closer. Seulgi leaned her ear as closer as she could before Wendy whisper to her, "I've got link. From Taehyung."

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Seulgi almost let her voice out again and Wendy quickly hushed her up.

"I'm freaking serious," Wendy turned her attention back to her phone, "Taehyung and I have been friend for so long I can remember. He help to set me up with Hoseok and now we're a couple." Wendy face was glowing when she was bragging about her relationship and Seulgi can see how much this girl is in love. 

"Why don't you give it a try with Jimin?" The Canadian girl wiggled her eyebrows at Seulgi who was giving a troubled look at her. Wendy patted the latter's back softly, "Yah, cheer up, please? I hate seeing you being suddenly fragile like this."

Seulgi pushed her hair from her forehead as she pinched her temples, "Ah...I don't know. It feels weird if I confessed to him. I might end up embarrassing my self." She buried her face on the knee while making a dying whale sound, thinking how desperate she would look in front of Jimin.

Kang Seulgi had been crushing on Park Jimin ever since she saw his dance, and it was love at the first dance. It's funny how she instantly fall in love with the guy she just saw on tv dancing with his shirt ripped off from his body. BTS and Red Velvet are always attending music shows together and Seulgi is happy when she saw him—like, every freaking time.

The secret friendship between Red Velvet and BTS formed during their Ice Cream Cake era when three BTS members said that they wanted to be close with Red Velvet and when Jung Hoseok a.k.a J-Hope declared his love to Wendy and only to get the proper reply a year later via Kim Taehyung a.k.a V who have been social butterfly between both groups. Thus, forming an unpublic friendship between them and it remained until today.

Seulgi scrolled on the gallery on her phone, browsing the photos of Jimin she has taken secretly when she had a chance. She's too shy to ask for his picture what do you expect? Seulgi thought she was simply admiring his dance but she was wrong — she admired him as a person. And to make it not obvious is really hard for her. When BTS and Red Velvet were near to each other, she can help but to stole a glance at him. The fans were assuming they were dating because of that and no, they're not dating. Seulgi hope they did, but it's probably will be difficult for the fans to accept and also the most important: Red Velvet reputation.

"But Wendy and Hoseok are dating..." She pouted at the thought of the two had just secretly dating recently and only been in contact through their Kakao Talk chat. It's been a month now and Wendy is still in love with him. "Ahhh I want to date too!"

"What are you saying, unnie?" 

Seulgi fell off from the bed out of surprise when Joy entered the bedroom. She quickly ran towards the main dancer and help her up to the bed again as she bow her head to apologize.

"Sorry for startling you, unnie." Joy smiled apologitically and Seulgi patted her head. The older one was silent for a while as she was staring at the second maknae of the group and the thought hits her suddenly.

"Joy-ah," she paused. "What does it feels like when you confessed to Sungjae?"

Joy blinked in surprise and her face is starting to become red as a tomato. She covered her face with her hands and scream, "Why are you asking me that?! GOSH!!" She probably remembered her confession to Sungjae after their We Got Married show ended and also secretly dating now. In which, in Seulgi opinion, does not need to be in secretive mode since both of them have been nationally approved by all the fans if they come out in public.

"It feels like I'm out of my mind." Joy finally opening up her story after a few of persuasion from Seulgi. "I thought that I'm going crazy, you know. 'Since it's probably the last time that I will meet him I should probably confess right now' was what I thought and absentmindedly told him how I feel. It feels good because our feeling are mutual and we agreed on dating." Joy was staring down on her finger and caressed the ring Sungjae bought for her. She looked up from looking down on her finger with a gummy smile of her to Seulgi as the older one stare.

"Unnie, love really can make a big difference. Trust me." She said as she pulled her into her arm, giving an assuring hug before a phone ringtone interrupted them. Seulgi took her phone from the drawer and her eyes widened at the caller ID on her screen.

Park Jimin.

Seulgi took a deep breath, bracing herself before pressing the green button on her phone screen. There was a cold silence before a familiar sweet voice coming from the other line.

"Hello?" The voice spoke. "Seulgi. It's me, Jimin."

She clutched tightly on her sweater. It took her a while to answer him and it overwhelms her if her voice sounds weird to him.

"Oh, Jimin!" She tried to sound cheerful to him. "What brings you to call me at this hour?"

Jimin fell silent for a brief moment before he let out small laughter, "Nothing. I just wanted to hear your voice."

Thump. What was that sound inside her heart? No, it can't be that right? Jimin didn't meant it that way, Seulgi thought inside. He probably wanted to talk to her out of boredom after practice. She almost fell for his words —ah, it's too good to be true for Jimin to like her back. 

"What nonsense," She mumbled under her breath, chuckling at his words, "I know you wanted to tell me something so please say it."

The guy burst to laughter at the other line, "Okay, okay." He clears his throat as Seulgi waited for him to speak, "I just wanted to tell you about the stage collab for gayo daejun—I'll be participating too." 

"Really?" Seulgi's voice rise up in exitement and she can no longer hide the happiness in her voice. "In what team? I'm in the street dance team." She really hoped for him to be in the same team with her but she was afraid to hear the next thing Jimin would say.

There's a sound of sigh could be heard, and Seulgi realized it's probably what she was thinking of.

"The modern dance team." Jimin said, a hint of disappointment could be heard from his voice. "I wish I was in the same team as you—I meant, I want to do hip hop too but they assigned me for the modern dance so I can't do anything about it." He laughed rather unwillingly. "Yugyeom and Jinyoung are in your team right?"

"Yeah," Seulgi tried not to sound like she was sad to him "They told me they were excited for the practice tomorrow. Are you going to come too?"

Jimin hummed as if saying yes to her and when he was about to say something, a faint of voice calling for him can be heard through the line."Yes, hyung!" He let out a sigh, "Sorry, they called me for practice again. I'll call you later."

"Oh, hm." Seulgi pursed her lips as she hold the blanket on her grip tightly, "See you tomorrow."

Jimin laughed, don't know why, he just laughed at her unfunny goodbye and the phone call ended after saying good night to her. Seulgi threw herself on the bed, sighing loudly as she thought about tomorrow's practice. A smile came across her face when she thought of her and Jimin are going to perform for the opening of gayo daejun in a month. Even if they were not in the same team but the standing with him together on the same stage thrilled her.


Author's note:

This is the first part of their story revealing Seulgi's feeling towards Jimin from the third person pov. I was going to make it as a first person pov but I'm bad at it so it comes to this ^^". The second part will be on Jimin's third person pov.  What do you think of the first chapter? Leave your thoughts in the comment below :D