Max Year~

5 Days Holiday

You looked at your reflection on the mirror one last time.

The black off shoulder dress you were wearing hung perfectly on your body and ended just above your knees. You turn a bit and flipped your soft curls behind you then moved them front again. You look at your feet wrapped up in silver gladiator heels.

You let out a sigh.

"This is as good as it's gonna get." you told your reflection.

You hear a laugh from the door and see Changmin looking at you amused.

"What?" you pouted.

He shook his head, "You're insulting the female population. Hurry up, we're gonna be late." then walked to the front door.

"What do you mean by that?!" you yell as you follow him out your apartment.

He didn't even answer you as the two of you entered the elevator.

You were his date in SM Ent's New Year party. Seeing all those idols made you feel uncomfortable. They were all very good-looking, glowing even but you- you were just normal. Just an average girl.

Changmin goes around greeting his sunbaes, hoobaes, hyungs and noonas. You were talking to the other staff members present at the party but your heart wasn't in the conversation.

What did he mean by his statement earlier? Did he mean that I'm so unattractive as a female, I should've been a man instead? How could he say such a vague statement??? Stupid Changmin. was running through your head.

"May I borrow my girlfriend for a while?" the familiar voice woke you from your daze.

The staff members nodded and smiled at the both of you as he took you to the veranda where the other people were gathering.

"2 MINUTES TO NEW YEAR!" Yunho happily announced.

Changmin brought you to a rather secluded part of the veranda.

"What? You're ashamed of me so we're hiding behind the door now?" you bitterly spoke.

He raised an eyebrow at you, "what are you talking about?"

"You said I was insulting the female population..."

He suddenly released a teasing laugh.

"Yah don't laugh. Stupid" you push him.

He grabs your arms and makes you face him.

"I said that coz you underestimate your beauty. You're breathtaking. You make other women look unattractive when you stand beside them." he whispered. "crazy."

"10! 9!" people began to chant.

You felt your face heat up, "stupid."

He lowered his gaze to match yours, "I love you"

You felt his lips cover yours as the people yelled "ONE! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!"

The fireworks, the wows and ooohs of the people was a great background sound to the bliss spreading all over you with Changmin's sudden show of affection.

His lips left yours, you open your eyes to his staring lovingly at you.

He was about to lean in for another kiss when-

"yaaaah~ so that's where you disappeared to tsk tsk tsk" 

Kyuhyun and Minho were staring at the both of you, teasing grins on their faces.

"AISH!" Changmin exclaimed as he raised a hand at the two, who quickly ran.

You laughed as you watch your boyfriend go after his mischievous friends.