1. A Problematic Mangaka

When I Meet You

" Jeon Wonwoo, you deadline is next week and you only finished 5 pages??! Are you crazy? " yelled a man who is proabaly in early 30's to a man who just pretending nothing happen. He just sit there while munching his favorite snack sometimes glacing at his phone. The man who yelled at him just sighing. 

" You know what? I quit! I'll asked someone else to be your editor. YOU SICK! I AM FREAKING TIRED TO BEG TO HIGHER UP JUST TO EXTEND YOUR DEADLINES! I HOPE YOUR NEW EDITOR CAN DISCIPLINED YOU! THANK YOU AND I HOPE WE WILL NEVER MEET AGAIN, " then he slam the door and left the man angrily. 

The man, Jeon Wonwoo grabed his hair frustratedly. He lost another editor. It's not his fault when he can't finished his manga.

Maybe it's confusing for all of you to understand about this. Okay let me introduce the main character. Name, Jeon Wonwoo, 21 years old. Full time mangaka with pen name Jeon Woonie to hide his identity and gender. He already published 6 mangas - 3 one-shots and 3 series manga. He is considered as one of the most successful rookie mangaka. At the age of 19 years old, he already sold 100,000 copies of his manga. He is known for his romantic and refreshing plot. His manga is easy to understand and has a light content which make it readable to all types of people despite it is a shojo manga. And he is dubbed as 'heroine of manga world' because he break the streotype of shojo manga. And the fact he is a man remain hidden make him dubbed as a heroine. 

That's pretty impressive. But his biggest problem is, he love his characters A LOT. His debut manga is a one-shot tittled Love is not Hard. The plot is about a love between the deaf and the blind. Sound crazy yet it is being recognize by the world. The way he draw and express the the impossible love between the two of them touched the readers. Maybe it is really his love for the character or maybe he just feel insecure, all his manga has these two as the characters. At first, people like his idea by putting these two - because the one-shot is not enough to satisfy the readers. Then he continued to put them in his every manga. Sometimes the character doesn't fit the story at all. That makes people started to gradually stop read his manga. Despite the decrease in number of readers, he still manage to publish 6 mangas. All thanks to his editorial company. They believe one day he will draw something more impressive than his debut manga. But judging from the lines of different editors, his career might be over.

Wonwoo walked towards his bookshelf. Taking the latest MANSAE! magazine and read throughly each pages until he stopped at certain page. It is his manga. He treasured his manga a lot. He just can't get over his loved toward his characters. He himself didn't know the real reason why he is so attached to these two characters. His hand will automatically draw them. He then closed the magazine and went to his desk and switch on his laptop.

 

He tried to draw based on his storyboard that already been approved by his  editor - ex-editor to be exact, but he can't. He just can't follow the storyboard that he draw himself. He need an inspiration. But how? He draw a shojo manga and draw about romance and such but he doesn't have a single experiance about love. He just a nerd who loves book and have a huge passion on drawing. He always thought love is so troblesome and that's why he always rejected every confession that he received. And now he regreted it. 

And slowly he closed his eyes and went to a dreamland...

 

---------

 

Now we go to our second main character. A tall, muscular , tan and of course a handsome young man name Kim Mingyu. He is the definition of perfect man - maybe I exaggerate a bit,but who cares. He is a first year business student at Pledis University. He is only a freshmen, but he already gain a huge popularity, thanks to his look and his easy-going personality. He is not arrogant like other famous student, he is also easy to approach making him being selected as a Student Council President candidate despite being a first year. Of couse he didn't make it. But the point is, he is so popular. 

"Senpai," call Mingyu loudly to a certain man at the cafe making everyone looking at him. I forgot to mention that Mingyu is also shameless. He keep smiling even though every eyes in the cafe is on him. The senior that he called senpai just lowered his  head. Too embarrassed to admit that he know Mingyu. The senior who sit beside the senpai just laughed at Mingyu's behaviour.

"Senpai, why didn't you answer my call last night?" Mingyu asked while pouting.

"Sit down will you, Titan! And stop call me senpai! We live in Korea, for God sake, Kim Mingyu!" Mingyu just grin after being scolded by his senior or Choi Seungcheol.

"But, I also call  Jeonghan-senpai, senpai and he is okay with it." Mingyu  protested, trying to ask Yoon Jeonghan, his other senior, to help him. 

"Mingyu-ya, this time I've to agree with Seongcheol. You have to stop call us Senpai. Is it hard to call us sunbae? If you don't want to call us sunbae, hyung is fine. And don't try to call us nii-san or any Japanese words anymore." Mingyu pouted. He want to continue whining before Seongcheol raise his hand asked him to stop and say,

"Did you know how embarrass we are everytime you called us senpai? People stared at us like we are a freak!!" Jeonghan pat Seoncheol's back, tried to calm him. 

"But sen-hyung, you know that I love everything about Japan! From their culture to the anime and manga. Then...." And Mingyu continued to talk about his obsession about Japan while Seongcheol and Jeonghan giving him a judging look. 

After talking all nonsense thing - acording to Seongcheol- about 30 minutes, Mingyu just realize that he did not get response that he want from thoso two. They just playing and smiling at each other. Mingyu who want to scold them at the beginning, started to take out his handphone and capture their moments. Both of them didn;t realize that they has been the object of Mingyu's crazy fantasies. Oh, did I forgot to mention that Mingyu is actually a fudanshi. And he ship these two seniors. Thats the main reason he get close to them. He want to capture all their romantic moment- according to Mingyu- closely and don't want to miss a single moment. He is 100 percent sure that the two of them had a thing with each other. They just too ignorant to realize it. 

________________________________________________________ TBC________________________________________

Author's note:

Sorry for the short chapter. I'll try my best to update quicker and longer. Mingyu's character is not really shown here. And maybe you guys might find similarity to anime Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun, Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu and Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi. I am an otaku so bear with me if there is so many manga and anime references. 

This is a simple vocab for the Japanaese words ( bet people already knew it):
Manga - a Japanese comic

Shojo manga - shojo means girls,teen. So shojo manga means a comics mainly  for young girls that consist romance content (mainly)

Senpai - senior

Nii-san - older brother

anime - Japanese animation

fudanshi - Men who, like fujoshi, enjoy imagining relationships between male character (BL)

These might be incorrect, but I hope it will helps. And finally, sorry for typos, grammar mistakes and any of the contents that might make you uncomfortable. 

And please leave your comments <3