Chapter 2

Just Run with Me

Jungkook found traveling with Mina a very unusual experience. He has been traveling with her for two days now and he has laughed more then than ever in his life. The only real problem was that he knew nothing about her and she wasn't in any way interested in telling him about herself. 

"Jungkook look!" she said excitedly and she pointed to a man selling ice-cream, she grabbed his hand, "Please can we get one?", she pouted at him and Jungkook only smiled at her, he intertwined their fingers and led her to the man. Jungkook found it difficult to say no to her, she was too cute.

 "Where are you from Mina?" he asked when they had gotten their ice-cream and sat down on a bench. He had asked her this question before but she gave him another cryptic reply, "China." Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Hangzhou, where the tea farms are. My grandparents own one, they raised me from the time I was eight till last year. My parents were working in Japan and they hardly had the time to raise me and care for me but now that I'm eighteen they thought it would be best that I lived with them. So we moved to Seoul." She then continued to eat her ice-cream and Jungkook had once again been left with more questions than answers. 

Hoseok was becoming worried. Taehyung hadn't spoken to him in two days, for two days he hadn't heard his friend's voice or found out how he was doing. His parents said that Taehyung was mad at him. He was mad at the three of them. He didn't like that they used his siblings to blackmail him into seeing a psychiatrist.

Hoseok however, wasn't buying that and went to Taehyung's house. He hadn't left Daegu, Hoseok was staying in a motel and he was going to remain in Daegu as long as V was. He went to the house and stormed into V's room. V was on his bed, he had headphones on and was busy playing a game on his phone.

The music wasn't that loud and he noticed Hoseok enter his room. He took off his headphones and looked away from Hoseok. "Why are you avoiding me?" V said nothing and continued to stare ahead rather than look at him. "Taehyung!" V stood up, "Leave hyung." his voice was hard, there was no emotion and it stung Hoseok more than he would care to admit.

"No." he walked closer to V who was now looking at the floor, he placed his hands on V's shoulders and tried to make eye contact with him but V wasn't having it and tried to shake off Hoseok's hands. He just tightened his grip, "Why won't you look at me?" V looked into Hoseok's eyes.

V's eyes were cold and dead and it sent shivers down Hoseok's back, "Leave hyung." V all but spat as he spoke and Hoseok was terrified, "What's happened to you?" he asked, V shook his head and pushed off Hoseok's hands with new found strength. "I don't need you anymore hyung, you need to leave." 

Yoongi was exhausted but he wasn't going to stop. "Yoongi?", his hands froze on the sound board and he looked up to see Yuri. Her face was filled with worry and she walked towards him and wrapped him in her arms. Yoongi breathed in her scent, he loved her warm, sweet scent. "You need to rest Yoongi, you can finish these tomorrow." He pulled away from her slightly.

"I'm almost done, do you want to hear it?" Yuri nodded

  Like those dead leaves there that have fallen and are flying

My love is collapsing without strength

 Your heart is only going further away,

I can't grab you I can't grab you any more more more 

I can't hold on more, yeah  

"I'm guessing all his songs are like that right now?" she asked with a sheepish smile, Yoongi shook his head with a thoughtful expression, "Actually though, recently he sent something different." Yoongi then changed the track and Yuri listened eagerly and attentively. 

 Don't think of anything

Don't say anything, not even a word

Just give me a smile

I still can't believe it

All of this seems like a dream

 Don't try to disappear

Yuri looked at Yoongi confused, "What does that mean?", Yoongi smiled at her cutely and pecked her lips, "It means he's healing and he wants us to know."

Jungkook and Mina sat down on the small wooden fence made from logs and looked out to the harbor. The sun was setting, it was beautiful and peaceful. Jungkook looked at Mina, she was very pretty but so frail. She looked like someone who would break if he held her too long. She was delicate and fragile like a Russian doll. 

"Mina?" she turned her eyes on him, the setting sun was reflecting on her skin making her glow with a warm golden light, "Why were you at the train station?" a haunted look spread across her face and Jungkook swore it got colder, the light left her eyes and she went pale. "You don't have to tell me." he said quickly, feeling scared at the sudden change in her.

He turned back to face the sunset, he didn't hear or feel her move and after a few seconds she spoke, "My parents don't care about me, I was running away." Jungkook's eyes widened, her voice was pouty and small like a child. He turned to look at her, "Are you insane?"the question angered her and she stood up. She began to walk away from him, "Mina, where are you going!?" he shouted after her.

Jungkook stood up and looked at her, she stopped before turning around. She was angry and Jungkook wanted to take back his statement of her being pretty because right now she was the most exquisite creature he had ever seen. "Why are you traveling South Korea with a stranger?" she started to walk towards him and Jungkook felt intimidated.

She was right in front of him, looking into his eyes and still beautifully angry, "Why did you ask me to travel with you?" Jungkook wish he could give her a proper answer but all he could do was shrug, "I don't know, it was impulsive." She shook her head, "You don't seem like someone who acts impulsively." Jungkook didn't know what to tell her, he didn't want to speak about Yoongi or Yuri but it's been a month.

For a month he has been avoiding the issue, he needs to talk about it, he needs to let it all out. He took her hand and led her back to the fence and sat down with her. He let her hand go and never looked at her once. He looked at the now darkening horizon and spoke, "My girlfriend of three years cheated on me with one of my best friends, someone I looked up to, loved and respected, my hyung.

"I couldn't handle it, so after beating the crap out of him and dumping my girlfriend I left. That was a month ago." "You haven't spoken to them since?" Jungkook swallowed and shook his head, "No." then he felt soft punches being landed on him and looked at Mina in surprise, "How can you just run away from your problems like a coward?" His eyes widened in shock, "Really? You can say that to me?"

She stopped and turned her angry eyes onto his, "I'm facing one of my problems, my parents I'm saving for later." He looked at her confused and opened his mouth but she raised a hand to shush him, "No more, come on we're going to miss our train to Ilsan." She stood up and grabbed his hand bringing him up as well.

She wasn't very strong, in fact she was unusually weak and he noticed how fatigued their excited conversation was for her. He let her 'drag' him to the station, he noticed her faint breathing, her slight limp and how she eventually let go of his hand to hold her elbow and flex. It never occurred to him to notice small things like this about her at first. It only struck him when they were on the train.

They sat opposite each other and Jungkook notice her take medication and a bottle of water out of her bag, "I have a headache and the others are my vitamins." the excuse was plausible and who was he to judge but there was something unnerving about having a girl two years younger than you take four different types of tablets and neither of them looking like headache tablets or vitamins.