|| Six ||

The Moon and Her Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So maybe looking after a dog wasn't so bad, or maybe it was because the dog we were looking after was really cute.

And because of Pookie, Lu Han and I had been spending a lot of time together for the last few days. He didn't seem annoying anymore compared to that time when I didn't know he was a Lunar Sages fan.

He was actually nice to be with, well, for most of the time anyway. The exceptions would be the times when we are within the premises of their house. He would be too unpredictable then.

As agreed, Lu Han and I had alternated on looking after Pookie. To be more precise, Lu Han's sister, who was homeschooled for some reason, looked after Pookie in the day, and Lu Han and I took turns looking after him in the evening. The routine would involve me dropping by Lu Han's house when it was my turn to pick up Pookie and his things, and Lu Han would always won't let me go inside.

I thought his reason was legit at first. But then as the days went by, they got more and more ridiculous. I mean I didn't really want to go inside anyway, but he had set up the expectation when he insisted for me to go in on Sunday.

On Monday, when I followed him past their gate, he stopped me with his hand and made me go back out the gate. "Living room's really messy. You don't wanna see it," was what he said, so I shrugged and waited for him to get Pookie.

And then on Tuesday, it was, "Pookie pooped just about everywhere. You don't wanna go inside."

"Really? Maybe I can help you clean it up," I said, but Lu Han shook his head so I leaned outside their gate and waited.

And then yesterday, it was, "I spilled a whole gallon of water on the sofa so there's really nowhere for you to sit."

"On all three?" I asked. He could just tell me that he didn't want me inside their house instead of making up all these excuses.

"It was a really big gallon of water."

I didn't argue anymore.

Now as we were riding the bus to their neighborhood, I was wondering what kind of excuse he would make today. Like he had done the past few days, he called his sister while we were on the bus and asked her the same unusual question, "Is it safe?"

Like seriously, what was safe? Or who? Pookie?

"I see, thanks," he said dejectedly and hang up the phone.

Since Lu Han didn't offer any information about his conversation with his sister, I didn't ask and just looked around the bus. I immediately focused on the two students in front of us who were whispering like crazy. I caught a few words such as robbery, girls and ID.

I raised an eyebrow and then glanced at Lu Han to see if he was listening, too. He was frowning at the girls.

"Excuse me," Lu Han suddenly interrupted the two girls and they turned to him curiously. "Sorry for eavesdropping but where did you say that robbery took place?"

The girls were only too happy to tell him. "On Sirius district. But we heard that before that, he was in another neighborhood."

The other girl nodded. "It seems like he only goes for pretty girls and takes their IDs because he's a ert."

I raised my eyebrow at that. Sounds more like a crazy rumor than the truth.

The bus stopped and the girls stood up. One of them got off immediately while the other one looked at me and turned to Lu Han. "Look after your girlfriend. She could be a target." And then she was gone.

Lu Han's eyes widened. "G- girlfriend? Who was she-" When he looked at me, he turned quiet and his ears visibly turned red. "Oh, you."

I couldn't decide whether to laugh because they thought I was pretty or because they thought I was Lu Han's girlfriend. Did we look that way to other people? Now that I thought about it, I did say we spent a lot of time together these days.

When we reached their neighborhood, Lu Han's eyes kept darting left and right.

"You don't really believe those girls, do you?" I asked as we neared their house.

"It won't hurt to be careful. Come on."

A light bulb dinged on my head and I jumped on the chance to . "So, are you going to make me wait outside your house again in this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter