the trap

The Trap Series

 

 

the trap
In his three years of being a firefighter, he has responded to numerous situations. He’s had his fair share of crazy things but this, by far, takes the cake.


okay so before anything else, you have to take a look at this photo where this whole thing is inspired from. it would be so much better if you check it out because honestly i at explaining and i did a pretty ty job of doing that here so the picture is highly necessary for you to visualise the whole scene better





In his three years of being a firefighter, he has responded to numerous situations; from the usual burning buildings and establishments to accidents, attending to injured people caused by fights, and even cats stuck in a tree. He’s had his fair share of crazy things but this, by far, takes the cake. Not because of how serious the situation is, but because it actually happened.

The trip to Namdaemun Market Bus Stop was rather silent, though that was mainly because he was trying to rack his brains for ways to solve the problem. It wasn’t life threatening, the emergency caller said, but it would be very much appreciated if they got there really fast because his son was close to hyperventilating and if that happened, he himself would hyperventilate from not knowing how to deal with it.

“What do you think happened?” Kangin, his fellow firefighter and driver of the truck, asked, glancing at him.

He shrugged. “Could be anything. He’s a kid. He probably thought it would be a nice idea to stick his head in between the gap of a waiting shed. I’ve seen a few reports on the news. Kids getting their body parts stuck in things.” Kangin hummed, and then focused back on the road.

They had approcimately five minutes before they arrived at the scene, and frankly, Yunho didn’t know what to expect. Definitely not a grown man almost throwing himself at him before getting dragged towards the little kid who looked about seven years old, face stained with dry and fresh tears.

“Mister!” he screamed in joy, flailing his arms. “Please get me out of here!”

Yunho flashed him a soft smile and ruffled his hair. “Let my friends attend to you while I talk to your father here, hmm? Their names are Kangin and Donghae, and they are very nice men.” When he got a nod in response, he turned around to face the father. “So,” he cleared his throat. “This is the first time we’ve seen something like this Mr…”

“Kim.” The raven-haired man answered, smiling a little. “Kim Jaejoong. I would have laughed at the situation if he didn’t start—” He was interruped when Yunho failed to suppress his laughter.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry this is inappropriate but—”

“It’s totally fine. Like I said, I would have laughed if he didn’t start crying. And I didn’t want to scare him off and panic and forcibly pull his head out until it falls off his body.”

“Ah, Mr. Kim you have such a wild imagination.” The firefighter regained his composure and smiled a kind smile once more. “Well then, we’ll make sure to get your son’s head back in no time. Please excuse me.” He gave Jaejoong a bow before turning on his heels to walk towards his mates, all the while mentally groaning because “Kim Jaejoong is hella fine.”

The little kid seemed to be fine in his friends’ hands. He has visibly calmed down and animatedly chatting - as much as his hands would let him - with them like nothing was wrong.

“Hello little one, what’s your name?” he asked, squatting down to the kid’s level.

“I’m Junsu, mister. What’s your name?”

“My name is Yunho. So, what got you in there, buddy?”

Junsu pulled a face, then scrunched his nose as he replied in a huff. “That brat, Changmin.” Yunho followed where Junsu’s gaze landed. Not far from them, Jaejoong was scolding a boy quite smaller than Junsu. “He’s my cousin. He told me Uncle Yoochun would buy me that huge Iron Man statue if I made my head fit here.”

If anything, the sulking boy was unbearably cute. With a chuckle, Yunho replied. “I guess you’re getting that statue then.”

That seemed to lift Junsu’s spirits up. “I am?”

Yunho nodded, and reached out to put his hands around Junsu’s head while Kangin and Donghae carefully cut the top part of the steel with a rescue blade. He caressed the child’s cheeks and talked to him as a distraction that he wouldn’t notice what was going on around him. “Of course. Didn’t Changmin say your uncle would buy you the statue if your head fit in here. It did, didn’t it? There was no rule about getting it back out.”

“Way to go, mister.” His side was nudged by Jaejoong’s knee. He looked up and grinned. “Now my brother’s going to give me an earful for that ridiculously expensive thing.”

“But it made your son happy, didn’t it?” he argued. He had a point, and he was ready to justify it until Jaejoong agreed. Junsu might have been a little too gullible to believe such thing, but there was no need for Changmin to put him in that situation.

A sigh escaped Jaejoong’s lips. “Which is why I have no other choice but to endure late night lectures.” Yunho nodded and a smile between the two were exchanged.

It wasn’t long enough until Junsu was freed from the trap. As a way of showing his gratitude, Jaejoong offered to treat the three firefighters for lunch, which they sadly and politely declined because they were still on duty.

“After duty, then?” Jaejoong bargained, eyes looking really hopeful. Yunho felt bad and so did the other two. “I’m sure Junsu would love to eat with his saviours.”

“We would love to, Mr. Kim.” Donghae said. “But unfortunately, I try to religiously eat dinner with my family as it’s the only time I can bond with them.”

Jaejoong’s shoulders sagged a little, and Kangin hated to dampen his mood a little more. “I actually have a date tonight, Mr. Kim. But I’m pretty sure our Yunho right here isn’t going to be busy.” he stated, grabbing Yunho by the shoulder and wrapping an arm around it. “On his behalf, I am agreeing to the dinner date— dinner! Just dinner. Normal and innocent dinner. With kids. Yes, dinner.”

Yunho decided to shut him up with a nudge on his stomach. Kangin groaned.

“What a weird man.” All the attention were turned to Changmin who had his arms akimbo, judging them with his glaring eyes.

Jaejoong laughed albeit forced, and covered Changmin’s mouth with a hand. “Don’t mind this brat. So it’s all set then? When does your shift end?”

“Around six.” replied Donghae.

“Hmm. Alright then, we’ll see you, Yunho, at around eight. At Nyamcha, the dimsum place. It’s our favourite. You know where that is, right?” Jaejoong went on, not noticing how Yunho stiffened. “Great! We shall get going now. See you!”

Only when Jaejoong and the two kids were out of earshot did Donghae shake him back to reality. “Yah! You could have suggested a different place. You couldn’t possibly go on a potential first date with kids on the side at the restaurant your ex owns!”

Donghae’s words processed quickly in his brain, and he was only able to let out a squeaky, “!”





 

x




hello, it's been a while! i know, i know, what happened wasn't even too crazy like you all probably expected but hey, it's not everyday it happens to someone. idk this seems rushed, it probably is towards the end. but i'm gonna try to make it up to you with a few more installments if you actually enjoyed this. thanks for reading :)