Chapter 2 : High School Memories Ver 2

Doyeonjung

Kanghan High School 

YEUNJUNG POV

Doyeon said she have something important thing to tell me during lunch hour. I wonder why can't she just tell me during our way to school this morning. I don't know why but I think she planned something secretly behind me. 

~~~

10 minutes more before lunch hour. Honestly, I can't focus on anything because I keep thinking about the thing she wants to tell me. It is so unusual of her to do thing like this because we don't keep secret to each other. 

I can hear the bell is ringing outside the class, I quickly make my way to our usual spot. I decided to use another way so that we will not meet on our way there. 

Suddenly, I can hear someone called out my name. I thought it was Doyeon but it was definitely a male voice. 

'Yeunjung, wait a moment. I have something important to tell you.' I think I know that voice, it's our High School President, Seungwoo. 

As I turned my face to him, all the students there make a circle surrounding me and him. I don't know what kind of event is this but I'm quite nervous. 

'Yeunjung'. He said my name again. 

'I know this is kinda awkward but I really need to do this right now and what I'm gonna said after this is a really serious matter to me.'

'Yeunjung-si, I love you since our first meeting at this school and I want you to be mine forever. Will you be my girlfriend? ' He asked me sincerely while kneeling in front of me. 

Wait. I need Doyeon right now. How should I response. This is so sudden. I thought he likes another girl. If I say no he must be very embarrassed. But if I say yes it doesn't mean I love him. Should I just run from there?

Come on Yeunjung, everyone is staring at you right now. Just say something and get out from there. 

'Yes, I will.' I quickly grab the bouquet and run from there. I can hear everyone clapping their hands and cheering our name. I don't dare to look behind. 

Wait! I almost forget that I need to meet Doyeon. I quickly run to our usual spot. Hopefully, I'm not late. 

'Doyeon.. Doyeon'. Are you there? Sorry, I'm late.' I look around but I'm sure I can't see Doyeon figure there. Does she forget about this meeting? Maybe I should wait for awhile here. 

This is weird. She does not show up at all. I doubt she forget about it. Is there something happened to her? Should I go to her classroom? 

'Somi.. Somi. Did you see Doyeon? She said she wants to see me during lunch hour but she doesn't show up at all. Anything happened to her?' 

'Wait! She doesn't see you. I guess she's not ready yet to tell you about her feeling toward you.' 

Wait. Did Somi just told me that Doyeon want to confess about her love towards me? 

'Are you sure, Somi?

'Yes. Why should I lie to you.'

'Okay.Thanks for that information.'

~~~

School Gate

'Doyeon.. Doyeon.. ' I called her. 

Hmm.. She doesn't look back. Is she mad at me? Ahh.. I forgot about the proposal thing. I need to explain to her about that matter. She needs to know I'm not accepting Seungwoo proposal because I love him. 

I quickly run to her and grab her hand. I don't know what kind of drama we are making now in the middle of road but I need her to confirm something. Yes. That confession thing. 

'Doyeon. Why didn't you showed up during lunch hour? Anything happened?' she just stand there without said anything. 

'Can you at least look at my face and said something.' I can bare to see her standing there without saying anything. 

She finally raise her head to face me but I know she's not looking at me. 

'I'm sorry Yeunjung, I need to meet Madam Kahi. She have something important to discuss with me. ' 

I know she lied to me. That's not the answer I want to hear from her but I don't want to question her back. 

I guess if she doesn't want to talk about it maybe I should be the one who tell her what really happened to me today during lunch hour. I guess she need to know the truth. 

'By the way me and.. ' before I have the chance to finish my sentence she stop me and said she already know about that. She slowly release my hand from her wrist and walk away. 

I guess she mad at me for accepting Seungwoo' s proposal but deep in my heart I want her to know that I'm not accepting him because I love him. It's okay Doyeon, I will wait till the day you ready to confess your love to me. To be honest, you are the only person I want to be together forever not Seungwoo. 

 P/s: Sorry again for any grammatical errors. I hope all of you understand my story. Tq for subscribing. Free to comment if you need to ask something or correct me. 😊 ❤