Chapter 1: High School Memories

Doyeonjung

Kanghan High School 

DOYEON POV

Should I confess or not? Argghhh.. This is so complicated. Yaa.. Kim Doyeon, muster up your courage and confess to her today or you will never be able to do it again. Fighting Kim Doyeon. 

~~~

Today is the last day of my high school life and today is also the day I decided to confess my love to my own best friend, Yu Yeunjung. I know this might sound crazy but I can't wait anymore because I want to know whether I am the only one who feel it or she also have the same feeling as I am.

I already told her that I'm gonna meet her at our usual spot during lunch hour. I hope she doesn't suspect anything. Do her? I'm just prepared one letter which I decided to give her after I successfully doing my mission. 😉

~~~

Lunch Hour

This is so unreal but I'm quite nervous to see my own best friend. Luckily she's not in the same class with me otherwise she will notice my nervousness right away. 

Somi who sit beside me just pat my back and wish me good luck. I guess she also knows that I look very nervous right now. I took the letter I prepared to her under my table and quickly make my way to our meeting place. 

Actually, I never imagined if someone else will also confessing to her today because if it really happened, I think I definitely know that I will never be able to cross this friendship line again. 

'Doyeon... Doyeon.. ' I think someone called me. I look behind and see small petite figure come running toward me. 

'Yoojung-ah, what happened?' Is there any important things you want to say? I asked her calmly. 

'Doyeon, I think you should see this'. She quickly grabs my hand and bring me to the end of the hallway. 

Why there are so many people here. Is there any accident happened? Oh wait, I know that person. Is that Seungwoo? Our kind-hearted School President. Why he kneel like that and who's that girl? 

God, please tell me that girl is not Yu Yeunjung that I know. I make my way to the opposite site to see that girl's face and I realized that girl is definitely Yu Yeunjung, my best friend. I know this is not what I imagined but I just stare at them blankly with no reaction at all. Shouldn't I be mad or jealous ? 

The thing I realized after that is everyone cheering and congratulating them. So, they are couple now. Officially. I guess this is a sign that I should leave the place right away before my tears spill out uncontrollably. 

~~~

At School Gate

'Yaa.. Kim Doyeon!!' the familiar voice calling me angrily. I just walk away without have any intention to look back. 

She grab  my hand and stop me there in the middle of road. I don't  know why but I don't have any mood to talk to her. Is not that I'm mad to her because it is not her fault at all. 

'You said you want to meet me during lunch hour but why didn't you show up? Mind to explain. I wait for you until the lunch hour end. You have any problems? Can you look up and talk to me. I'm here in front of you.' she sounds concerned. 

I look up but not dare to see her eyes because I know my tears might spill out again. 

'I'm really sorry for not showing up. Something happened. I need to see Madam Kahi.' I lied to her. That's the best excuse  I can give to her at this moment. 

She doesn't look happy with my answer but she doesn't question back. 

'Ohh.. Okay. But shouldn't you tell me why you need to see Madam Kahi. You didn't do anything wrong right? By the way I guess you already know that I and.. ' I stop her from continue her words and nodded quickly. 

'I really should going now. Sorry for making you waiting for me during lunch hour.' With that I released her hand from my wrist and continue my walk. 

I don't know what kind of expression she have in her face right now. She might be really confused why I'm suddenly acted like that towards her. 

I'm sorry Yu Yeunjung for not able to tell the truth. 

~~~

P/s: Sorry for any grammatical errors. English is not my mother language. I will try my best to convey the story. Hope you enjoy reading this chapter. I will updating next chapter asap. 😊