Chapter 4 : The View

Doyeonjung

Wonju, South Korea

Yeunjung POV

In this city where I lived, there is one small theme park known as Chibi Theme Park which is famous among children to play with their friends. During my childhood day, me and Doyeon always came here and saw the view of sunset from the top of the ferris wheel at the theme park. Both of us were very stubborn at that time because we always begged the staff at the theme park to allow us to ride the ferris wheel again and again. However, after 10 years have passed, me and Doyeon become part away and were rarely spend our time together.

Cosmic High School

I can see Doyeon and her two other friends are walking together toward my direction but as we passed each other there are no words coming from both of us. I wonder why can't we be close like we used to be during our childhood day. We are so awkward with each other since entering our middle school.

"Doyeon, Is it that Yeunjung? Your childhood friend? Why don't you greet her? Are both of you not in the good term?"

"Hmmm..That's during our childhood days. We are not that close now."

"Oh..Really? Okay."

I can clearly hear their conversation after passing through me. It's been along time I actually don't talk with Doyeon. We are both far away from each other. 

Yeunjung Home

"Mom, what is it?" 

"Oh..I forget to tell you. You know Chibi Theme Park right? They said that theme park will be closed forever this end of month. You always go there with Doyeon during your childhood days if I'm not mistaken." 

"Wait!!! If the theme park will be closed this end of month so tomorrow is the last day right?" 

Should I tell Doyeon about that? Honestly I want to invite her to go there for the last time but what if she rejects me. Maybe I should just  tell her about it and this is will be my chance also to talk with her after a long time.

Doyeon Home

Knock...Knock..Knock...

I patiently waiting for Doyeon to open the door but deep in my heart I terribly nervous. If it is not about our childhood memory, I will never dare to come and stand here right in front of her house.

"Hi Doyeon!!" I quicly greeted her when she opened the door but suddenly I forgot that important thing I should tell her.

"What?" She just replied short.

"Ehmmm..Ehmmmm...Chibi theme park will be closed forever this end of month. You don't know yet right? I only know it today."

"Ermmm...I already know about that. Is that all you want to tell me?" 

Should I say it or know? Will she be okay if I invite her to go there for the last time? I really want to say this thing to her but I just can't speak it out in front of her. We are staring to each other about 3 minutes without saying anything. That's really kill me inside.

" Do you want to go there together tomorrow? For the last time." She suddenly said that after our long silence.

"Eh...?"

" I know we are not kids anymore to enjoy all that rides but as I said before for the last time." She's trying to give her reason for the invitation.

"Ehmmm..Okay...Let's go there tomorrow." I awkwardly said that to her.

I still can believe she's inviting me to go there with her tomorrow. Hopefully this is not just a dream.

Chibi Theme Park

" Wahhh.. Kyaa...I can't believe it!! We are here finally after a long time. Doyeon!!! Doyeon!!! See!! See!! Coaster Panda, Ghost House and Merry-Go-Duck are still here." I become so excited when we reach there that I just can't help but scream out happily.

"Aish..No need to scream out loudly okay? Don't you embarrased with the kids here. They are watching us!!" Doyeon shut off my excitement while walking away from me. 

"Ehh..Doyeon..What are you buying?"

"Take this..You like this cute cap right?" She slowly puts the cap on my head. Is she still remember that I really like this kind of caps during our childhood days?

"Let's go. We don't have much time." She grabbed my hand and walk to the first game near the stall.

"Ehh... Your hand?" 

"It's okay. I just want to make sure that 'little kid' will not lost today." 

Her hands are very warm. It's been 10 years I didn't hold this hands.I wonder why I'm not brave enough to speak to her before. If I know the time we spend together will be this happy, I should have talk to her from the beginning. We play all the games there until we arrive at the last ride, the ferris wheel. I suddenly feel sad because I know after this ride we have no reasons to be together back.

"Doyeon, can we ride this ferris wheel later?" I slowly asked Doyeon.

"Ehhmmm..Sure. Let's eat some ice cream over there."

We are busily eating our ice cream without saying anything to each other. I wonder if she feel the same thing like what I'm feel right now. I can't believe our date this will be end very soon.

"Hei...When this place closed already. I bet it will be quite sad right? Doyeon suddenly asked while looking at the kids in front of us.

"Ehmm..I feel the same too. There are so many good memories of us at this theme park." I just spurted out our childhood memories even if I'm intended not to do so today.

"Heii..are you still remember? We always ride those ferris wheel again and again because it's only take 1 minute for one complete circle." I asked her.

"Haha..Of course!! That's was the funny thing ever." She said it while laughing out loud.

" But, this theme park will closed forever. We will never have any chance to ride that ferris wheel again." I said that slowly while holding up my tears from falling down. She stopped laughing and looks at me. I can see she's trying to say something to me but there are no words come out from .

"ATTENTION!! THIS THEME PARK WILL BE CLOSED IN ONE HOUR. PLEASE ENJOY YOUR LAST RIDE. THANK YOU FOR COMING TO CHIBI THEME PARK TODAY.

" Yeunjung..Should we ride the ferris wheel now. They will be closed soon." 

In my head, I actually does not want to ride the ferris wheel yet because I know it will be the end for both of us but my head already nodding to her invitation.

"Yeunjung!! See..We're already on the top of ferris wheel. Look at the view in front of us. It's so beautiful." Doyeon shout out happily while holding my hands. I wish I can stop the time right now and enjoy this memorable moment with Doyeon forever.

"OKAY. THANK YOU FOR RIDING FERRIS WHEEL TODAY. PLEASE COME OUT CAREFULLY." said the theme park staff.

We are already comeback to the ground after one complete circle. Doyeon come out from the couch first and lend out her hand to help me get out from that couch. I realized this is really the last time I will spend my time with Doyeon. It is too short for me. I'm not ready yet to separate away from Doyeon.

"Doyeon...Can we ride this thing one more time?" I asked Doyeon slowly.

"Sure. Why not?" She quickly agreed to do so.

"Brother, take this 5000 won. We want to ride this one more time." 

I realized this is exactly what was happened during our childhood days. The memories keep appearing one by one.

"I really feel like we are going back to our childhood days." Doyeon mumbled out slowly.

I cannot longer contain my sadness and tears already running through my cheeks upon hearing Doyeon's statement. I don't know why but this tears keep falling down without any sign to stop.

I can feel Doyeon suddenly come closer to me and hugged me tightly. This warm hug really melted my heart away but it become more pain remembering we are gonna go our separate ways after this. Doyeon let go of the hug and cupped my face. Our faces are just inch away from each other. She lean closer and kissed my lips.

"GATCHA!! ERR..TIME ALREADY UP KIDS." The voice of the staff bring me back to the reality. I'm teribbly shocked on what happened before and quickly running away out of the theme park. I definitely can tell that was a kiss and my heart is beating really fast. What is actually happend that time? What is the meaning behind all these?

"Yeunjung!! Let's go before its already late." Doyeon managed to chase me and grab my hand firmly.

"Wait..Doyeon? What is this? Where are we going?" Doyeon does not reply any of my questions and when I realized we already entered the same theme park.

"Brother, please take all my moneys. Let me ride this things without any disruption." Doyeon tell the staff.

"Yeunjung..Sorry..About what happened before...Actually before I hug you, I have something important to told you." I can see clearly Doyeon's face becoming red and I'm sure it is not because of the sun ray.

"It's okay Doyeon. We still have times. Take your time." I try to calm her down.

She looks straight to my eyes and lean closer to my face. I don't know what will happened again this time but I just sit still there waiting for her to say something.

"I Like You, Yeunjung-ah." she keeps repeating that three words and we shared one more kiss on that feeris wheel.

-THE END-

Idea: Chiba 

P/S: Thanks for subscribing to this story. I hope you enjoy reading this one shot about Doyeonjung. Do comments!! ^ ^