Love-&-Hate: Are we? ♥♥chapt.5

Love-&-Hate: Are we? ♥♥

 ~Chapter 5~


      It had been 3 days since I started working as Minho’s personal assistant. He was a very nice boss, not bossy. And Key. Yeah, Key is the one who’s bossy. It felt like I was employed to him instead of Minho. But anyways, I don’t follow his orders until Minho doesn’t tell me to. And thank God, he didn’t.

      Another reason why I should thank God is that it’s my day-off! Wee! Oh yeah! Oh yeah! I’m going to spend my Sunday without work.

      “So what do you plan on doing today?” someone asked from my back. It was Minho. He was still in pajamas and carrying a cup of coffee. I was in the veranda at that time when he showed up.

      “Nothing much. How about you? I know you don’t have work on Sundays, too.” The casual way of talking.

      “Play basketball, maybe.”

      I remembered that among the five, Minho is the best player in soccer and basketball. And he is 188cm tall, so don’t ask anymore.

      “I see. Gotta get going. See you when I get home, boss.” Then I went inside.

      I hurriedly climed upstairs with my heart beating like drums. These past few days, I noticed that I was attracted to him. He had been a crush of mine since Junior high.

      Anyway, what shall I do with my free day? Aha! I ran to the dresser and opened one of the compartments. When I found my cell phone buried under some accessories, I rang Jun. Really, I was eager to see him again. I feel comfortable with him. He’s my first friend here in Korea.

      After a few rungs, Jun finally answered. I invited him out and he gladly accepted saying that he too was feeling bored and has nothing to do. He also said he’ll pick me up in an hour.

      The weather’s quite sunny so I wore a cute, yellow halter top, skinny jeans, and my favorite rubber shoes. Know why it’s my favorite? Because it’s Dereon. And take note, limited edition. I also bought a scarf just in case the weather will get chilly.

      After an hour, Jun came to pick me up. Bye, house. I’ll be back this evening. And come to think of it, I haven’t seen Key since this morning. So maybe that’s why my mind is feeling refreshed now.

      “Where do you want to go?” he asked.

      I thought for a moment and what a big discovery I made, I have no idea where to go. “Where do you suggest?” I asked him.

      He scanned his mind for a moment. “I don’t know. I have no idea what your likes are.” Then smiled.

      I laughed a bit, too.

      “Nice shoes.” He commented when he caught a glimpse of it.

      My shoes were really nice. It was cerulean with gold linings and smoky blue effects on the back portion. I bought it when I went to Europe to visit my aunt for a few months. All the hardships I experienced for these shoes are worth it. Imagine, I lined up for 2 days and slept outside the shop before the grand opening s that I and only I could get it. It’s worth bragging for. And I admit I’m a shopaholic, too.

      “That’s Dereon, right? Limited edition released on spring 2012?” Jun stated.

      I was quite surprised that he knew these stuffs. “Yeah.” Then I told him about how I got it.

      “Really? Woah, you really go get what you want… Wait a minute. That’s it!” his face lighted up.

      “What?”

      “I’ll take you shopping.”

     “No way. I’ll pay.”

     “Really, I’ll buy you anything. The place sells cute and not too expensive stuffs. I’ll treat you.”

      “Oh, no, no, no. Though shopping sounds good, you accompanying me is really enough for me.”

      “*sigh* Well, if you insist, okay. Shall we go there?”

      “With pleasure.” Then off we went.

      Not that I’m a wild teenage girl who spends her money on everything. I admit that I’m a little bit of a big spender, especially on clothes but today, I’m just planning to by a couple of clothing.

      The place was nice. It looks like divisoria or tiangge but there are lots of options. Cute stuffs were sold there.

     I bought a jacket with a hood, 2 blouses in different colors with the word “hip hop” written on it. It was cute, the one is a huge, loose shirt and the other is off-shoulder that goes down to my legs. I also bought a pair of knee sock, a calf sock, and a cute necklace with the word “DaNceRR” as pendant. And miraculously, I spent just an unnoticeable amount of money. Probably, P800.00, more or less if converted to peso.

      By afternoon, we were resting and chatting while eating snacks on a nearby snack bar when someone covered my eyes from behind. I have no idea who it was.

      “I really hate you. How come you don’t recognize me?” he said. And to the depths of hell, guess who? Key. He was wearing a loose hoodie jacket, and dark glasses.

      “What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be resting?” I asked sarcastically.

      Instead of answering me, he acknowledged the presence of Jun. “Yow, Jun-nii-san.”

      Jun smiled. “Hajimemae, Key-san? (How are you, Key?)”

      Key wrinkled his nose.

      “That means “How are you?” I told Key.

      “I know.” He grumbled.

      “You speak Japanese, Nash?” Jun was quite amazed.

      “Hai. Zetai ni! (Definitely yes!)” I answered proudly.

      “Sugoii (amazing). Uh, Key, you’re already friends with Nash?” he asked him.

      “Yeah, she works for me.”

      My eyes widened and, “Correction, Mister. I work for Minho, not you. Anyway, you knew each other, Jun?”

      Jun nodded then added, “We were junior-senior.”

      “Oh, I see.”

      My sentence barely went off Jun’s phone suddenly rang. He excused himself for a moment. Key sat beside me and ate some of my waffles. “Hey, spit it out. That’s mine.” I told him but to no avail.

      He caught a glimpse of the shopping bags. He grinned, “Missy went shopping, eh? This place isn’t that nice of a shopping venue. I mean, most stuffs here are at low bargain and cheap… and not that fashionable… and…”

      “What are you doing here?” I asked.

     “Huh?”

     “What are you doing in this unfashionable and cheap place?”

      “Oh, that. There was an opening in a new resto-bar that way.” He pointed. “I came to check it out.”

      “Why would you want to check it out?” I felt puzzled.

      He shook off his shoulder. “I like going on a food trip. Tasting different foods.”

      “So that’s what you were doing on the café near the airport?” I said then took a sip from a glass of soda with matching floatee.

      “You remember?”

      “I---uh…”

      “Sorry about that time. I dragged you so sudden.”

      He sounded sincere so, “It’s fine.”

      Then he added, “It’s just that if I leave you there, the people might ask you about stuffs. I mean, it’s not my fault for being handsome, famous and being gifted with a nice quality of voice. And…”

      I didn’t care to listen to the other sentiments he has. He just kept on talking. But one thing caught my attention. That’s when he said, “I like being the mother of Taemin. He likes my dumplings and I like cooking for someone.”

      I eyed him. “I see.” I couldn’t say any else. After all, who am I to intrude?

      After that, none of us spoke. When Jun came back, he was all panicky.

      “Something wrong?” I asked him.

      He sat down on one of the chairs then, “I don’t know how to say this to you, Nash but a problem occurred at the agency just now. And I’m really needed. Would you mind if we go now and I’ll just drop you at your boss’ place?” he looked really sorry.

      I thought for a moment. Actually, I still don’t want to go home. “It’s okay. You can go now; I’ll take a bus home.”

      Jun doesn’t sound so convinced. He looks worried.

      “I’ll take her home.”

      I eyed Key. “Like I’ll ever trust you.” I smirked.

      “Oh, come on. It’s really okay Jun, you can go now. After all, that’s important.” Key suggested.

      “I’m really sorry, Nash.”

      “No, it’s okay. Bye.”

      “Okay. Bye.” He said before kissing me on the cheek and running towards his car.

       Actually, I was quite surprised.

      “Caught speechless. Oh, the power of love. Tsk tsk.” Key teased.

      “Shut up. Now, let’s go home.” I pulled him.

      “I thought you don’t want to go home yet?”

      “Yeah, I didn’t. But now that you’re here, I do now.”

      “Ya, don’t you know how many thousands of girls who wish to be with me?”

      I didn’t answer him.

      “Wait.” He blocked my way.

      “What do you want!?” Temperature’s rising.

      “I just want to have fun. I mean, I work 5 days in a week, 7/11. Come on. Let’s have some fun. You suggest, I follow.”

      “Isn’t being in a famous boy band not fun enough?” I couldn’t help but ask. Key has everything. Unlike me who was unable to finish my studies because of financial problems. I don’t like people who barely realize how lucky they are. The thought hurts so much that I felt like crying. And my mind was so full that I didn’t notice I was already frowning.

      “Hey.” He snapped his finger in front of my face. “Did I say something wrong?” You know, even if this guy may be my greatest enemy, he could be concerned too.

      I smiled. “Okay, let’s have fun. *thinks* Now you said I’ll suggest, right?”

      He nod.

      “*grin* Where’s your car?”

      “Parking lot.” He looked excited.

      “Let’s watch a movie.”

      His expression dropped. “Oh… Okay.” Then off we went to his car. I told him to go to a cd store. I told him to wait in the car. I went inside and purchased a horror movie with massacres and murders and more else.

      When I got in the car, “What kind of movie is that?”

      “We’ll see. Now, drive home.”

      He shrugged his shoulder, “Okay, whatever.”

      When we got home, I pulled Key into the entertainment room. There was a mini theatre in there with a wide screen. I fed the cd to the player and played it.

      Key’s eyes widened when he saw the opening of the movie. He even clutched the gigantic dinosaur stuff toy on the couch which he said was Jonghyun’s.

      I smiled. “What’s the matter, Key? Are you scared?” I asked sweetly.

      He smiled. Faker! “Of course not. Maybe it’s you who’s scared.”

      I just smiled back again. Actually, the kind of movie was intentional. I read in one of the articles about Key that he keeps on buying horror movies but keeps getting scared in watching it so he never watched it at all.

      During the entire film, Key was covering his face with stuff toy. I can’t blame him, the movie’s a lot scarier than I expected. And he screams, too. Not the Changminna scream. The kind of scream made when a lizard from the ceiling fell into your head or when you suddenly saw a ghost. I was laughing like crazy.

      When the movie was over, Key looks pale. And he was breathing heavily. I laughed at him.

      “Wha-what now?” he made pretends that he’s not afraid.

      “This!” I pulled my cell phone that I placed on top of the couch. I was recording his shrieks and screams a few moments ago. I played it and I was laughing so hard that my stomach hurts so much.

       “Ya! Hey, don’t… Don’t show that to anyone.” He warned me.

      “No way! I’ll post this on the net. Key’s shrieks and screams while watching a scary movie.” I even laughed more.

      “Give me that.”

      “Oops! Uh-uh. There’s no way I’ll—ah!” I ran as fast as I can because he was chasing me. He really wants to get rid of the recording. “Perhaps, I can even use this to… to black mail you! Haha!” I tried to get out of the room but he managed to grab my arm.

      “That won’t happen ‘cause I’ll be deleting this soon.” He tried to get the phone from my hand.

      I stick my tongue to him. “Like you ever can!” and he chased me even more. So there we are, running wild across the room and ruffling each other’s hair when I noticed someone watching us by the door.

       I stopped running and smiled at him.

       At first he was blank and just kept staring at me but then he smiled a bit and nod his head.

       “Taemin, what are you doing here?” Key asked. When he looked at the wall clock, he was a bit surprised to see that it’s almost twelve.

      Taemin rubbed his eye, “I fell asleep while waiting for you.”

      Key went to him, “Oh, I’m sorry. You have just called me earlier.” He placed his arms across Taemin’s shoulder. “You want to spend the night here?” he smiled to him.

      Taemin looked at him then smiled, too. Then Key ruffled his hair. Then they went upstairs.

      Kyaaa!!! They’re so kawaii!♥♥♥