Questions and Answers

They Call It Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A feeling of cold fingers on his forehead startled Taehyung awake. And the site he woke up to sure wasn’t what he was expecting.

The first thing he saw when he opened his eyes was a girl who he immediately recognized as Chaeyoung.

He was pretty disoriented. Didn’t he go back to his room in the dorm to rest after Jin told him to? So why was he in the park playground? Maybe he fell asleep and this was a dream.

Wait. He suddenly remembered that while he was lying down on his bed for a good couple of minutes trying to go back to sleep, he couldn’t. He was physically tired, but his mind was restless.

Something got him out of bed despite protests from Jin. Maybe it’s the peach colored rose that was on the table that was in his line of vision, or the smell of coffee reminiscent of that café from a month ago, or the beautiful weather outside that was inviting.  

While on his way there, he told himself that this would be the last day he’d be waiting for her out here. A month was long enough, and if she wasn’t here, then he’d take it as a sign from the universe that he should give up and recognize their meeting as a one-time thing.

And that’s how he ended up here in the park swings. He must’ve felt more at peace here than in the room, because he fell asleep here soon after he arrived.

Seeing Chaeyoung in front of him now– were those her fingers on his forehead?– it made it hard for him to believe that this was reality and not some dream. I mean come on, she comes on the day Taehyung vowed to be the last day he’d be waiting for her– that was some weird coincidence. Or maybe it was just serendipity or fate or something.

Taehyung rubbed his eyes and looked at her with wide eyes, and she was so startled when she saw him wake up that she almost fell off the swing from retracting her hand so quickly. She's still clumsy like before, he thought with a smile.

For a good minute he was just staring at her while she tried to regain her balance on the swing next to his, trying to process that this was really her. She didn’t need to take off her mask for him to know. Her unique hair color, kind eyes, and soft features made it impossible not to recognize her. Besides, Dalgom was a dead giveaway already. He pulled down his mask and flashed her a smile.

“Chaeyoung! You came today,” Taehyung pinched himself and cringed when the pain registered, “And I don’t think I’m dreaming.”

“Hi. Yeah, you're– we're– not in a dream.” She pulled down her own mask to return his smile with a shy smile of her own, not knowing what else to say.

Taehyung frowned. “You lost weight.”

“Hey. You shouldn’t be concerned about me right now. You’re the one falling asleep in the park and I think you have a fever. You should go back to your dorm and re–”

“I have an important question first. Is it you in YG’s new girl group Blackpink? You don’t have a twin named Rosé, do you?” He looked at her expectantly, waiting for an answer.

“What? No, I don’t have a twin. But you should really–”

“Daebak. I knew it. It’s never twins.” He grins at her again, and starts moving his swing back and forth. “I never would have expected you to be an idol because you seemed so shy. You just keep surprising me.”

“Hey,” she snapped in front of his face to get his attention, her eyebrows knitted together. “You. Stop changing topics. You need to go back to the dorm and rest right now.”

“Hmmm nope. I finally get to meet you again after so long. I’m not leaving that easi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter