Waffled

They Call It Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Fine…”

“Yes!” Taehyung enthusiastically blurted out, complete with an excited fist pump in the air. Whether it was because of the free food or more time with her, he wasn’t sure just yet.

Rose waved her hand in front of him, cutting off his celebration. “But…”

“B-but?”

She smiled, amused at how Taehyung’s expression changed so quickly from a smile to a look of concern.

“But, this isn’t free. I’m not treating you, because frankly speaking I don’t think I owe you anything for catching my dog except a thank you. I’ll pay for now, but then you owe me and have to pay me back some other time, okay?” 

Taehyung pouted, contemplating on the deal. “No interest anymore though, right?”

Again, he gives her that look, and Rose couldn't do anything but sigh. “Fine, I’ll waive the interest for you, as our dog’s savior.”

“No interest, and keep calling me your dog’s savior, and we’ve got a deal.”

 

[Rose POV]

They went through snaking roads and small alleys to get to the quaint little cafe that Rose liked. When they got there, she set Dalgom down with his food that they bought from the pet shop next door before straightening herself across the table from Taehyung. She noticed that he was looking at Dalgom fondly for the nth time today (not realizing that she was looking at Taehyung with such fondness for the nth time today, too).

“You really love dogs, huh?”

He seemed to be startled by Rose talking to him, but composed himself enough to answer. “Yeah, I do. It's obvious, right? That's because I really miss my dog right now. Her name is Soonshim, and I can't keep her here with me so she’s with my family at home.”

Before Rose could even ask why he wasn’t living with his family and his dog, Taehyung was opening a folder on his phone full of photos of his dog. Rose, being the dog lover that she is, fawned over how cute Soonshim was, adoring the dog more and more with each fun story Taehyung told, even though she hasn't even met the dog yet. She found the affection in his voice when talking about Soonshim sweet, and knew just by the way he talked about his dog that Soonshim was loved. She realized, however, that he was careful not show any photos of him with Soonshim, and came to the conclusion that he was still trying to keep his identity hidden as much as he can. 

What Taehyung did not realize was that one of the reasons why Rose actually agreed to go to this place to have breakfast with him– aside from being swayed by his eyes, which she would never admit– was because she knew he’d have to remove his mask if he was going to eat. When the food arrived, she saw how excited he was to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter