Returness

The Last Hope

 

 

 

 

Choi Minho stood on the hospital porch .

A car being and waiting for him, makes his feelings bubbling. Two employees who quite close to his brother, enter his bags and belongings into the trunk. While his brother Siwon was in  long conversation with Dr. Kwon.

"Appa and Eomma waited at Seoul, we only bring a small plane because the weather didn't allow. They are waiting for you there. "

Siwon said when picking him up in his room.

This car will take him to the plane's landing place , some distance from the hospital. The plane will  bring them back to Seoul.

"It's odd ... This is the moment I've been waiting for months. But why do I feel reluctant to leave? Is it because a part of me has been fused with this hospital? "

Choi Minho's gaze circulate to all parts of the hospital  he could see. Tracing one by one the faces of those who are already familiar with. People whom with their smile like to say goodbye to him. People who genuinely inspire  him to continue his life as before.

But there are less, something .....

"Sister Sulli .... why are  you not here? Where have you been the past two days? After you gave the best for me for a few months, after you became a witness of every hours, every seconds that I go through here ... After many months you were there for me pour passion and confidence into me .... why do you disappear in my last time here ? Don't you want to say goodbye to me? Don't you want to give your last spirit for me ? "

"Minho ...  get in , hurry up !  We don't know what the weather will be like if we didn't set out in right time ! " Hi sbrother's voice makes his reverie be interrupted.

'll get in , Hyung!"

Minho walked to the car's open door  with heavy step.

"Mr. Minho, do you need my help? "

Choi Minho stopped, feeling the warmth filling his heart and  his heartbeat  pumping through his body. Hearing that voice, he can feels his spirits back. Soon he turned around to greet the last bid from sister Sulli whom  he had  been waited for two days. He smiles broadly.

"Sister Sulli ......"

His words hung in the air. His smile fade away.

There was no one in front of him.

Choi Minho rubbed his eyes ... could not believe what he saw.

Still, no matter how hard he rubbed his eyes, Sister Sulli was not there.

"Oh my God .... Can be the wind  transforms into her gentle voice?"

With dismay he turned back and walked  to the car that picked him up and will bring him away. Trying to Refusing the help from his brother's employees, unhappily. Then sit in the back seat without the slightest smile.

"Wae? Still can't forget your memory on this place? Minho come on ... Seoul waiting for you. Keep spirit, man !! "

Choi Siwon punching Minho's arm softly and warmly, then ordered his employees to immediately leave the place.

The car moving  leave the hospital's yard that looks grim , which the hospital's paint color began to fade.

Choi Minho's gaze back for searching for the last time , hoping there is the figure of Sister Sulli will come out of one of the doors of the hospital ... but no. Finally, his eyes adrift on a Cherry tree where he often spent time with  her.

"Thank you for everything ,Sister Sulli ......... goodbye!" He said in his heart.

Image result for helicopter images in korea

The helicopter  landed smoothly on the runway that had been cleaned. As soon as the propeller stops moving, some people  immediately ran towards the door began to open .

Lee Jinki, Kim Kibum, Sim Chang Min... they come with their respective couples. Then there is his brother's wife who came with their two children. His father and mother walked in the middle, followed by a few employees who greet Choi Minho like to welcome celebrities.

Choi Minho felt the warmth of their welcome through their smiles and eyes , turned out even, in such circumstances now he still cherished and they missed his presence. In hard difficulty he got off the plane, breathe deeply as if to feel the chill of the air of Seoul for months he left.

Seoul is colder than Jeju ... but not because it is causing a cold feeling inside him ... not because of it his backbone suddenly stiff. Not because of it a corner in his heart feels pain ....

His eyes searched among those who greeted him. But the one he looking for, someone who expected would be there.... do not appear.

Bae Suzy !!

"Suzy waiting for you at home ..."

His mother as if could read his mind and whispered these words when she kissed him on both cheeks.

Choi Minho nodded ... trying to accept and understand why his fiancé prefers waiting for him at home ... and not in a place where everyone gathered to greet him.

"Maybe Suzy have to prepare everything to greet me ... maybe at home she have to acompany the guest who wants to meet me." Minho thought without daring to think of other alternatives.

Related image

Choi Minho sat in the crowd of guests. There are friends, there are some neighbors, co-workers there, even relatives and his family. All gathered at the same time. As if his large house was turned into a big bunch of human all emit the same joy as he, Choi Minho, has back home after missing eight months from Seoul.

There is none offensive about his legs, as if everyone is turning a blind eye on the fact , either because they are afraid to upset her, either because they are afraid of the wrong comment. But even though he appreciated their attitude,he could see a flash of pity in their eyes. Surely kind of flash that appears as an  unsaid sad words .... For Choi Minho's bad luck.

Throughout are in the midst of them, Choi Minho's eyes searched and searched. No doubt, a great longing for the presence of Suzy hit him along the way, could not   meet his expectation... she was not there, too. He hoped the most important one in his life would appear and be standing closest to him .... In fact She doesn't  appear until the last guest  leave their homes.

Secretly , the bitterness and disappointed feelings are mixed in him. Bitterness seeing of frightening possibility in the future. About Suzy ... about his future .... and their dreams. And it looks like the big questions come and need answers. But it does not have to wait long.

"I hope you are not surprised by this .... "

His mother handed him a maroon colored envelope  . At first glance there is a discomfort feelings that sneak into his chest, bad feelings that makes his pores bristling and his soul was empty.

It was a hunch ... and the feeling that comes out of nowhere when his eyes glanced the envelope lying in front of him. There is a clear fear  ... seeing it ... somehow, his hunch was told him that it wasn't good news inside.

Minho didn't take the envelope, just look at it blankly . And it's seen clearly by his mother ... by Choi Siwon ... and certainly by others. There was no one in the family who looks happy ... like before, when the guests milling about in their home. His grandmother who was very close to him, even silence in his side unmoved.

"It's about Suzy, isn't it?"

Choi Minho dared his self to ask, he shuddered to hear his own voice that barely recognize.

"Minho, my son .... Suzy tried to convince us that this decision had nothing to do with your accident . But She was forced to accept the decision of her big family. Suzy had been betrothed with Kang Minhyuk. And they will be married in November later . "

Minho looked down, his eyes fixed on the maroon envelopes on the table, in front of him.

Oh, so that's the real answer of my questions so far. This is the honest answer eomma had been hidden from me  . Suzy never see me in Jeju, not because she was busy with her work, but she's busy preparing for her wedding. "

"Minho, God has secrets that we never knew. I believe, He has prepared a better woman than Suzy ... for you. "

"Suzy's decision is the most bitter feeling for me, so far..." Minho sighed
 
"But in fact it is better than in the middle of your marriage ... she's gone from you . Believe me , there are a lot of women who  wanna be your wife ... You're young, your future is still long stretches . You can fly ... touch your dream  .... I will always be at your side to support you. "

Choi Minho said nothing. The wise advice, should gives the spirit, the sympathetic attitude of the closest people like the echoes of bells that buzzing in his head. Painful .... But can't be  noticed at all .

When all the voices stopped, Minho standing with crutches in his amprit

"Minho-yah ...." His grandmother's hand gently his broad shoulder.

 

"I am tired. I  need a rest. "Short answered.

"Of course, my son. We totally forgot that you are just recovering and need rest. "

Minho walked limply toward the stairs, where his bedroom is located.

"We have to move your room down, Minho. I thought you would be easier ... "her mother did not finish the sentence, even biting her lip to hold her tears down.

See it Choi Minho smiled broadly, "Of course eomma, you have given me your room. I'm very excited of it ... even though it's not necessary. "

"Sorry Minho, eomma didn't mean ..."

"Eomma ... it's okay ,eomma. Please don't make me as if I was a burden for you. I have received all of this as part of the fate that should I lead. Suzy ... I know it's shocking. But trust me, in fact I've been preparing for this possibility  the day when doctor Kwon gave verdict to amputated my leg. You need to realize, Suzy had made ​​the right decision ... she is young and beautiful, she deserves someone better than me ... "

"Minho-ya , you are the best for us ... Don't ever had a short thoughts like that."

"Thank You. I really appreciate it. "Minho sighed , " I'm good for you but not good enough for Suzy ... not good enough for the dreams that we both have designed , first."

"Now, will you excuse me ?"

Having said so, Minho deflect step towards the main bedroom , the only room in there. Room was originally his parents bedroom, and now his. And without having to ask, he already knows the real reason why his room was moved ... of course because of his leg. His family possibly, think, he... his leg ... not strong enough to carry him up the stairs to his own bedroom.

Once again ...

Appears the painful bitterness in him.

Feeling as human of being useless.

Feeling of being helpless and weak.

Oh God .... Is  the feeling of loss as bad as this?

Feels being abandoned ..

Feels being pitied and doubted?

 

Hasil gambar untuk Siwon, Seohyun

A month later

 

Mrs. Choi sit face to face with her ​​eldest son, Choi Siwon , who sat brooding.

"He hardly out of the room... never " She said with a sad tone.

"Yes , eomma ... I've tried to talk to him a lot, but he was never like before. Minho has changed too much. "

"Day and night, since his return to Seoul ... There is nothing but  hide himself in the room. Sleep...read a book, or daydreaming. " Mrs Choi mumbled,

"This week he asked for his food brought to his room." Add Siwon wife.

" Day by day he would become undead if he always like this."

"Yesterday Key and Onew came to visit, even he only met him in his room. I rely a lot on his best friends, hope they give him spirit to stand up again. "

"It must be related to Suzy ...." Her mother murmured.

"Eomma, useless for us to regret something that already happened. Suzy has become a married woman now and we do not need to burden Minho with regret like this. Believe me, Minho feel pain and sorrow more than us. But I never heard him blame anyone but himself. "

"And it is not healthy. With his behavior, he only hurt himself. "

"Your appa says will send him to another place so he could start a new life and didn't meet  whoever knew him. Maybe he feel devastated and embarrassed by the situation. "

"It is impossible eomma. When he first set foot in Seoul, I saw the spirit and hope burning in his eyes. The day when I picked him up, he was so excited to be back sooner ... like a kid who'll be brought to the amusement park. Happy and full of dreams." Siwon said, sadly ," When we frequent visited  the hospital he hospitalized... I saw Minho already accept his condition even gets along well there. At first he's so ... that nurse.... Sister.. !! "

Siwon stop his words ... argued with his mother in a meaningful glance.

"Sister Sulli ..." sighed her mother hopefully.

Siwon nodded, they both knew what was in  each  minds  . Anyone in the hospital  they met told them that psychically Minho's healing  was 80%  due to the intervention of a beautiful nurse named Choi Sulli.

"Yes, eomma. Maybe we should contact the nurse to ask what  Minho often expressed when he's with her. She must know how to make his spirit up. "
"If you could... bring her here."

"It's impossible, she might be a married woman. Her husband would not let her come here... to visit another man. Only a foolish man who would let his wife shed her concern on another men who are not family. "

"Almost certainly true. The nurse was very kind ,sincerely ,and attentive to Minho . "

"Because of her past, she did it ..." Siwon's wife suddenly said.

Siwon and his mother looking towards Seohyun curiously.

"When I visit there, I met and talked a lot with her. At first we were just talking about Minho's health and its development over time. When I asked why she had lots of attention to Minho, she replied in the past ... she  lost someone who very meant to her ... who decided to end his life when he had lost both legs due to a bomb during the Korean War. "

"Is that so?"

Seohyun nodded, "Sister Sulli lost her father in her teens, and her father decided to end his life in front of her own eyes. That raised a deep wound in her. And when She saw Minho, She wants to save her patient in order not to lose the hope. "

"And she succeeded ..." sighed the mother.

All are fell silent and brooding.

"Siwon, call your doctor and ask if doctor Kwon can send her to a hospital in Seoul?"

"And it's mean...?"

"Maybe that's the only way  she came to Seoul, married or unmarried if she was in duty ..."

"Well eomma, I will talk with doctor Kwon then."

 

 

To Be Continue Next week