Desperation

The Last Hope

HI... I'm back with special story for special day... MINHO's B'day actually

HAPPY MINHODAY !! 

 

 

 

 

 

The Hospital

 

Choi Minho opened his eyes wide , the clean white ceiling of the room was unable to give peace to his heart. His beating heart was getting wild and loud when he saw that there were two beds next to his ... were empty. White sheets are usually installed already rolled, seemed ready to be replaced.

"Everyone had gone home. One by one of my friends is already home ... " said  his heart

Sim Changmin the Co-pilot, Kim Kibum the Photographer, who were usually lying in the bed at the same room  now are left . They are usually accompanied him chatting, spending any drab time in the hospital.  Now no longer with him. After yesterday they were given permission to leave the hospital, their family came to pick them up overnight. They came for being evacuated and taken to Jeju to be handled in a decent hospital.

Lee Jinki as a reporter of the most fortunate in the plane crash, has been allowed to leave this remote place five days ago. A patrol boat took him to fly to Incheon, into the midst of his family. Yet when the accident occurred, he suffered a broken hand in the estimate ... even crushed. From the beginning, Lee Jinki  surrendered if his hand had to be amputated. Apparently not, because he only suffered a fracture and underwent two operations to be able to function again.

Remember it, for the first time Minho saw a grown man who was overjoyed to hear the result. Even too excited. Five days ago he was allowed to leave the island along the patrol boat happened to stop at the island, he was like a little boy kissing his own hand still in a cast, endlessly. That's understandable, after being stranded on the quiet island by means lost of communication altogether, as life stranded in a foreign country. Regardless of locals who so well in treating them, but still the longing to their family can't be replaced just like that.

Jinki was so emotional in his homecoming, could sank his  hearts  . Similarly, the return of Sim Changmin and Kim Kibum, making him want to drown alone in the bottom of the ocean  when the incident happened to them, almost drown.

"They come home in one side, while at the other side I ......"

Choi Minho looked down towards his legs covered with a blanket. His eyes moved from the groin to the knee  and stop there. There is a familiar  view ... but still left the pang  to every part of his body  when he saw it. His left leg stretched almost reached the end of the bed, but his right leg ... just up to the knee... then ended.

 

Flash Back

His clothes were wet, his ears hear the roar of the waves were so close. Choi Minho was lying half conscious ... hear the sound of Sim Changmin who sent someone to call for help them  .

Within minutes many men arrive, using an emergency stretcher they finally brought to the doctor's office, which is the only place that was there for treatment.

Choi Minho directly fainted as his body lying on a stretcher. And he only realized when faintly his ears to hear Kibum's shouts  who were given treatment. Kibum fractured on his ribs. While Sim Changmin his right thigh bone fractured.

"Doctor, this patient has been  concious !"

"Hold on, don't let him faint again!"

Choi Minho slowly opened his eyes, blurry picture of a nurse who was standing next to him slowly began to clear. But he was unable to see it more clearly, something that feels stabbing of his legs made him unable to think. He heard how a woman talking to him, asking a lot of things, which he believed was the nurse who had seen earlier.

"Sulli, give him a painkiller . We should evacuate these patients across to the other island. It requires major surgery and treatment as soon as possible. "

It was the last words he heard before   back to the black hole.

End of Flash back

 

Choi Minho closed his eyes that began to warm.

The warm liquid then was creeping in his temple... twitching with emotion.

He cried.

Choi Minho cry.

A reliable pilot, son of owners CJet Corporation, a private jet leasing company in Seoul Korea, crying helplessly in an iron bed at the hospital...  somewhere a nowhere island.

Yes, he didnt know of his existence... on the island of Jeju  areas. He thinks , considering to the story of some people who come to his room,  the place was impressed as if rarely visited by outsiders. Untouched island, except by those natives and those who have an interest there.

And unfortunately, this is where he was stranded.

Minho remember, at first they were going to use a small passenger plane for four people to cover about training of military air attractions, to celebrate the birthday of South Korea. The pilots are supposed to bring the plane did not come because of sick and as a form of responsibility, he volunteered to be a substitute. At first her brother, Choi Siwon , opposed because Minho's condition had just finished to fly a jet that carrying a young filmmaker to Nami island. But his persistence mollify Siwon. And they departed from the base that morning. Everything was okay at the time of one hour on the air, but then a strange situation happened.. There is a rattling sound that followed the smoke on the right wing aircraft. He and co-pilot was finally decided to make an emergency landing on a white sandy beach. When the plane landed and shaken, Minho was still conscious. But then he could not remember what happened after a collision , his head bumped on hard objects. He fainted, and when concious he had washed up on the quiet beach. Then from there he was taken to hospital in the island, who knows what the name of the place.

Minho lifted his hand, trying to wipe away the tears with the rough.

Choi Minho in Seoul known as a pilot with a certificate and a pretty good flying experience, ultimately to be defeated and resigned to the fate provisions. And more pathetic, have lost one leg due to a so proud profession  .

My God, his legs ....

Minho would never be able to forget the terrible moments that must be gone through as a calm  and flat voice of Doctor Kwon   mentioned to amputate his leg.

 

Flash back

"Your legs are already decaying, young man. Wound infection due to sea water and left it submerged for hours accelerate the decomposition process. No one can be saved from the crushed bone and wound infections. If left it would endanger your life .... "

At that time Minho screamed, his voice was splitting the silence of small hospital. There is Sim Changmin with a bandaged thigh  , there is Kibum with a bandaged chest, there is Jinki with a hand wrapped. The three of them tried to calm him down with meaningless words . And a nurse who was standing nearby, put a hand on his shoulder sympathetically. But the little touche made  Minho crazy. He grabbed her hand and crying endlessly... .no not just cry, but roared like a baby.

"I'd rather die. Oh my God ... the better I die ... "

And there's nothing to do but surrender in the end. Amputation is the only way to survive.

The next day, before the sun comes up in the earth, the nurse named Sulli had awakened him. His body was limp , not because he had to fast, but also because his soul has lost the spirit altogether. Two male  move him to blankar, and take him out of the room.

The fears in him were mounting  when he was laid on the operating table, exceeded his fear when he first learned to jump out of the plane from the height. Exceeding fear when  he first had to fly his first flight after a two-year study of it abroad. During that time, his thoughts always adrift in the family ... who knows how they feel about it. He was not sure whether the family already knows or not about his existence now. Besides his memory drifted to Bae Suzy, his fiance who would be worried. And what their reaction later after learning that he had to lost one of his leg?

And that makes him really fear is a reflection on his sister who had a car accident and had surgery. Still fresh in the memory of Minho when he saw the limp body of a weak sister was taken to the operating room, a few hours later brought back to the room, in a state already died.

"Oh my God, this may be the end of my life. Maybe before I ever ask Thee to keep me off when my feet should be cut. But now, I really begged ... to be given a little time to be able to see my family first  . To apologize to my fiance ... "Minho cried in his heart.

"Mr. Choi, I will give you an anesthetic. After this injections,  you can count backwards from ten. You understand? "

Minho stared at her pretty face that since the beginning has always accompany him with her silent.

"The nurse is probably the last person that I can see before my surgery. I don't know whether this operation will succeed, or whether it will be the end of my life. "

"Mr. Choi, don't ...."  

"No, don't try to comfort me. My name is Choi Minho, remember it well. If I die, I hope you will pass on my words to my parents. Tell them, I am proud to have become their child and I don't regret this accident because I know...has a child as an airplane pilot is their dream  and mine too. Then tell to my fiance Bae Suzy, that I loved her. You can tell it to them, don't you? "

"Yes, Mr. Choi I would like to."

"Minho. Call my name like that if I was still alive then. "

"You will stay alive, and you will be able to convey your own message to those you love."

The soft-spoken nurse smiled, before finally giving the injections in the thigh.

"Now you can start counting from ten ...."

"Ten ... nine ... eight ... seven ... six ... five ...."

And his eyes felt heavy ... heavier, until he entered the darkness.

End of flash back

 

Gambar terkaitHasil gambar untuk cherry blossom in vase

 

"Good afternoon, Mr. Minho ... "

A voice, he began memorized,  greeted him warmly . Choi Minho opened his eyes. He was getting used to be called as "Mr.Minho" that be his nickname,the day after the operation is completed. At first the nurse  declined to called him by his first name, but because Minho begged her, eventually she would call him "Minho" with frills "Mr." in front of it, on the grounds that a nurse could not on intimate terms with the patients.

Yes, now he was getting used to as it. And the sweet-faced nurse was not awkward anymore as when first called him so.

"Sister Sulli, finally they're home and I had two empty beds here ..."

Minho pointed to two beds next to him, trying to hide the bitterness and sadness in his heart.

"Yes, they were just an hour ago left this room. At that time you were asleep, so they didn't want to wake you. But don't worry, maybe in 2-3  days there are other patients who will accompany you here. "

Minho sighed, " I hope,  it remained empty. I don't want anyone else will has the uncomfortable feeling what I'm feeling. "

"OH? I am sorry ...  our services make you uncomfortable, maybe ? "

Sulli laid the wreaths in a vase on the table next to his bed.

"The cherry blossoms, again?" Minho asked, looking at the rosy pink flowers.

"Right, now spring Mr. Minho. If you deign I'll take a walk outside. "

Minho didn't answer. Take a walk out of his room is the last option he wants to do. It's nothing, he is lazy met with people who will be put a strange look at his feet  ... or worse, with a look of pity. Therefore, since the operation he never wants to leave his room except for therapeutic purposes only.

Maybe yesterday, here is the Sim Changmin and Kim Kibum who will accompany him for a chat. But after today, he will not see anyone but a doctor who came to see him or sister Sulli and several other nurses who cared for him.

"Well, as usual ... what do you want for lunch?"

"Anything that supplied the hospital." Minho answered lazy.

"Okay. Do not forget to schedule a treatment at 12.00, Mr. Minho."

"I'll remember."

Sulli out of the room with withered cherry blossoms that changed to a different color from yesterday when she carried in. Sulli always  replaces the flower in his room everyday . If there is no flowers, then She is stringing the leaves that make the atmosphere in the room look a bit fresher and colorful . It seems, from today on just Sulli who can  invited to chat. It seems like he feels the same confidence, just like he entered the operating room.. that he can trust her. The feeling that can't be expressed ... about the whereabouts of her. Somehow, it make Minho remember the day when he was operated. At That time, he trust Sulli than the operation would be succeed and he would be alive.

 

 

Flash back

(Minho Pov) My  ears hear the silence and the ticking clock. Dizziness and nausea due to the smell of drugs that enter into my lungs, eliminating the desire to remember. But ... wait, this is dope ... the smell of dope. Is it the dope or the smell of the death ? Or am I still alive and through the operation safely?

Despite heavy, I forced myself to open my eyes.

Back the smell of drug sting , make me breathless. My vision become clearer and I saw a curtain fabric that stretches around the place I was lying. For a moment I collect my memory back, not sure with my own feelings.

Yeah right .... I was brought into the surgery room before .

My legs !!

I tried to lift my head and I realized there was a nurse who was standing near me. Standing right next to my right leg that looks rounded and ... had been cut.

I’m not dreaming !!

My legs had indeed been cut ... the surgery !!

Severe pain hit my chest. Sudden my whole body feels boneless ...  limp.

I feel the waves on my head on the pillow.

I  feel the warm water out of the corner of my eyes  .... I cry.

Hasil gambar untuk Minho cry

 

Cry about my feet are now...  no where.

The warm fingers were grasping my hand , for some reason I suddenly felt there was someone who would not let me alone to bear this pain. And I opened my eyes, want to see the face of someone who I'd longed in few today. But I saw no Bae Suzy there, I saw Sister Sulli  who stood staring at me without blinking. Her eyes were red, her nose too. Looks like she's been crying. But why ??

"Mr. Choi ...? "Her voice sounded like it came from a distance  .

I looked at her and She looked at me. Her hands were clasped my fingers... felt her warmth made my heart increasingly  longs to Suzy... it gripped me so hard... it drain me empty . And the red of her eyes, like emitting something that makes me want to show my best smile to her. For her, the only one who always there for me.

But God .... What's wrong with me? Even I can’t move my face muscles to give her a smile ? My head and my eyes felt heavy, and maybe I'll fall asleep again if I don’t feel a warm and smooth hands my face. Yes, smooth palms.

"Suzy ... .." I sighed, trying to tell the owner of the hand was that I longed her so much.

"Mr. Choi ....? "

Her voice sounds trembled ... not Suzy... and Suzy never call me like  that. I re-opened my eyes, now I feel a sense of sleepy eyes reduced. And my eyes see a pair of her eyes ... so close, but she didn’t say anything, so I'm not sure whether she was calling me or not?

Suddenly her face away, and I felt her hand take off my fingers. After adjusting blanket on me  , she walked away.

Indeed, when the nurse walked away, I wanted to call her to ask her not to leave me alone. But once again, I was too weak to do it. In fact, if she knows, her existence made me feel  ease. It makes me feel more tough to face a sense of loss that is hard to describe.

And so, perhaps because sure I've been concious of the influence of drugs, Sister Sulli left my room. She didn’t come back until the next day. And I felt so empty inside. (End of Pov )

Minho for  weeks could not get out of bed. To kill boredom, he read a lot of magazines and newspapers who faithfully always taken by the nurse who cared for him. Then  he was placed in a more spacious  room  , with his two friends Kibum and Changmin. Finally, the three of them spent much time in the same room, joking with each other, encourage each other, give each other hope.

End of flash back

 

 

 

=== To Be Continue = ==