Part Three

Wildest Dreams

Crazy.

 

That’s what I thought they were when I arrived at the meeting point I had with Wonho, not expecting at all to see some of his friends standing in front of a wall, paint spray bottles in their hands. Wonho did tell me to dress in old clothes I didn’t care damaging, but that ?

 

It was the middle of the night, and we were about to tag a wall. And the worst thing about that ? I didn’t care. I didn’t care that the cops might come and arrest us. I didn’t care that this paint would probably stay on this wall for a long time. I didn’t care, because for once, I was doing something that people would never expect of me. I was that smart and nice little child growing up, and disobeying like this made adrenaline flow in my veins. I secretly hoped more people were there to witness the birth of a new me.

 

It felt lame, but also so right.

 

Seeing me accepting a paint spray bottle made Wonho smirk, as if he expected me to refuse and go home. And truly, I expected myself to do so when I first saw his friends. But I smiled back to him, and listened carefully to the guy that was explaining to me how it was supposed to be done.

And I sprayed. I was never a good drawer, so I was a bit anxious of how it would turn out, but it did look amazing. I only painted a few words, and tried decorating them, but it still looked nice. And Wonho’s smile made me feel like he also thought it was great. As he was silently staring at the two words I tagged, I observed him. I took in his features, his full lips, his straight nose, and his gorgeous maroon eyes. He still had that smirk drawn on his lips, and his gaze turned to me.

 

“- Wildest Dreams ? he murmured, referencing to my tag.

- The craziest summer of my life”, I tried to explain.

 

I could see his smirk turn in a genuine smile as he hid his face to my gaze. I chose those two words to describe my life at this point. Wildest, for him - his actions, his thoughts, his looks… he seemed so wild to me, so free, as if he could do everything and anything. Dreams, for me. Because I was still waiting for life to gave me a sign, to tell me my hopes weren’t for anything. And somewhere in my heart, maybe I believed Wonho was my sign.

 

After everyone finished their tags, Wonho called it a night and told me to get in the car. Expecting him to drive me home, I got comfy in the seat. We didn’t talk for the whole ride, but when he parked the car, I got confused. This wasn’t my street, and this wasn’t my home. This wasn’t even a house, and I turned my gaze to Wonho.

 

“- Last time, when we went outside, he declared referencing to the first party he brought me to, you said you wanted to go stargazing.”

 

Still confused, I followed him in the building and to the elevator. When we went out, the night sky was still above our heads, clear and cloudless. The stars were shining for us, and the light breeze made the temperature bearable. It was a nice summer night, just like the night we spent on the beach.

We walked towards the edge, and leaned on the barrier so we could get comfortable while watching the view.

 

“- It’s gorgeous, I murmured.

- I know, he said back, and I had no idea if his gaze was on the view, or on me.

- Thank you, I whispered again, my eyes detaching from the city to his face.

- For what ?”

 

I never answered the question, but I felt like he knew, because he smiled warmly at me.

 

Grabbing his bag, he took out some cheap fireworks he had probably bought in a little party store. His eyes went back to mines, and I smiled, giving him my autorisation. So he lit them up, and we laid down on the cold stone to watch them burst. He took my cold hand to warm it up, and after the fireworks went out, he started murmuring the stuff he probably hold back for this whole time.

 

“- I don’t know why I keep asking you to come to parties when I know you don’t like them. I don’t know why I can’t stop seeing your face in front of my eyes when you’re not even with me. I’m obsessed by how mesmerizing your smile is. How your eyes shine with tiny stars when you sing. How your hand fits perfectly in mine. How soft your lips felt that night, and how fast you blush whenever I catch you staring at me.

- What are you trying to say ? I asked softly.

- I think… I think I’m obsessed with you. And I’m obsessed by this summer, and I don’t want it to stop.

- Then it’s never going to stop.”

 

He sighed, and got up, leaving me on the floor. His hand was gone from my grip, and it felt so empty.

Waiting for me to properly get up, He grabbed me by the waist and slowly pulled me into a kiss. It was the first since that party night, but  it was even better this time - all I could feel was how soft and warm his lips felt against my cold cheeks. His fingers were in my hair, caressing them as if he wanted to reassure me. My eyes were closed, and my legs were trembling from my fast heartbeat, but I didn’t care. I didn’t even care about the burning smell coming for the rest of the fireworks.

 

But he pulled away again, ending the kiss and taking me aback.


“- But dreams do end”, he whispered, his teary eyes avoiding my own gaze.