Performance

Academic Love

...

He started walking the other way, "Aysia I don't want to talk about it".

I caught up to him, "No. You have to!".

"I can't. We're late"

"Okay and? It doesn't matter anymore"

"It does .."

All day in school he ignored me.

After school I went home and cried on my bed until dinner time.

"He says he has feelings for me but he thinks I like another boy so he doesn't want to talk about it"

"Awe baby" Minaje cooed, she rubbed my back. "Boys are stupid. He's just confused right now. He likes you but can't properly fix his lips to say it".

"I like him too .. and I guess I do like the other boy .."

"Which one do you see yourself with?"

I twirled the broccoli on my plate, "I don't know. I feel like I should pick Jungkook, at least he confessed. Yibo probably doesn't feel the same".

"You never know unless you ask"

"No way I can't ask a boy that! Id die"

"No you won't. You're pretty, smart, and athletic. There's nothing better"

I smiled at her "I love you mom".

Minjae

"I love you too baby". That's the first time she called me mom.

I swear she's like the daughter I never had. If I could, I'd adopt her! I love everything about her and she really likes her stay here in Korea.

"I knew he liked me when he kissed me" she said, putting her head down on the table.

"What?! He kissed you?". Who does that fast boy think he is? She's not an easy little girl he can toy with.

"Yes but it was for a class skit .."

"That is inappropriate. I should give that teacher a call in the morning"

"No mom its okay. My fault for hanging with idol boys"

"Oh he's an idol? That explains alot. Is he older than you too?".

"Mhm"

"I too got my heart broke by an idol boy. He was my first love".

"How?"

"He got to see many countries .. which meant many different girls. I refused to sit around and be played for a fool".

She laughed "girl power!"

Jungkook

I feel bad for blowing Aysia off like that earlier. She's all I want in a girl .. but I know she likes Yibo. It's not fair! Why can't I just have her all to myself?

"Jungkook-ah pay attention" Rapmonster yelled at me from across the dance studio. I couldn't focus .. my mind was only on Aysia.

"Yes leader. I'm sorry". We did the dance in unison one last time before we left for home. I told my members I was going to a local store then I'd meet them at home.

"Good evening miss Kim. I'm Jungkook, a classmate of Aysia's. Is she home?"

She smiled at me then looked back for a second and stepped to the side to let me enter.

"Aysia .. can we talk?"

"About what?"

"Earlier"

She looked at the clock "you got 2 minutes".

I gave her mom a sorrowful look and that was her que to leave the room. She walked in the kitchen.

"I'm sorry for blowing you off earlier. I figured out what I want .. and its you. I know you like Yibo and it's not fair to me. I just want you all to myself. You're smart, funny, and really good at sports .. and by the way I love your hair. I understand if you don't like me back, just accept my friendship.

She turned away, "No".

"Why not?"

"Do you understand that in about 6 months I'll be leaving .. back home .. united states of America. Why would I tangle my feelings with you when I'm about to leave"

"Because it'll be worth it. I promise. I don't care where you go .. I liked you since the first day I met you and now .. never mind"

"Tell mee .."

"No forget it", why am I even trying? She already rejected me.

"This is why we can't be in a relationship. You always shut down on me! You need to man up and tell me how you feel or else we'll never get no where". I can tell she was getting angry with me. Her voice got more hoarse and it was like she went from broken to enraged.

"I- I'm in love with you now"

Her face expression softened and then she smiled. She ran and hugged me other like ever than before. We hugged for like a minute in silence.

I pushed her hair from her face, "So what does this make us?".

"Everything you want us to be".

Aysia

I love him too. I'm just not at that point to say it back yet.

"You promise you won't break my heart?"

"I promise" .