Black out

Academic Love

..

"But I'm sick" i whined to MinJae, my korean mom.

"No Aysia you have to go. Just call me to pick you up early" MinJae demanded.

"Ugh fine".

I'm tired of going to this dumb all girl school and i wish i could go home already. I am in Korea because of this foreign exchange program. I thought it'd be fun, not a drag. Girls at my school have this motto "bully or be bullied". I'm not a bully so i get bullied along with other girls. So far i got my phone stolen, notes used without my permission, they made rumours about me, tripped me in the hall, yell at me when I'm no help at sports in gym, and no one really sits with me at lunch except for Mika. She used to get bullied last year by these girls. She sticks up for me only when she witnesses it herself, other than that she just let's it happen. Especially since I'm the only black student i stand out.

---

The teacher Mrs. Young took attendance as usual. I took my seat and analyzed the hole in my sock i got from this morning's accident. I nearly tripped over a tree trunk on the way to school and a branch ripped my sock.

"Aysia come solve the problem on the board" Mrs. Young suggested. Since Korea is a place of respect for elders, can i really object to her? I slowly walked to the front of the class and put the answer on the board.

"Sorry Aysia. You missed a step" the teacher said, showing me where my error was made. I heard giggling from my peers.

Someone said, "Haha. Of course she's not smart with that dumb hole in her sock. She's so poor".

I dropped the chalk and ran out the classroom. I could barely see where i was going from the blurry vision of my tears.

I was up on the school balcony, looking over the city. I contemplated on jumping. I shut my eyes really right and nothing happened. I opened them and still was standing. I can't do it. I'm going inane.

I called MinJae and begged her to pick me up asap. I went back in the building and down the school through the forbidden stairway that's rumoured to be haunted. I'm not scared of it because my first week here some girls pressured me to go down it.
I seen MinJae and ran into her open arms crying "i wanna go home. Back to California. I hate it here in Seoul". She rubbed my back, "No baby don't leave. I'll switch your school".

MinJae's p.o.v.

Aysia is the daughter i never had. I wanted kids badly but can't have any biologically. I don't want her to leave me. Me and my husband love her. She's a smart girl and i knew sending her to this school would be bad.

When we got home she told me everything them girls did to her.

"You should have been told me! We're gonna sue them".

She told me, "No no no. Just drop it. Them girls will get their karma".

I'm just gonna let her stay home for the rest of this week. Next week she'll start regular public school. I think she'll like this one more.

A week later ..

Aysia looks so cute in her new uniform.

I parked the car in the school parking lot and walked her into the main office so she'll get her schedule. She hugged me and i told her "Have a good day. Dinner will be ready when you get home".

I really adore her like she's my own daughter.

Aysia's p.o.v.

I knocked on the door of class 2D. A tall thin lady with black hair answered the door and let me in. I gave her my schedule and introduced myself to her and my classmates, then she told me to take a seat. I sat in a chair all the way in the back by the wall.

A few minutes later a tall boy with dark hair, pink plump lips, and the perfect smile came in breathing heavy like he just ran all the way to school. He apologized to the teacher for being late and she told him to take his seat. He walked my way and looked down at me trying to catch his breath. "Am i in your seat?". He nodded but sat in the seat next to me. "I'm so sorry I'll move", i gathered my things and stood up but he grabbed my arm to stop me "it's okay miss".

Did he just call me miss? I sat back down trying to focus on the curriculum being taught up front but i seen the boy next to me looking my way. I cut my head his way and smiled "Hi". He smiled back, "Hi .. im Jungkook". "Nice to meet you Jungkook. Im Aysia". The teacher must've heard us and told him to pay attention. He turned his head back to the teacher.

He's really cute. I laid my head on my desk thinking to myself. He's cute. Guys like him don't like girls like me. He's probably a player, look at him. He has the prefect facial features.

"Pick your partners" the teacher said after she handed out the assignment. I watched as everyone effortlessly grabbed a partner. I pulled out my pencil and started working on the assignment.

"Hey uh, do you need a partner?". I looked up from my paper and a girl with glasses and a black ponytail was asking me to be her partner. "I mean .. i guess", i smiled, "my name is Aysia". "Hi Aysia. I'm Nia". Me and Nia finished early so we talked amongst ourselves.

She analyzed my hair, "I like your hair. Can i touch it?". "Yeah go ahead. Be gentle" i warned. She ran her fingers through my bone straight hair.

The bell rung and everyone dispursed. My next class was biology in room 3D. I took the stairwell upstairs and walked around the halls twice but couldn't seem to find tge class. Now i was the only person in the hall looking dumb, the bell already rang again so i know I'm late. I stared at the schedule and walked without being aware of my surroundings, accidentally bumping into someone. I looked up at them "I'm so sorry". He tilted his head "it's okay .. you look lost". "I am". "I can help you". I gave him the schedule to look at, "oh you're in my class. Just follow me". I followed behind him. He's tallish-average height with light brown hair and bangs. "By the way, I'm Jeonghan. Im always around so if you need me just ask". I smiled "okay thanks". We walked into the classroom together.

I took the last seat in the back of the class and Jeonghan took his regular seat in the front.

As the day went by the I've met more and more nice people. So far I remember only a few names Jungkook, Jeonghan, Hansol.

After school MinJae was waiting for me. I walked over to her car and got in.

"How was your day?" She asked while starting up the car. "It was good. I met so many nice boys and like one girl". "That's good to hear. You like it?". "Yes. It's way better than that other school".

That night i did my homework and ate dinner then took a shower for bed. I laid in my bed and thought about Jungkook.

Wait. What am i doing? He's just a classmate and i only meet him today. I can't focus on boys. School is first.

Jungkook's p.o.v.

I'm trying to sleep but can't. My parents are constantly arguing. All they do is yell and bicker at eachother.

"I don't care!". "Then get the hell out". "No it's my house too". "Fine. I'll take MY son and leave". "Your son? That's OUR son".

I turned over and put my headphones in to tune them out. I logged onto instagram and seen a picture of Aysia on the discover page. I stared at the picture for a while then clicked on her tag. She's so pretty.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Okay that was the first chapter.

Please comment and vote💜comments mean the most to me so please speak up children💜share this book with your friends💜

 

.