Chapter Six - Parts of the truth

On My Way

Hi readers, 

It has been a long time. I'm sorry it has taken so long. 

I recently started teaching full time and the preparation work has been taking a toll. 

Here's Chapter six finally. 

Personally, I enjoyed writing this chapter. So hopefully you'll enjoy it too. The end is a bit rushed because I was trying to finish teh chapter to upload it.

Here we learn parts of the truth of the misunderstandings. We'll find out about the whole truth as it gets uncovered in later chapters. 

Thanks once again to my readers and subscribers. 

Happy reading  

chapter six

[Japan – one year ago]

Around a month and a half into his break that he had taken from work, Changmin had been rather lost without purpose. It had been two weeks after receiving a call from his friend that was helping out locate Yeonhee (His first love who had suddenly left him, the school and Seoul overall without a word). His friend delivered the news that the reason why they failed to locate her was that she had changed her name due to her parents’ divorce – the reason why she had left the school and followed her mother to Japan. The news that really shook him was the news that she had gotten married.  It shattered him, as he had been looking for her for almost 5 years. At first, he had thrown himself into destruction, trying to find her, trying to look for an answer.

It was his mentor, a family friend, his role model – Joongki that had helped him out of that stage. He had settled to accept the reality despite the pain and still wanting to find her.

It was not until two months into his break from work that that he had met a particular girl Im Yoona. She shared something with him – the fact that they were both looking their important person. She also helped him see the light – as she shares her optimistic views that shed hope in his life.

Soon after, he had decided to stop his search for Yeonhee. Although he still wanted an answer.

***

[Seoul – Changmin’s apartment]

Changmin opens the top drawer of his desk and pulls out his diary. He does not open to the newest page, but instead, finds the bookmark hidden within. A bookmark with pressed sakura flowers, he had once given to a special someone. Someone who he had been searching for - since a little while ago. Someone who had only recently found. It holds a story of regret and apology.

He watches as Yoona stares at the empty branches of the sakura trees. Spotting the regret in her expression, there is an unexplained urge to cheer her up. Letting her tie a pink ribbon to one of the lower branches of a particular tree, he decides to lead her to the local souvenir stores. Finding the bookmark – the only thing among the stores that are the closest resemblance of the blooming sakura flowers – he immediately buys it. Upon gifting it to her, the look she had given him in return had left an imprint in his heart. In response to her beautiful smile, he could only say

“You’re welcome.” With a gentle smile.

Before they parted ways on that day they met. She had hinted that they hoped to meet again. Upon asking where, her reply was only a hint.

“If you think about it, you’d know” but he figures the answer to that nevertheless. His mind flicks to the ribbon she had tied to the tree earlier in the day. It was a promise made between them.

On the morning of which they were supposed to meet. He receives an urgent call that his grandmother had been hospitalised. His grandmother had brought him up while his parents were too busy with their business operations to care for him. She had heard news that he was upset, so she had come to Japan to find him. To him, she was as important if not even more important that his own parents. He rushes to the hospital to find her. His promise to Yoona escapes his mind after realising that there was no quick way of letting her know he cannot make it because they were foolish enough to have not exchanged contacts.

It was not until later in the evening that her operation had finished and was in stable condition that he had left her side. Instead of heading home, he drives to the riverside, heading straight to the tree which they were promised to meet under. As he approaches, his nervousness dissipates and is replaced by a deep gut feeling of regret. Instead of finding the bare ribbon tied to the tree, he reaches out to the bookmark tied to it. The same bookmark that he had gifted to her on the day (and only day) they had met. There is a dredging feeling in his chest which he heaves a sigh to try to relieve. But it does not help. He detaches the bookmark from the tree and places it in his pocket but keeps the ribbon there.

He clutches the bookmark and brings both his hands together. He brings his hands close to lips and whispers under his breath with his eyes closed.  

“Sorry.”

***

He brushes his fingers gently over the pressed flowers of the bookmark. He seems to have missed an opportunity now that she has found the person she was looking for (or so he believed). After all he remembers returning to the address she was looking for – not to find her but a man coming out to collect his post. Thinking back to the book she was buying, she must be living a happy life.

Kyuhyun comes ringing the doorbell. Changmin leaves his desk and heads to the door to open it but half way there, the door opens by itself.

Kyuhyun looks up, and waves cheekily.

“You had the keys, and you rang the doorbell?” Changmin asks rhetorically making it sound more like a statement instead of a question.

“Just to give you a warning in case you were hiding some pretty lady" he jokes as he invites himself in, and heads straight to where changmin was sitting.

Changmin rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

Kyuhyun spots the bookmark on Changmin’s desk. He looks back at Changmin. The latter has a delayed reaction. He reaches over and closes the diary to shove it into his drawer where it belongs.

 

Usually, Kyuhyun would not bother to question Changmin. But he had recently been quite concerned by his actions.

“You’re still not over Yeonhee?”

Changmin is taken aback at the sudden question. But he regains his composure and gives him a pointed look.

“It’s not hers.”

“Then who’s is it?”

“None of your business.” Changmin says rightfully.

“I’ll make sure I’ll find out.”

It is a quiet afternoon, sunny afternoon. Changmin is seated on a park bench, reading peacefully near the playground area below a set of residences of Cheongdam. There are quite only a pair of children playing on the equipment, accompanied by their mother. But Changmin is not disturbed.

“It’s not easy to see you these days.” Joongki jokes as he approaches and joins Changmin who looks up and smiles in response.

“Hyung, I think you’re the busier one these days.” He says in reply.

Changmin passes him the gift bag with the snow dome  boxed up nicely inside.

“AS per your request.”

“Thanks, another snowdome for her collection.”

Then, Changmin pulls out a pebble from his pocket and passes it to Joongki who takes it as if it is the most normal thing to do.

“Thanks.” Joongki surveys it before tucking it away into his own pocket.

 “I still don’t get why you collect pebbles from every trip you make.” Changmin comments in amusement. Joongki considers for a moment but a smile comes up

“Well, I told your Hye Kyo noona a story about collecting a rock from every place we visit. So that we can return it the next time we visit.”

Changmin chuckles confusedly.

“What’s funny?”

“That’s troublesome.” He laughs

“You’ll get it one day. Once you have a girlfriend.” The elder replies, causing Changmin to roll his eyes sarcastically.

“So, how you holding up after starting work again.”

“I’ve passed everything.”

“As expected” Joongki comments very sarcastically.

“Thanks Captain Song.” Joongki only laughs in return. “other than that, everything else is fine.”

Joongki leans back in his chair more comfortably.

“You could’ve gone for captaincy this year.” Joongki says regretfully.

“Life gets in the way.” Changmin says with a sigh.

Then there is silence as the two ponder on life thoughts. A squeal from the play equipment makes the two of them turn. It was only the little girl sliding down the slide. And they both sigh in relief. A smile creeps on Joongki’s face as he continues to watch them play.

Changmin looks across and smirks.

“If you want children…”

“She rejected me the third time as well.”

“Well, maybe we need to work a little harder at convincing Hye Kyo noona.”

“You make it sound like I’m not trying.”

Just then, Joongki’s phone rings. He picks up immediately after seeing Hye Kyo’s name.

“What’s wrong?”

“Can you please give me a hand from the car? I bought too many groceries for tonight’s dinner.”

“I’m coming down now.” Joongki turns and points towards the entrance indicating that they need to start walking.

“Is Changmin still there?”

“Yes.”

“Ask him to come to dinner tonight as well.”

Joongki turns to Changmin.

“You got any dates tonight?” he asks playfully as Changmin presses the button to the elevator.  

“Hyung.” Changmin chuckles and rolls his eyes.

“Right. So you’re joining us for dinner tonight.”

“Wouldn’t I be intruding?”

“Don’t worry, Hye Kyo invited a guest over tonight. We need you to be there to help finish the food.”

“I’ll finish the food alright.”

“I won’t doubt that.” Joongki says. 

 

As they find Hye Kyo in the carpark,

Hye kyo greets Changmin

“Oh Changmin ah, long time no see.”

Changmin bows in greeting.

“Hyungsu nim (sister in law)” Changmin says with a cheeky smile. He catches Joongki’s warning look from the corner of his eye. 

Hye kyo steps forward to feign a slap on him.

“What Hyungsu nim? You have to stop greeting me like that everytime.” Hye Kyo says as she reaches for the grocery bags and passes a couple to each of them.

***

Changmin is helping set out the plates as the couple busies themselves in the kitchen. He is the first to hear the doorbell.

“Oh that’d be Yoona” Hye Kyo says to Joongki. “go and open the door” Hyekyo says while she nudges him with her elbow. She is currently dipping some meat into flour. And because of the nudge, Joongki knocks over the marinade next to him and it goes crashing to the floor. Luckily the jar was plastic, but all the marinade had been spilled. Hye Kyo glares at him and slaps him with her flour covered hand.

All Changmin hears are the couple’s scream. 

“It wasn’t my fault you pushed me.” Joongki complains.

“Ok, sorry, my fault, sorry.” She says, looking at the floor and stepping away from the mess. “Can you please open the door then?” But instead of following her suggestion, he looks at her and thinks for a moment with his head tilted.  

“Knowing you and your clumsy self, I’m going to clean this up before you slip.”

“Gee, I’m not that bad!” Hye kyo complains.

“Changmin, can you please open the door?”Joongki calls out to Changmin.

“Sure” he responds and heads to the door, where he hears a familiar voice calling out from the other side of the door.

“Unnie?”

As he swings open the door, he finds a wide eyed Yoona who freezes. It takes her a moment to realise who it is and she frowns in confusion. He opens his mouth to say something but words do not come out so he seals his lips together. She too struggles for words.
“how come …” she blinks twice and looks at the door label to confirm that she did not get the wrong house.

“I have no idea either” Changmin says with a hint of a laugh.

“But how…?”

But all changmin can do is shrug and make a confused face.

“So are you just going to stand there and not come in?”

“OH.” She says as she walks in with her handful of bags. He reaches down to help her but she denies him courteously. So she shuffles carefully as she passes him.

She heads over to the lounge area and leaves some of the bags on the table. She turns around with a bag of fruit in her hand and finds Changmin just behind her. She uses her free hand to clutch her neck awkwardly, trying to find something to say.

“So you know Hye Kyo unnie?”

“Well, I’m closer with Joongki Hyung.”

“Oh…”  Yoona says.

“And you’re Hye Kyo Noona’s friend?”

“She’s more of a sister I never had.” She explains as she starts heading towards the kitchen area. Changmin follows. He offers to help her carry the fruit but she merely shakes her head.

Hye Kyo waits at the threshold of the kitchen doorway, leaning against the doorway. She does not say anything, intently waiting for the two to realise.  She folds her arms intrigued by the interaction – as if they have known each other but are at the same unfamiliar. Joongki reaches her side, spotting her reaction, he turns to her curiously, and she merely gestures her head.

“They know each other?” Joongki asks.

Hye Kyo shrugs “seems like it.” But Joongki sees the twinkle behind her gaze.

“You’re not thinking…”

“Shh don’t tell Yoona just yet.”

“I can help set them up as well.” Joongki whispers into her ear and she turns with a wide approving smile.

“Yoona” Hye Kyo calls.

“Oh Unnie! Oppa!” she says excitedly.

“Hello, our Yoong.” Joongki replies.

“I told you not to bring anything.”

“I feel weird if I don’t” Yoona chuckles cheekily making Hye Kyo roll her eyes.  

“Oh Changmin, this is Yoona, Hye Kyo’s long time friend.”

Changmin turns to Yoona who does not look back at him. She is too busy evading Hye Kyo’s interrogating looks. Normal people would expect the two to introduce themselves. but the couple have worked it out thus far that they already know each other. They are only waiting for an explanation and to understand more about the story.

“Oh, Hyung we’re colleagues.”

“Oh… so you know each other.” Hye Kyo says in a tone that is makes Yoona to want to find a place to hide.

“We've met.” Yoona says bluntly and feels Hye Kyo’s scrutinising eyes still on her. “a few times.”

“We were both on the same flight to Sydney yesterday.”

Hye Kyo is not trying to hide her excitement. So Yoona cuts her short.

“Unnie, can you please help me put these in the fridge?” She tries and pulls the older one into the kitchen.

 “Changmin, I’ll show you the latest changes to the A350 flight simulation systems.” Joongki says, leading Changmin to the living room.

Inside the kitchen, the two girls are trying to talk in hushed tones but that does not mean Hye Kyo can contain her excitement.

 “How come you didn’t tell me?” Hye Kyo immediately asks Yoona.

“I didn’t know you guys knew each other Unnie.”

“Since when?”

“Since 2 and a half months ago.” Yoona says flatly.

“Oh yeah that’s right Changmin just got back from Japan not long…” Hye Kyo pauses realising the pointed look that Yoona is giving her as the younger waits for the older one to realise. Hye kyo gasps in shock. And Yoona can only calmly and slowly nod in confirmation.

“Your ‘him’ is him.” Hye Kyo points towards the direction of the living room.

“Hold up. not ‘my’ him.”  Yoona defiantly clarifies.

“No no, but the one you’ve been looking for.” And Yoona can imagine the thoughts racing through Hye Kyo’s mind. So she decides to calm her down by reminding her.

“he has a girlfriend.”

“oh.” Hye Kyo says, recollecting the story Yoona had told her. She seems instantly deflated.

“They said he found his first love. That’s why he came back. I told you this remember” Yoona explains. Hye Kyo purses her lips in disappointment, considering for a moment. But a thought strikes her and she is immediately regains energy. 

“But hang on a minute… Changmin doesn’t have a girlfriend.”

“Unnie maybe you’re just behind on the gossip.”

“No, he never had a girlfriend in recent years.”

“Unnie.”

“Don’t say anything. I’m going to ask Joongki. No, I’ll ask Changmin himself.” She starts walking towards the door.  

“NO!” Yoona says, pulling on her unnie’s arm to stop her. Hye Kyo sees the desperation and pleading in Yoona’s expression so she agrees not to in the end.

But in Hye Kyo’s mind, she needs to find out either way.

 

Over dinner, the four share jokes and stories of their recent travels. Yoona could not be as carefree as usual whilst eating dinner. She was conscious that if she moved her left arm too much, she may bump into Changmin who was sitting next to her. So she tried to restrict her movement and often propped her arm on the table and rested her cheek on her hand, to at least feel that there is a barrier between them. It also served the purpose of hiding her slightly flushing cheeks, even with the lack of alcohol in her system. He on the other hand, didn’t seem to mind as much.

 

Once in a while, Yoona would feel Hye Kyo unnie giving her a particular ‘look’ which she purposely chose to ignore. But it was after dinner when they started gathering their gifts to share that Yoona started feeling more embarrassed or rather awkward.

 

They were sitting in the living area, enjoying fruit. Hye Kyo quickly sat next to Joongki so that Yoona had to resort to sitting next to Changmin. It was hard to miss the big gap that Yoona tried to create between themselves. But Yoona had an escape route when Joongki went to collect the gift that Changmin had givern him earlier.

Yoona takes the opportunity and swaps seats to plant herself next to Hye Kyo. When Joongki came back, he had to sit next to Changmin. Yoona readies her gift bags she brought over as well.

 

Hye kyo gave Yoona a leather pouch with her initials monogrammed on it. Hye Kyo was already unwrapping her gifts from Yoona before Yoona could stop her and warn her to open it alone. Hye Kyo opened the book and started reading the title

“101 reasons to get marri-“

Yoona gasped. Changmin looks over at the book warily.

 

“Unnie, that one you were supposed to open alone…” and Hye Kyo hits Yoona on the arm lightly with her book. Changmin also chuckles after making sense of the situation.

Yoona giggles cheekily. Joongki, ever so amused can’t stop laughing.
“good one Yoona”

Yoona smiles proudly “Thanks Joongki Oppa.”

She realises changmin was staring at her as if waiting for her attention. She turns to him curiously.

“I thought that was for your boyfriend.” Changmin says quietly. Yoona immediately clarifies.

“No! Unnie is the one who needs to get married soon.” In between her sentence, she couldn’t help but notice the way her blood started to rush and her nerves started to tingle. So she tries to calm herself by taking a nervous sip of her juice. But Hye Kyo jumps in and says.

“Our Yoona does not have a boyfriend.”

A realisation dawns on Changmin. But who was that he saw in Japan? Who was she searching for? His attention is broken away when Hye Kyo asks.

“She never has had. Are you interested in her?” Hye Kyo asks ever so enthusiastically. Changmin looks like a deer caught in headlights.

Yoona almost chokes on her juice. Her eyes grow wide as ever, her jaw drops before she can pull on her arm. She was about to scold her unnie and complain but all she managed to do was cough.

 Changmin chuckles nervously and diverts the attention by asking if Yoona is alright. But Yoona is too embarrassed to respond.

“Unnie!” She says.

“What? Last time I checked, he has no girlfriend. Isn’t that right Changmin”

Changmin looks around nervously before nodding with an embarrassed smile.

“See?” Hye Kyo turns to Yoona to prove her win.

“he’s just being polite. He has a girlfriend.”

“Where did you hear that one?” Joongki says, straightening up to listen carefully. Yoona almost stutters nervously.

“Everyone in the company says so.”

“Is that so?” Joongki turns amusedly to Changmin. Changmin bites his lips with a wry smile. He tugs his ear nervously.

“Well… You’ll have to ask Kyuhyun where that one came from.”

“Ah, the ever so great story generator. Of course. I should have known.” Joongki says and everyone laughs except for the still blushing and really embarrassed Yoona.

She is reeling at the fact she just learnt. But what about his first love? What about finding her? 

 

Before she realises it, Joongki has handed Hye Kyo the box to the snow dome which Changmin bought her. Hye Kyo holds up the snow dome and admires it. She passes it to Yoona, asking her whether she thinks it’s pretty as well. As soon as Yoona looks at it carefully, she hesitates. Her chest drumming at an unsettled rate. She considers her next steps.

“Thank you Changmin. You didn't have to.” Hye Kyo

“it was a request from Joongki Hyung. He’s always thinking about you.”

“aww…” Yoona teases her unnie as she hands back the snow dome.

“Shush you” Hye Kyo says. Yoona purses her lips and makes a cheeky expression.

“Let’s see what you got” Hye kyo says as she reaches for Yoona’s other bag. Yoona slaps a hand on the bag to stop Hye Kyo from reaching it. Everyone looks at Yoona, with rather alarmed and confused expressions.

She chuckles nervously.

“My one isn’t as pretty. Let’s open it next time.” Yoona says and forces a smile at the end.

“You’re making us curious Yoona” Joongki says humorously. And Hye Kyo takes the initiative to pull the bag away from Yoona to unwrap it.

As soon as she opens it, she has an impressed smile which turns into a suggestive smile.  She raises an eyebrow teasingly.

“SO that’s why…” she holds it up so that her boyfriend and Changmin can see. “Awww… you bought exactly the same one.”

“Hey what a coincidence.” Joongki exclaims.

Hye Kyo didn’t want to stop there. She wanted to make a comment, like asking Yoona “Isn’t this what you usually believe in? Fate or connection or something.” but to Yoona’s luck, Hye Kyo chooses not to.

“maybe it’s because our group went to the same few places.” Changmin helps Yoona explain.

Yoona is grateful for his evasion. 

“Yeah. Sounds about right.” She says in agreement.

 

Towards the end of the night, they decide to let the two head back home. At first Joongki offers to drive Yoona home but he feels Hye Kyo squeezing his arm. He coughs twice (not too discreetly).

“Oh I can’t drive. I had a bit too much wine before. Actually, Changmin lives in the same direction.”

“Oh that’s right! Changmin, why don’t you take Yoona home for me then?” Hye Kyo asks (in a rather rhetorical way).

Before Yoona could come up with an excuse to avoid the situation. Changmin had already agreed to it.

“I’ll take her home. Where do you live?” he says, turning to look at Yoona. She is a little confused at first.

“Oh… um, I’m actually heading back to the dormitory in Incheon. Is that too far?” She wasn’t originally planning to do so. She was originally going back to her own apartment. But this way, she was hoping that it would make him think twice (and take his word back) on driving her home. But to her surprise.

“No, I’m heading back to the dorm as well.” He wasn’t planning on going back either. But he can’t let her go back so far by herself.
“Right. Thanks” She smiles.

***

As they are heading down to the carpark, Changmin walks slower to fall in step with Yoona. But they do not talk. It is not until they are out in the open air when Yoona finally says something.

 “Thanks for that.”

“Sorry?”

“For helping me explain the snowdome situation.”

Changmin chuckles.

“I guess it’s the honourable thing to do.”

Yoona also chuckles. 

“My Unnie is a bit much isn’t she? Sorry for her awkward questions.”

“No don’t be. I guess she just wants you to be happy.” Changmin says and Yoona catches the sincerity when she turns back to look at him. She smiles gratefully, and doesn’t say anything more until they reach the car.

“You do realise that Joongki oppa didn’t have any wine tonight right?”

“I know.” Changmin says simply, while opening the car door for her and heads to the other side.

“Then how come you agreed to drive me home?” Yoona continues to ask as she slides into the car seat. The car is a clean scent and refreshing scent. It calms Yoona and she is quite comfortable with it.

Changmin’s response to her question was a shrug. She does not seem satisfied with his response. So he thinks about it carefully

“I told you. I’m heading the same way.” He says as starts turning on to the main road.

“You said earlier that you were heading back to your apartment.” Yoona simply says.

“So did you.” He replies. “it’s not too late to tell me your real destination.”

Yoona quickly averts her gaze to him in surprise.

“You said you couldn’t wait to unpack your souvenirs at home.” He elaborates. 

“Oh.” Yoona says guiltily. “Just pretend you didn’t hear it and head to the dorm please.” But she cannot let him slide. She points out the flaw to his story as well. “You said to Joongki oppa earlier that you needed to go home and feed your dog.”

He chuckles.

“you have a good memory.”

“I guess our job calls for the need to have a good memory.”

As they near a red light, changmin stops and asks. 

“So does that mean you never really forgot about…” he looks sideways at her momentarily. She stares back at him, into his eyes. “never mind” he turns and concentrates on the road again.

But she answers indirectly anyway.

“SO that person you said you were searching for, did you end up finding her?” she asks without looking at him. She scrunches her fingers a little while waiting for an answer.

Changmin is not too surprised to find that she remembers. He just needed to confirm it. 

“No.”

“So it’s true you don’t have a girlfriend.”

“As I said. Kyuhyun made the rest up.” Changmin says.

“Oh.” Yoona says, unable to find anything else to say. It was hard: finding topics to talk about on a 50 minute drive back to Incheon.

But this time, he breaks the silence.

“So did you find who you’re looking for?”

“No.” she sighs. “I don't know if I ever will.”

“But what about the guy at the address in Japan?”

“What guy?”

“At the address we went to, I saw a guy living there.”

“You went there?” she looks at him and she is unable to tell whether he is focusing on the road or avoiding her gaze.

“I… happened to pass by.”

“You thought I was looking for him?” she says rather amusedly, putting two and two together. “Not everyone is looking for their partner. There are other important people in this world” She says, almost teasingly.

“Sorry.”

“That’s ok.” She says amusedly.

“I meant I’m sorry for not turning up a year ago, in Japan.” He says.

Yoona looks out the window and avoids looking in his direction. She can feel that he is looking at her. But she can cannot show her weakness as she feels tears collecting in her eyes. So she tries to act unfazed.

“Let’s leave what’s in the past where it was left at.” She manages to say, and closes her eyes and leans her head on the head rest. For some reason she thought she was over these feelings. But after the things she had learnt of tonight, the emotions of uncovering parts of the truth are too overwhelming. It dug up a hidden pain. She thought she was over it. But she is still upset.

And changmin feels the hurt from beside her. He himself is hurt from her reaction and his own actions. So he does not press her. He squeezes his hand tighter over the steering wheel and drives on.

At some point through the trip, Yoona let the weariness from the long day carry her away. Changmin looks at her peaceful expression. It reminds him of how happier times when he had met her. He does not disturb her and allows her to sleep, even after they arrive at the dormitory. When she does wake up, he was also asleep, leaning against his window.

She giggles silently at the sight. Trying carefully not to disturb him, she closes the door carefully. But Changmin awakens just before she leaves. He opens his eyes and sees her caught in the middle of closing the door.

“sorry.” She bites her lips apologetically. “and thank you.” She points to the note she left on the passenger seat. Changmin looks down and reads it. ‘thanks for driving me back.’  

When he looks up again, she was already gone.

***

After organising his sister to collect his dog from the apartment, he heads up to the dorm to find Minho still up and a Kyuhyun sprawled across the couch.

“I thought you weren’t coming back for another day?”

“change of plans.” He says as he drops his keys into the bowl next to the door.

He heads over to sit next to Minho on the floor in front of the couch Kyuhyun was laying on.

“You look troubled.”

“Do I?”

“Are you?”

“I guess just a little bit.” Changmin turns his head half way to find Kyuhyun behind them. “how long has he been out for?”

“two hours or so had one two many cans”

“he is such a trouble maker.” Changmin says, slapping Kyuhyun on the arm – who does not react in the slightest way. It is revenge for how he slapped him while he was drunk last time and recorded it. It is also revenge for how he spread so many rumours and caused quite a few misunderstandings.

 ***

Yoona finds herself looking at Sunny and Hyoyeon as she makes it through the door. They both have face masks on, lying on the couch.

“Yoona? I thought you headed home.” Sunny says, holding up a mask for Yoona to use.

“Yeah I did, then I came back.”

“But it doesn’t look like you emptied any of your baggage at all…” Hyoyeon points out. Yoona gives them a tired smile.

“yeah I didn’t. I’ll go back tomorrow.” She says. “thanks unnie. But I’m too tired today.” Yoona says to Sunny’s offer of a mask.

Yoona needed a break to process everything that happened today. It is taking a toll on her emotionally and she hopes to come to the end of it soon.