Chapter One - A promise

On My Way

Hi my lovely readers

Here's the first chapter.

Thank you to all of those that subscribed

Hope this doesn't disappoint

********

 

Entering the SM Town lobby together with her colleagues Yoona straightens her uniform while replacing her previous laugh into a reserved smile. She tugs at her crew pass hanging from the lanyard ready to scan. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung also tone down their excitement, remembering that they are in uniform, they are representing their airline SM Airways. As they pass through the barriers, they are greeted not only by the sunlight shining through the glass ceiling or the indoor trees lining the length of the hall, but the familiar faces of other flight crew and ground staff members.

“I know I know, I’ll race you down the slope the next time, loser needs to do the dishes for a month.” Sooyoung continues her talk on their Hokkaido plans. Her suitcase rolls along behind her as she tows it effortlessly while in carefree conversation.  

“But that will have to wait to next year now that the snow is saying goodbye. We’ll see” the shorter blonde girl is up to the challenge, surprisingly keeping up with the long legged slim creature. “Yoona, you’re witness.” Yoona, who was previously distracted, only tunes into the conversation at Hyoyeon’s mention of her name. She decides to roll her eyes and laugh off the moment. She reminds herself her original intentions of the trip, meaning that she will be required to focus.  After all, she had been waiting for this opportunity of roster change. Stray thoughts are not welcome to ruin her first trip on this route.

Her original hopes of her long time search were shifted away from the long haul countries she was previously assigned to. Now that she would be able to have more frequent trips over to Japan, it provided her refreshment and reminder of the purpose she began her career. Her sister had told her of an auntie living over there, to her it meant one thing… hope.  She zones back into the conversation, the unnies were on a topic about comfortable shoes. But try not getting distracted by those anxious thoughts - not just ‘what should I eat for lunch anxious’ but- of something you have been anticipating for as long as you can remember, and you can just see it about to happen. It is almost impossible, even for Yoona despite her determination to remain professional during her trip. Professional She reminds herself. Professional like the rest of her colleagues.

“Hey ladies” Siwon greets casually, lifting a few fingers away from his coffee cup, his other hand securing his briefcase with his hat tucked comfortably under his arm. His smile is friendly and genuine. But what else could he offer to his…. Yoona peeks at Sooyoung for any change in expression. Her smile is professional and Yoona is relieved not that she was expecting less from her unnie. It was her first love anyway. How can any girl be insensitive to anything that relates to it. But Yoona sees beneath the mask. Hyoyeon is oblivious.

“Morning Siwon ssi” Hyoyeon pipes up enthusiastically.

“Morning” Yoona reciprocates in a more genuine way. Sooyoung just nods politely with a smile across her face. Both the girls noticed the way Sooyoung’s lips opened slightly like she was about to say something just when…  

“Morning!” the male voice calla in a more playful tone. Sooyoung’s glossed lips press together again, firmer when she recognises who it is. The girls look forward past Siwon to find another pilot running to catch up with their exchange subject. Coffee in his hand, his briefcase somehow not knocking into the side of his leg, his blazer folded and hanging on his arm. He has his usual ‘I am up to no good’ grin. Yoona and Hyoyeon greet with laughter in their tone

“Hello Kyuhyun ssi” that grin remains plastered on his face. And Sooyoung refrains from narrowing her eyes in distaste. He notices that Sooyoung has yet to reply, and scans her from top to bottom, he raises his eyebrows playfully

“Pretty lady not feeling good in the morning?” he buttons his jacket. Sooyoung’s expression darkens (as if it was not dark enough already). Her jaw clenches. She surveys him from bottom to top. Standing at her full height, (not that she was not already in heels) she stares him down. Even Siwon from beside Kyuhyun feels the force of it, and gulps at the intensity. Yoona glances at the source of force. Is Unnie venting all those hidden emotions onto Kyuhyun ssi or is it just his character getting on her nerves? Yoona gambles on the latter. But it could possibly be a mixture of both. Yoona catches Hyoyeon’s attention asking for help with the briefest roll of her eye towards Sooyoung.

“Ahaha…” Hyoyeon laughs awkwardly “she’s practising for a staring contest we were to have tonight. Now if we don’t head down to the terminal, we’d be late. And they’re going to be mad at us. Don’t want to ruin the mood right?” she laughs again pulling Sooyoung’s arm. Yoona catches the last of her sentence and realises how funny it sounds but decides to reserve the laughter for another occasion. Way to go unnie. Completely convincing.

***

“Ma’am may I offer you some coffee or tea?” Yoona smiles at the passenger who cannot help but reciprocate the gesture while accepting the beverage.

“Here you go. Enjoy your flight” she finishes with the last customer in the aisle and carries her tray back to the galley. As she pulls open the curtain, she is surprised by her tall colleague leaning her body against the wall. She stops her gasp just before it manages to escape her lips, and alternatively presses a hand to her chest

“Unnie” purposely suppressing her voice to an undertone.

“I can’t believe we have to fly with him” Sooyoung’s face is sullen and tired when she folds her arms and straightens up.

“Who? Siwon ssi?” Yoona asks, knowing perfectly well she won’t be referring to their captain Kangta.

“No…” she almost surpasses a normal tone “the other guy” and there is a frown of something close to disgust.

“Unnie, why are you so against him?” Yoona watches as Sooyoung’s eyebrows crease deeper

“I don’t really know actually…” she mumbles while staring at the carpet behind Yoona. But she suddenly looks up, with energy again “But don’t you agree he is such a shifty person? I don’t know… like there’s nothing right about him” her expression flits from confusion to distaste again.  Yoona covers her amused giggle while nodding a little as she places her empty tray down on the counter.

“He’s… different…” Yoona struggles to find the right word and shrugs while offering a lopsided smile “but you should try to be fair unnie, he didn’t do you wrong or anything”

“Hasn’t. Not yet” Sooyoung corrects Yoona just as the curtain from first class is pulled slightly aside as their inflight service manager, Go Ara enters.

“Girls, here are the orders from the cockpit. I need one of you to please do it for me” she hands the note to them and heads to economy to check on their crew colleagues, Suho and Hyoyeon.

Yoona takes the slip of paper out of Sooyoung’s fingers.

“Well, looks like Hyoyeon unnie and I would have to do most of it for the time being” She sighs, feigning disapproval, earning a nudge from Sooyoung.

As Yoona is pouring out orange juice, Sooyoung suddenly asks

“Still looking?” there’s a smile but Sooyoung can see the sadness in Yoona’s eyes as she turns to face her.

“Unnie, you know I’m never going to give up.”

“But Yoona, the world is just so big…”

“You girls know that that’s exactly the reason I’m here. It’s a greater chance than staying in one place.” 

“Have you found the other thing yet?” but Yoona just shakes her head slowly.
“I’m looking for it at the same time”

“And you still believe that that brief message on the notice board at headquarters would help you find it?”

“Well, if the person did find it…they would know” Yoona smiles and Sooyoung rolls her eyes seeing that her friend still might be finding another person connected by fate (and Sooyoung – like the rest of her dorm mates do - secretly hopes it will be a guy).

“You and your faith in fate. Never changes.” Yoona nudges Sooyoung to step past her.

“You know me” she smiles at her friend before carrying the tray towards the cockpit as Sooyoung holds the curtain open for her.

***

With their height and long legs, they pace quickly along the footpath.

“Unnie, I’d have to stick with you today. Out of the whole crew, only you are fluent enough in Japanese.”

“If we were in China, you’d be taking Hyoyeon with you and she wouldn’t just be hanging around in the gym.” She has a point there…Yoona thinks to herself while smiling. She turns her head once more back towards the direction of where they came from.

“Unnie… what you did back there…” Yoona’s voice was barely audible with a nearby bus puffing gas out with a screech as it pulls up next to a stop behind them. But Sooyoung is able to hear her nevertheless.

“Why? You feel sorry for him?” Sooyoung’s tone is almost accusative. Yoona sneaks a look at her before giving her an unsure answer.

“No…?” Yoona lies uncertainly.  

“Well I need to teach him a lesson for messing with me”

“It was a bad joke, you could’ve had a slaying comeback if you weren’t taken aback by it.” and just then they catch some indistinct Korean phrase amongst the bustling crowd. In fact it was yelling

“YAH CHOI SOOYOUNG!” and this time they were able to catch it. They step to the side of the sidewalk and search behind them. As they spot the figure running towards them as the bus from earlier departs from the stop, Yoona is about to grab Sooyoung’s arm and run, but the taller has other ideas. Sooyoung stays rooted on the spot: determined, she takes her gloved hands out of her coat pockets, crosses her arms and stands at her full height.

Yoona taps Sooyoung gently on the arm, the latter only gives her a reassuring look.

“WHY did you point me in the opposite direction?” His voice is only half angry. And Yoona senses that he is not as bad a person as Sooyoung thinks. But she is oblivious of course, only scoffing before replying. 

“What direction? Well if you were better at Japanese you wouldn’t have any trouble right?”

“It’s not my fault I am only fluent in my mother tongue”

“Well then catch a taxi if you’re so good” she points generally at the passing yellow cabs. “But even then, the Mr taxis most probably won’t stop for you”

“unnie.” Yoona calls, while tapping her hand furiously. Kyuhyun merely ignores her insult and folds his arms

“Look lady, I am trying to find a friend whom I have not seen for ages,”

“Do you even have an—“ Yoona covers Sooyoung’s mouth and smiles at Kyuhyun

“Don’t worry about her”

“Yoona ssi, if I were you, I would be careful of your friend” he advises, while eyeing Sooyoung. “You never know what might happen to you.” Sooyoung is about to open when Kyuhyun interjects by continuing.

“Because of you, I ended up having to travel to the last stop to find out that my destination is on the complete opposite side of the city. I even woke up extra early and skipped breakfast!” Kyuhyun complains, his volume going louder and louder. Yoona has no choice but to hide her sympathy as she feels Sooyoung losing her control on containing her simmering irritation.

“So.” He stops pointedly. Yoona looks from Kyuhyun to Sooyoung. “You’re going to help me find my friend.” With her arms still crossed, Sooyoung merely scoffs. But then she realises that he was being serious.

“Why should I?” but Yoona whispers into her ear.

“The poor guy went all the way to the last bus stop, because of you Unnie. He’s just trying to find his friend” She reasons quietly, trying not to notice the triumph already on the verge of his lips. And Yoona somehow reaches the normal Sooyoung – the one who was kind-hearted and reasonable because she agrees, after giving Yoona a ‘what about you’ look.

“I think I can manage. You taught me enough Japanese to get me around” she smiles reassuringly.

“Kyuhyun ssi, please take care of my unnie for me”

“I’m the one who needs to be careful Yoona ssi” he jokes as Sooyoung stretches her long limb out to hail a taxi. 

As the taxi drives off, Yoona continues along the street to find her bus stand. As she takes out her map, she realises that she is other than being able to speak an ample amount of phrases, she is illiterate in kanji. She sighs, her arms dropping at her sides tiredly. A sound reaches her eyes and touches her heart. It is the voice of a child

“Umma” she’s crying. “Umma where are you?!” Yoona finds a little girl with her hands over her eyes, and open gasping for air next to the fountain in the town square. She is frozen for a few moments before she is able to break free of her own thoughts and mental voices as she runs over to the little child. Kneeling down, her soothing voice manages to reduce the child’s heartbreaking wailing into sobs.

“It’s alright. It’s alright. Unnie will help you find umma. Okay?” she caresses the smooth hair of the girl and smiles – one that is mixed with something else.

“Now, what is your name?”

“Sa-rang” the little girl says, swallowing in between the sobs.  

Yoona produces a tissue out of her bag and wipes the tears off her face

“Sarang-i, do you remember what umma was wearing?”  

“White coat”

“Does she have short hair or long hair?” the little girl nods while showing her with her hands

“very very pretty long hair”

“Oh… no wonder why Sarang is so pretty too” she giggles making sarang smile. She stands up, holding out her hand to the little girl. “Don’t worry Sarang, We’ll find her.” She reassures the ltitle girl and subconsciously squeezes Sarang’s hand a little tighter.

Sarang gives a timid but trusting nod.

“Now Sarang-I, where were you and mummy before?”

Sarang points to the place behind a row of trees. It looks like a market place.

“Umma said to stay still when I can’t find her. But I got scared. There were too many people. So I saw the pretty water and came here. But then Umma was gone”

 “Your umma must be so worried trying to look for you” there is a subtle shiver that runs through her as she says this but she brushes it past her thoughts. She spots a young man sitting nearby on a bench reading a book near the fountain and approaches bravely while leading Sarang. Just as she is about to open , she realises she must speak in Japanese… so just when the male looks up from his book and stares curiously at her, Yoona has an embarrassed smile. She swallows and tries her best to express herself in the foreign language – trying ot recall as many words Sooyoung had taught her. But all she remembers are the foods she usually orders. She curses her glutton conscience and finally begins to talk when Sarang calls her

“unnie?”

The male looks curiously at the girl and then stares back at Yoona. She just realises that his eyes are a bit more deep and mysterious like he was able to read her thoughts. But finally she bows and begins

“um… excuse me, have you … seen… lady? White jacket?” she gestures the length of long hair and says “hair”  she points at sarang cautiously with her other hand blocking the little girl so that she does not really notice. “mum?”

He bows back and gives an apologetic, kind smile. 

“Sorry” he replies in Japanese. “I haven’t seen her” But just as Yoona bows to thank him, hurrying to move on because of Sarang’s expression and squeezing little hand, she hears it. The call is desperate and relieved at the same time

“Sarang ah!” Sarang immediately turns around.

“UMMA!” she screams, and pulls Yoona towards her mother as her mother also comes towards them. Sarang’s mother immediately bends down and swoops her into her arms. Her hand caressing the back of Sarang’s  head tenderly. She is clinging onto her daughter with her dear life.

“Where were you?! You scared Umma”

“Umma Sarang was very scared too” She turns around at tries to find Yoona’s eyes but her hands were in the way at the moment. The mother looks up and acknowledges her.

“Unnie helped me find you, umma” She tries to tell her mum when she is hugging her mum’s legs as her mother straightens up and immediately bowed at Yoona. Yoona was in the middle of doing the same thing.

“thank you. Thank you so much” the mother still has not gone to the point to wipe her tear stains.  Yoona smiles and sniffs, biting back the tears threatening to fall.

“As long as you found each other.” She manages. “I didn’t do much” she looks from sarang to her mother, adn how relieved they look back together. And she hides with the back of her hand as she looks away into the comforting mid-morning sky for consolation and as a distraction as she cannot bear to look any longer.

***

Changmin continues watching in silence, the scene that just happened in front of the fountain, in front of his eyes. But other than the two in reunion, he catches the young lady subtly ridding the evidence of her crying, wiping her tears with her fingers. He tilts his head, momentarily in thought and realises that the girl had just turned back around to his direction. She almost slaps the back of her hand over as she bites her lips as if she was in pain. He watches on as she looks up at the sky, but even that is unable to help so she has to shut her eyes to force the swelling tears out. When she opens her eyes, he finds her staring right back at him, and she blinks twice before turning away and walking to a nearby seat in slight embarrassment.

 Immediately, he (pretends to) resume(s) his reading – although not exactly following the words. He tries to reassure himself that he was not staring. But he cannot help but take another peek finding her fanning herself as she tries to take deep breaths.

After a while of absent-minded staring into at her hands and Changmin in his part pretending to read (yet staying on the same page), when Changmin looks up the next time the girl is now frowning at a rather large piece of paper he assumes is a map.

Just when he swallows, nearing the end of the page without really absorbing the any of the words, he feels that presence again, and he catches a wisp of fragrance in which he is unable to identify which floral source it was from.

He finally looks up. And there she is standing in front of him with a nervous smile plastered on her face as she stands about a metre away from him. She bows, her light brown hair following the motion.

***

It’s the eyes. Eyes matching the colour of his dark hair she notes as he looks up. Somehow, she cannot bring herself too close. Because she feels that if she does step too close, she would just end up lost in his gaze. But she does not admit it. Other than that, she is surprisingly not scared of him, her alertness is shut down, her senses telling her to trust this person. (And hopefully that he would have forgotten her little episode just now). What she does not trust is her tongue when venturing in Japanese language or her nerves when she is approaching the need to speak it.

“Excuse me…” she says, her voice a little shaky and nasally (from all the crying). Her smile is still there despite the redness around her eyes and evident remaining glow of tears in her eyes. And it stays even when she is taken aback as he stands up from his seat (in which he has not left since he sat down with his coffee an hour ago). He stands next to her to look at the map she is holding. Her finger is shaking when she points at where she wants to go and she is uncertain whether the shock of emotion has not yet subsided or whether it is her nerves. He leans closer to her to see the spot she is pointing to.

“Bus?” she points to the bus stands marking the street equidistantly. He turns his head to see the direction she is pointing.

“Ah~” he makes a sound of acknowledgement. And Yoona sighs in relief. She wouldn’t have to approach another person and speak her awkward phrases again.

“You go to that stand. And take this bus” she notices the way he breaks his sentence up, hoping that will help her understand better – Yoona is embarrassed and sorry for it but it still isn’t helping. But now he is writing a number on the page. His finger is pointing at one of the stands distinctively and says the number at the same time.   His eyes find hers as if asking whether she is alright. Yoona smiles confidently this time, understanding and bows to him, thanking him in the best Japanese she can manage.

The bus is packed with people and Yoona wonders whether she should have just risked taking a taxi. Especially now that she realised that she still does not know the address nor what the area she’s supposed to get off at looks like. She hangs on to the rail tightly as her thoughts cloud her mind even more. But if she managed to survive all the other foreign countries, would it be so hard? But then again, she was usually travelling with her friends, especially the fluent English speakers Jessica and Tiffany.

Just when she thinks about how much she misses her friends, the bus suddenly brakes too hard. The driver presses the horn and other cars on the road reciprocate. Yoona’s grip was a little loose when she loses balance off the bottom step near the back of the bus and she plummets. She feels the inertia and force already adn closes her eyes, just about to make a noise. But she does not feel any pain. The only sensation are her warming cheeks from embarrassment, and warm material of a coat. She realises she’s actually against something, and sturdy arms wrap around her own arms. Before she is able to come to her senses, she is placed back on her feet. Turning to find the person who had caught her, she locates those deep eyes again. And she somehow settles down, the adrenaline receding back to where they came from.

“Thank you” she says in fluent Japanese. He merely nods with wide eyes – not unlike a deer asking with them whether she is alright. Yoona frowns down at nowhere in particular (ensuring she is not looking at him). Her lips form a subtle pout while trying to fight the questions burning in her mind. And Changmin smiles, he hides that heavy puff of air from his nostrils – keeping his amusement from showing by looking out the window.

As the bus clears, he manages to take a seat behind her. From the corner of his eye he watches her stare curiously at the streetscape of the area. Just when Yoona brings out her phone looks down and looks up with furrowed eyebrows at the nearby street sign,

Changmin reaches his arm just in front of her and presses the button. He taps her on the shoulder and points at the door. When the bus stops this time, Yoona makes sure her stance is sturdy enough saving herself from a second time embarrassment.

As he follows her off the bus, she realises something she hadn’t admitted to wondering before. But decides to focus on finding what she needs to first.

She shows him the address on her phone and gives him a pleading look. In a flash, he is searching the address on his own phone. As she tiptoes to have a look at the screen, he brings it down and points the address on the map saturated with Japanese labels. She looks up once again with her lost expression, holding onto her neck.

Changmin takes that time her confusion sinks in to put his hands into his pocket and begin explaining

“What that means is that we will have to turn cross the road, go to the second street, and turn left at the next street.” Yoona nods as he speaks patiently. She stops nodding, the guy was already watching her and was waiting for her to realise. slowly drops open and a frown creeps onto her facial features. She gasps suddenly and points accusatorily at his chest, still hanging in disbelief.

“You speak Korean! And you knew I was Korean all along!” the gentle smirk answers her along with the shrug he offers.

“I’m Korean, of course I speak Korean.”

“you knew I was struggling with Japanese so horribly and stumbling with the words” She gasps turning around dramatically gasping for air while walking a few steps ahead to fan herself. She buries her face into her two hands.  And Changmin takes this as an opportunity to silently laugh.

“Did you want to find that address or what?” and Yoona gives him a helpless and angry glare. HE holds out his hand,

“Nice to meet you too” she doesn’t take it, instead putting her hands in her own pockets after fixing her scarf and heads to the traffic light first.

“it’s not nice to meet you” she mutters under her breath as she walks ahead. And Changmin is glad that this new acquaintance he has met has perhaps somewhat recovered from her distracted unsettled self. She turns around almost catching Changmin surprise. He retracts the gentle smile that spread across his features immediately.

“thank you very much, I’ll know my way now” she says as she backs towards one fo the set of pedestrian lights. Changmin frowns and nods slowly – unconvinced. He walks over to the adjacent set of pedestrian lights

“and that should mean you’d be pressing the button to cross this road” he points to his right and presses the button to indicate he is ready to cross. He folds his arms and stares down, expectant and watching her reaction amusedly.

“what?” she asks as she waits.

“I can’t trust you” Yoona picks up the offence in that remark and retorts

“Nor I you, and why should I?”

“Because I’m the greatest hope you have.” He states as a matter of fact. Yoona subconsciously agrees, knowing there is little chance of her finding her way around. She hesitates, studying him cautiously for a few moments.

The light turns green for the pedestrian crossing.

“So are you going to trust me?” He says as he places his hands in his pockets. Before he hears the mutter fo an answer, Yoona walks past him and crosses the road before him.

‘I have no other choice do I?”

***

“DID you even call to check if your friend is at home?” The long legged girl wrapped in a trench coat leaning on the property fence calls to the guy helplessly jabbing his finger at the doorbell. Kyuhyun turns around and gives her a threatening glare. But Sooyoung continues shouting reprimands and insults knowing fully well the neighbourhood won’t be able to understand her.

“Do you even use that brain of yours? Or do you even have one?”

Kyuhyun clenches his teeth and mutters under his breath

“Yah Shim Changmin, I am going to kill you” he mutters as he digs into his pocket for his phone. He handles it aggressively as he presses the contact number and places the phone next to his ear. Just as he hears the Japanese greeting, he fires in

“Shim Changmin you jerk. Why are you not at home?”

“Why would I need to be?” the voice answers the question with another.

“Because I’m visiting you? Where the hell are you?!” Kyuhyun asks with a hint of murderous emotion as he hears Sooyoung say something about needing brain surgery and wasting her time.

HE grunts at the response he receives.  

“I’ll deal with you later” he hangs up just when he hears Sooyoung threaten leaving him here.

“Gee! I’m coming!”

***

Changmin looks around his surroundings and shrugs,

“You tell me” knowing fully well that even if he tried telling his mate where he was, he would have no clue which direction it would be. He holds his phone about two centimetres away from his ear from the moment he heard the response on the receiving end. His eyes drift towards the girl mesmerising herself with one of the bare trees and his lips curl up, not really absorbing what was being said through the phone. He makes an indistinct sound and pulls his phone away after realising that there was no more sound from Kyuhyun.

He walks up next to Yoona, who does not remove her eyes from her point of focus even after he announces his presence.

“Spring’s near isn’t it?” she says dreamily. Somehow he thinks he knows what she might be referring to. Funnily enough, although they started off on a bit of an edge, they managed to settle this comfortably.  She looks at him and smiles at his blank look.

“Never mind” she says as she turns around and continues walking

“The sakura trees only stay in full bloom for a week” and her feet stop in her tracks. She turns slowly, her eyes meeting his adn there is this daze for who knows how long when they feel time may have frozen a little. Then her ringtone intrudes the moment, everything falls apart again. She laughs,

“Sorry” as she picks up. He merely shrugs and keeps his hands inside his coat pockets while looking at the same place she was when his communication device had disrupted.

“Sooyoung unnie?”

“Yah Yoona yah, where are you?’ I need to get away from this person.” The voice in the receiver begins. Yoona can’t help but giggle. Changmin looks over at her, watching how her eyes smile in a mismatched fashion.

“unnie hang in there. I’m still looking for the place, I’ll come back as soon as I’m done neh?”

“alright alright.”

Just as they settle back into their comfort atmosphere, Changmin asks

“So you’re looking for someone?” he asks curiously.

She looks up and instead of hesitating,

“I’m looking for someone important to me. And this is one of my biggest hopes right now.” She sighs “But it’s hard to explain…

“No, I get it.” Something in his tone makes Yoona look up. There is no sign of playfulness, sarcasm or irritation but rather a seriousness. She catches a glimpse of his downcast eyes in a sentimental look that somehow makes her heart muscle clench. “I’m looking for someone important to me as well.” Although he has a smile, there is a sadness that touches her.

And there is just silence. 

**************************************************************************************************

Background facts about the company

SM airways is a corporate airline company established by chairman Mr Lee Soo Man. The company experienced difficulty recruiting new cabin crew during a period of time due to the mismanagement under the CEO which the chairman entrusted. After stepping up again, Mr Lee successfully restructured the company to bring it to its major airline status it has now. During the early stages of restructuring, some of the recruitment members of the first training cohort were hired despite having not met the minimum guidelines for arm reach length. This was prior to the mandated rule for new recruitment members. So don't be surprised if you find girls who may seem a little vertically challenged, but their spirit is just as tall. 

Due to their renowned training programs and exceptional systems of work, SM often takes in interns from other airline companies for periods of time. 

SM TOWN is a building complex which serves as the headquarters for all employees based in Seoul. The building complex includes three ten storey office buildings, a staff hotel for crew layovers from other cities, a flight training facility as well as a training school for safety. You may also find in the building a leisure centre with pool and gym staff as well as an SM library. The main building is lined with restaurants and cafes. These facilities are all available to SM staff with their electronic