identity

Hear His Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] ➵ identity [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Yeri moved out of her rental flat and lived with them ever since. This is because she now knows their secret - that they are not normal human beings. At first, accommodation was a real concern. Sure it was a cool house, a large house. But there's five guys (yeah yeah two vampires, two werewolves and a hybrid - still guys) and there's exactly five rooms. Mark offered to give up his room to her, reasoning that he originally had the lowest status amongst them five. But Yeri rejected his kind gesture. No matter what, adopted or not, he still is royalty and is just isn't nice to just take his room anyhow. So Yeri found herself sharing a room with the royal hybrid himself. It was the most logical. His bed is the largest. It fits exactly two people, and that was also the reason why the guys had put Yeri on his bed the day she found out about their real identites and passed out. Everyone else has beds that fit one person. Not that their beds are small, it's bigger than the usual single beds but it made more sense to use Taeyong's. Given his status, his room is also the largest. He even had a spare closet that Yeri could use. And a private toilet in his room in which Taeyong cleared his things and gave that up to her, using the other two toilets that the rest of them use. Then there were the worries: what if Taeyong loses control suddenly and kills Yeri? That definitely horrified Yeri. However, Doyoung reasoned that there is time before he goes crazy where he's transforming to his hybrid form and still has ability to think straight. So it is not an issue because Taeyong can just run away from her or Yeri can realise something is weird and alert the others and leave.

Then there's the issue with the room sharing. For the first week, Taeyong actually slept on the floor despite Yeri's constant protests that she would sleep on the floor instead. In the end, they just shared a bed instead. It was awkward and all, especially since she made a boundary kinda line with a blanket in the middle so he wouldn't cross and made her feel even more uncomfortable. But then they stopped having the blanket boundary thing and got a lot more comfortable with each other. Sometimes, Taeyong would purposely reveal his fangs when lying on the bed facing her just to play a prank on her. The first time he did that, Yeri screamed and shouted for help. But as she got closer to all five of them and got used to their vampire/werewolf/hybrid talk, she knew how it is before Taeyong goes crazy. Three months living with them where she saw Taeyong go crazy four times, Yeri knows exactly what sequence of change there is in his appearance and how Taeyong acts just before it happens. Him teasing her by showing his fangs to her sometimes just before they both fall a sleep, making a low growling sound at her, never made her scream anymore. Instead, she giggles and tries to imitate him to his amusement.

The first time Yeri experienced him going crazy right from the start, she was so frightened. Even more than the first time she was dragged in kicking and screaming. She had only ever seen a calm Taeyong in his hybrid form when he was lying in bed resting next to her the first time. However, when Yeri first saw him at full force, slashing at his friends, growling like a wild beast, he was almost unrecognisable. It wasn't the teasing growl he would make from time to time but the growl of someone who wants to kill. He attacks everyone in sight, including Yeri. While three of them fought a wild and angry Taeyong, Ten managed to get her out of the house safely. He then sealed the house away, like how Jaehyun did the first time, for suddenly Yeri found herself no longer standing in front of their house but in the middle of a forest. There was no one at all and she was alone and confused, not daring to move and wander off. There was silence. She stood around the area and sure enough about an hour or so later, their house reappeared out of nowhere and the forest was gone. Mark came out to fetch me back in, still in his vampire form. Yeri was a little surprised to see him like that at first but quickly calmed herslef down. She went to see Taeyong and sure enough, he was in his room, completely knocked out and asleep - just like that first time. Yeri heard a noise and walked out of the room, just in time to see the other four use their powers to turn everything in the house that was damaged back to normal. Taeyong woke up about another hour later, back to normal.

A week into her stay, Yeri asked them how they survive without killing people and drinking their blood. They had all looked at her in horror, explaining that creatures from their clan, Idyllic, do not actually kill human for their blood to survive. They believe in not harming the human beings and in fact will protect them when those of Rogue try to capture them. They've trained to survive on other food and not just blood, which is why they can actually survive in the human world. They sort of act like one. Mark had added saying that there's always animal blood. This is because for pure vampires like him and Doyoung, they do still need some form of blood every now and then. So when it is necessary, the two vampires would out the animal blood while the two werewolves would devour the meat... while Taeyong would be unconscious either due to the four of them battling him yet again or just one of his frequent passing out. But if he's awake, he can eat both.

To get Yeri used to their transformed forms, Ten, Doyoung, Jaehyun and Mark showed her their vampire/werewolf forms several times. They would transform in front of her eyes to make her more familiar. She didn't know why they had to do that for her. After all, her getting a mini heart attack everytime she sees them like that (and even more when Taeyong transforms), is none of their business. No matter how used to it she thinks she is, their non-human appearance still gets her surprised and afraid from time to time. She knew she was only living with them because she knows their secret. Nothing much about it at all. But they are really nice and probably just wanted to make her stay as comfortable as possible.

 

"You know, Yeri..." Taeyong says, after he woke up from the fifth time she saw him go crazy, as she helps him with his clothes. "Hmm?" she hummed in reply as she hands him a stack of neatly folded clean clothes. He takes it and turns, putting it into his closet.

"...You know quite a bit about me... But I don't know much about you?" He turns back to face her. She frowns for a moment, thinking, and opens to reply him, saying, "I'm Yeri. I'm 21 this year. I work as a trainee event planner at - "

"- yeah and I'm Taeyong, I'm 23 this year and I'm a royal hybrid." He says, cutting her off with a serious face and then proceeding to laugh. "I know that already. Tell me something else." He grins as he reaches his hands out for the second pile of clothes. Yeri takes them from his bed and passes it to him. He turns his back to her once again as he packs everything in neatly.

"I... I... I'm an orphan. I don't have parents. At least, I don't know them. That's why I don't have a surname. I... I was abandoned." She chokes out. It wasn't so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter