Relish

Anew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice.

  A gleeful smile was plastered on my face as I walked away from Baekhyun with my hands linked with Yixing's. When we were no longer within earshot, I turned to Yixing and let out a squeal that was girlier than intended.

  "Did you see the look on Baekhyun's face?" I laughed heartily as I recalled the event that took place minutes ago, the look on Baekhyun's face when I told him that Yixing is my boyfriend was simply priceless. At that moment, I felt powerful knowing that I, too, could have that effect on Baekhyun. For once, I didn't feel defenceless around Baekhyun. Back then, he was the one who would and could render me weak so to realise that I was able to do that to him too brought upon a triumphant feeling in my heart. 

  I shook myself out of my thoughts and looked up, only to find Yixing looking at me with an unreadable gaze, he was chewing on his lower lip and the dimple on his right cheek was as visible as his inner conflict. From the time I knew Yixing, he always wore his heart on his sleeve but refused to voice his innermost feelings whenever I asked. Come to think of it, I was the one who constantly sought solace and reassurance from Yixing but never once was I given the chance to reciprocate the sensitivity and care he never once failed to show me.

  The memory of the day we met will always be deeply etched in my heart.

  I was in the newly opened bookstore in my neighbourhood and Yixing happened to be the cashier. Being an avid fan of reading, I had bravely decided to ask him for recommendations since he worked there. Instead of answering my question, he bluntly replied that he was a cashier and was only there for the money, not because of his neverending love for books but strangely, he recommended me a few titles anyway. I found him rather odd but his honesty was like a breath of fresh air. From then on, I would strike up conversations with him whenever I visited the bookstore and our friendship naturally bloomed after that. We became inseparable, attached to each other by the hip. 

  I felt a pang in my heart as I recall the days where Yixing and I used to spend almost every second together, we would walk to school, eat lunch, study and go home together, but all that changed when he got himself a girlfriend. She replaced me in everything we did together and thus I was left to pretty much myself. I didn't really mind though, our alma mater had a rooftop with a stunning view of the city and that became my second home after Yixing got into a relationship. We still hung out, but only once in a blue moon when his girlfriend allowed him to. Yixing's then-girlfriend pretty much hated my guts to the point where she refused to look in my direction whenever we passed by each other in the school's hallways and while I've never agreed with the way she dealt with things, I understood why. It was one's natural instincts to feel protective over their partner, right?

  However, there was always this nagging question at the back of my mind, did Yixing agree with her? He never once defended me whenever she made snide remarks about me indirectly in class. He would apologise profusely on her behalf when she wasn't around and I would brush it off time and again explicitly stating that I was okay with it and that he shouldn't have to feel sorry about it. However, I couldn't deny that deep down inside my heart, till this day, I wished that he actually said something about it to her face. In conclusion, it hurt.

  A few months later, Yixing and I were back to how we used to be, I found it weird and I was afraid that his girlfriend would send multiple fighter bots to attack me, but I later found out that they had broken up. When I asked Yixing why they broke up, the only answer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter