Chapter 5

Princely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's the new chap~ The names of Yoongi's parents and the Park family were all randomly chosen by me, and I used the honorific -ssi because I don't know how royals address each other in Korea. 

Cliffhanger O_O 

Don't kill me please LOL :D 

~ --------------------------------- ~

Eventually though, the fun came to an end when Seokjin saw the guards switching shifts, indicating that it was close to evening, and alerted his friends. “It’s time, Yoongi. We have to go in.”

Yoongi shifted back into his human form, nudging Namjoon to do the same, before the three dressed and headed in once again. As expected, Yoongi’s tailor was waiting for him near the back entrance of the palace, grinning widely at the boys’ unkempt appearance while he ushered them in quickly and strolled into the dressing room. “Alright. It’s almost 5, so we have half-an-hour, at most, before Yoongi has to be escorted out. We have to do your hair as well, though your mother wants to take care of that, ahh…Let’s get started.”

Youngjae pulled out the set of clothes the prince was to be dressed in and got to work undressing Yoongi. After the prince slipped on the trousers, the tailor eased him into the form-fitting tunic, making sure the attire stayed undamaged before smoothing out any creases or wrinkles showing on the silky fabric, cautiously doing up each button until it looked perfect. Afterwards, Youngjae draped him in the overcoat, buttoning the lone button at the collar before turning the prince to face the floor-length mirror. “Wow, it fits much better than last time, Youngjae hyung,” Jin praised in wonderment, admiring how the fabric seemed like a second skin, “Did you make alterations on the tunic even though you said it looked alright at the time?”

The tailor smiled at the curious young man and replied, “Yes, I did. How clever of you to catch onto that. Yoongi seemed in no mood to discuss the fit of the clothing, so I decided to trust my experienced eye to make sure it suited him perfectly. And thank god it did, or it would’ve turned out a disaster today.” He clucked his tongue at the implications before analyzing Yoongi’s figure. “Hmmm, everything is laying exactly how I imagined so I think the robes should be left alone. Your Highness, mind that you don’t spill on your clothes please… again; this material is not meant for heavy wear, unlike the other robes I have prepared for you, so do try to calm your habits. Yoongi rolled his eyes at the admonishment but grudgingly nodded as he had no other choice tonight. “Jewelry, my dears. Jin, would you like to pick out a few chains for our prince, hmm? Namjoon-ah can keep him company while we discuss these matters.” Within a second, both men disappeared into the adjoining room, which, Yoongi had only recently figured out, held an assortment of precious jewelry imported from across the globe.

As Namjoon and Yoongi conversed about what more they could possibly shove onto Yoongi’s body, the two males came out of the room with disturbingly large smiles, the tailor holding a long, thankfully simple, gold chain while Jin held an assortment of rings, bracelets, and earrings. “Seriously?” the heir whined, “Just because I don’t mind wearing some jewelry doesn’t mean you should pile them on me! This girl’s going to think I’m made of money at this rate.”

“Well… you kind of are.”

“I knew there was a reason you became friends with me,” the heir chuckled playfully at his eldest friend, allowing them both to embellish him however they pleased. Jin had made sure to bring different styles of each accessory, so that Yoongi could choose for himself which he would prefer to wear, so he laid out the assortment of objects on the table near the lengthy mirror and gestured for his friend to have a look. Yoongi took in the amount of jewelry laid out before him and slowly picked the ones he liked, resulting in a leather bracelet braided around a piece of shimmering metal engraved with his name, and a golden ring embedded with aquamarine stones surrounding his family’s crest; the earrings chosen happened to be small diamond studs which sat very nicely in the unevenly numbered piercings on each ear, pulling together a beautiful ensemble.

“Ah, if only you had 3 on both sides. Why’d you have to make them uneven Yoongi?” Seokjin grumbled.

Yoongi shrugged, unbothered, and replied, “I wanted to be different. Either way, it looks great, so having 3 on one ear and 2 on the other doesn’t matter.” His friend shook his head in disappointment, making to put away the rest of the jewelry when Yoongi’s mother came into the room, cooing at his gorgeous appearance and praising the tailor for his work.

“Well, it seems Youngjae has a much better hold on you than I do, honey,” the queen laughed, pat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter