Chapter 1

Princely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi was just on his way to take an afternoon nap after finishing his strenuous combat training when the door to his bedroom burst open loudly. Startled, he whirled around, hackles rising at the sudden threat, canines bared, and froze at the sight of his mother rushing up to him, his father not far behind. The expressions on their faces could not be any more contradictory at the moment, pure joy on the female’s beautiful face while a frown was present on the man’s; Yoongi glanced between the King and Queen suspiciously, wondering what they were about to reveal if his father was so seemingly resigned at the idea.

            “Ah, Yoongi,” his mother cooed, cradling his face within her hands even though he tried his best not to grimace at her affections. He was 21 for crying out loud! Even his trainer was proud of how big his wolf had gotten over the past years. His mother needed to stop babying him sometime in his life if he was ever to get married. “We have some good news for you, dear.”

            His father simply sighed and rolled his eyes behind her back, cracking a smile at his son’s displeasure. “Honey, stop crowding him. He’s a grown wolf now, not a toddler. If his friends see this, his reputation will be ruined.”

            Yoongi gestured wildly at the King, cheeks flushing at the usual teasing aimed his way. Leave it to his father to point out his embarrassment. “Oemma I was about to take a nap…” He whined in a quiet voice, longingly gazing at the fluffy bed covered in black, silk sheets. Oh, how he wished his parents hadn’t barged in. His body was about ready to collapse into the pile of pillows and never get up again, but life always had different plans for him.

            “Oh hush child,” she clucked at the boy, sitting on the bed along with her husband before once again returning her undivided attention to her sleepy son. “I know you’re tired from your transformations, but you won’t feel like sleeping once I tell you my news, I guarantee that.” Glancing up at her husband, she signaled for him to explain to his son.

            The King sighed. “Well, Yoongi, you heard about the new pack that entered our territory about a week ago, yes?” At the nod from his son, he continued on, “We thought they were trying to threaten us, but fortunately, they called a truce before we sent out our front line men. I met with their alpha today, and boy, was it a story: he told me their territory was claimed by a coven of vampires before an unexpected flood wiped out the entire town; they’d been traveling for days in order to find a place to settle down when their second child fell ill, and they had to stop in order to care for him. And of course, it just so happened that the place they stopped was within our territory – at the palace abandoned by the rogue pack a few months ago to be specific. Obviously they don’t want to fight anyone, but there can’t be a real truce unless we physically forge a peaceful relationship between our packs and connect our groups by blood.” Yoongi frowned at the abrupt ending, raising his eyebrows questioningly at the somber man – what was going on?

            “I understand but why was there a need to inform me of the situation?” the boy asked in a puzzled voice, daring to gaze at his mother and instantly regretting it once he saw the sly look in her eyes.

            Once again the parents exchanged a loaded glance with each other, frustration building inside the youngest wolf at being left out of whatever it is they both knew. “You know how it works between packs; we have to mate one of our own to a direct descendant of the opposing pack’s alpha as a form of contract, if you will.”

            “Again, why are you telling me?”

            “Yoongi, you are the heir,” his mother spoke in a pleading voice, making him assume whatever came next was something he wouldn’t like in the least bit. “Please understand.”

            His father only hunc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter