Chapter 4

Princely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello my lovely readers, sorry for the slow update, but college started up again and some things came up. Here's another update! Yoongi and female OC will meet in the next chapter - will Jimin make a surprise appearance? ;) 

Until next time ~

~---------------------------------~ 

“You sure?” Before Yoongi could bite back a retort, Namjoon had already closed the door, and the sound of running water could be heard, effectively covering anything he might choose to say. With a resigned sigh at the younger boys, Seokjin went to fetch some clothes for his tall friend so he wouldn’t terrorize the inhabitants of the palace. 

“Honestly, you two act like children. I’m surprised you haven’t stopped low enough for name-calling until now,” the eldest muttered to himself as he went about making the bed and rolled out the food cart that sat forgotten at the back of the room.

Yoongi grunted and to his stomach, shoving his face into the soft pillow in hopes to will away the tightness developing in his gut. “Sorry. I’m just on edge…”

“Baby, I don’t know what to tell you. This is an unexpected situation, and you want to please your parents, but is it really worth your happiness? Think about it – your mother and father absolutely adore you; they even said that you don’t have to father her children. Maybe you can talk them out of it eventually?” Jin shrugged helplessly while patting Yoongi’s head gently.

The prince sighed and covered his face with his arms. “…That’s the problem. I can back out, at the cost of my family’s honor, and as a result, I will have to live with the guilt. Either way, I’m not going to get happiness.”

“Jeez,” Namjoon grumbled, toweling his wet hair while he dressed, “I thought I was supposed to be the philosophical one. Yoongi, get over it. There is no point whining about something you already agreed to; and nothing can change until after you’ve met the girl anyway, so why worry yourself over it?” Jin hesitantly nodded in agreement to Namjoon’s words, ushering his friend to freshen up so they could all head out. After the remaining two boys finished bathing and dressed appropriately, the group walked into the formal dining hall to greet the king and queen for breakfast. When the king and queen noticed their son and his friends entering the hall, the parents leisurely hugged each of the boys in turn, the queen spending more time doting on Jin as the eldest chatted with her about the new royal robes. Yoongi’s father, a man of few words, preferred to stay on the side lines while his wife took the spotlight; as they all settled down to eat breakfast, the topic of Yoongi’s situation came up.

“So I assume my son has already informed you two about what will occur tonight…” his father started, glancing at the two boys as he prepared to eat, “And I wanted to let you boys know – before you judge anything – that I do not want to put Yoongi through this any more than he wants to go through it. But sometimes, there are situations where your hands are tied, the decision you make determines the future of all the people following you: people who look to you for safety and leadership, and…sacrifices have to be made for the greater good. I am not saying that I do not care about my son’s happiness or goals, but there’s only so much freedom a royal family may possess.”

Namjoon gave a hum in assent, understanding how much pressure must lay on a king of such a large pack, and replied quietly, “With all due respect, we don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter