Chapter 2

Princely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Note: If y'all are wondering whether I'm going to have other groups in this fic, the answer is no... Youngjae was just the first name that popped up in my head while I was writing ^_^ 

~ ---------------------------------------------------------- ~

Yoongi just lay on his bed, eyes glued to the blank ceiling as he wondered, why me?

            Right as he was getting ready to call for Namjoon and Jin through his wolf form, the other two made their presence known outside his room. “Hey,” Namjoon greeted before theatrically correcting himself and bowing, “Your highness, how may I be of assistance?”

            Seokjin smacked the younger as he entered the room, all big shoulders and pretty grace, before taking a seat next to the prince. “You’ve used that one too many times, Joon-ah,” Jin commented sweetly, “maybe you’re losing your touch, eh?” The boys bickered back and forth for the next few seconds before noticing the forlorn look on Yoongi’s pale face. “Yah! Why do you look like it’s the end of the world?” Even as he spoke the words, Jin was already running his fingers through the boy’s hair soothingly, familiar with Yoongi’s habit of burying his pain.

            “Did something happen or are you just being a queen as usual?” This was Namjoon with his dry humor, tall figure curled near Yoongi’s other side. After seeing the dead look in the prince’s eyes, he calmed his sarcastic nature and quietly asked, “Is it about the new pack?”

             Yoongi looked down in shock, wondering how the hell Namjoon knew about this when he was just a simple member of the pack; hell, even he hadn’t found out about this until his father had already dealt with them, and he was the goddamn prince for crying out loud! “Who told you?”

            “Yoongi, you should know by now that I have my methods of knowing everything that goes on around here,” Namjoon chided playfully, laying half on top of the prince’s smaller body, “Saying this, do you really think that something this huge would escape my notice?”

             The prince sighed and pouted, ignoring his mother’s voice in his mind telling him how unbecoming that expression is. “Well, I assumed you wouldn’t know because I wasn’t even aware of this until two days ago…”

             Both the boys laughed out loud at his innocent statement before the younger replied in a breathless voice, “You are too much!”

             “Alright, kids, let’s all calm down now… Yoongi must have a serious issue if he was planning on calling to us in the middle of the day. Let’s hear it.” Jin crossed his arms across his broad chest as he leaned against the headboard of the king bed.

             Yoongi gazed at his two friends with his lips pursed, in awe of what lengths they would go to make him feel better, and flopped back onto his pillows once more, with more dramatics this time. “The new pack didn’t mean any harm by crossing our territory, it seems. Their town was overrun by vampires before disaster struck and the royal family, with as many members of their pack they could gather, were forced to flee; along the way, his son fell ill, so they stopped to look after him…”

             “And it just so happened that they were our land,” Namjoon finished, a pensive look on his face.

             The prince nodded in affirmation and went on, “Appa said that they’ve already called a truce but in order for it to be official for our entire pack, I have to mate with the heir of their family.” Yoongi sighed and pouted, though furiously denying the gesture in his own mind; he was too grown to be capable of pouting.

             “Alright,” Jin acquiesced, leaning against a buried Yoongi as he spoke. “This is an age-old tradition – of course, you must’ve known. What seems to be the problem then?”

             Yoongi kicked the duvet harshly, letting out an exaggerated groan, and curled up closer to Seokjin, finding that the warmth instantly made him feel better. “The hair of their family is… a girl.” At that statement, both boys in a sharp breath, previously languid bodies tense with worry as they turned to stare at the anxious prince.

             Namjoon finally broke the silence. “So when is the dinner?”

            “Tomorrow night. How am I supposed to prepare? Everyone knows that I just don’t feel attraction towards anyone, especially females, but I can’t shame my family by acting like an imbecile in front of their princess!” Yoongi ranted, tears gathering in his eyes as his frayed nerves gave up the fight. The prince felt so helpless at that moment – he didn’t want to agree to this, but he didn’t want to bring dishonor upon his family either; as an heir to the throne, it was his job to shoulder the responsibility that came with the position. He’d been primed for this situation since he was old enough to walk, so why was he so distressed when tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter