Chapter Three

He's The Right One

 

As usual, Taehyung sent me home about 5:30pm. We're standing in front of my house. The look in his eyes. I could read them he wanted to come in with me too. He wanted me to introduce him to my parents.

 

"Next time." I smiled and tap his shoulder as he nodded and walked away.

 

Actually, I don't know if I will be able to introduce him to my parents someday. I mean, he's a gangster! Mom and Dad would definitely get mad if they find out.

 

And so I walked into the house, closed the door and leaned on it with a smile that I couldn't even take off for a single second.

 

A deep sigh escaped from my mouth as I started to go upstairs to my room but then...

 

"Is that how you greeted your parents?"

 

I stopped my tracks to turn my head to the side where the living room was. I found my parents there. Dad was sitting in his favorite chair with his newspaper as my mom was standing right beside him, crossing her arms against her chest.

 

'What's with their look?' I raised my eyebrows.

 

They looked at me like I just did something wrong. Are they mad?

 

"I said, Is that how you greeted your parents?" Mom once again asked, "by ignoring them?"

 

I smiled and ran up to them, "Oh mom, is that the reason why you're giving me those kind of looks? I'm sorry, I didn't see you were here~" I hugged them both, "I think I just got distract to not notice you guys by too much things had just been occupied my mind earlier---"

 

"Occupied your mind?" dad scoffed, "Let me guess, one of them is the guy you were with earlier, is not it?"

 

His statement got me speechless.

 

'Did they saw us outside?!'

 

I tried to make my expression not too obvious enough to let them know about everything. I forced on a smile, "Oh dad, you mean Taehyung? The guy I was with earlier? Oh, he's nothing. He's just a friend."

 

I kept myself smiling in front of them but my heart started to beat rapidly this time.

 

"Friend... eh?" Mom questioned.

 

"Y-Yes."

 

"Then can you explain... this?" I just noticed she got something in her hand and raised it for me to see.

 

O.O

 

My diary!!!

 

The smile on my face slowly disappeared. I could feel like my knees were getting weak. I pointed at them, "H-How... How did you---"

 

"How did we find this? Oh, I was just cleaning some things in your bedroom while you were away from school. I found this under your pillow." She said, "Now, you don't have to lie, Jaehee-ah cause your dad and I had already read everything that was written in it."

 

I lowered down my head, not able to look straight into their eyes. I don't know what to say.

 

I once wrote in my diary that Taehyung was one of the gangsters. They said they already read everything in it. So, they knew already about Taehyung whom he really was?

 

"You should get rid of that gangster, Jaehee-ah. He's dangerous for you. He could harm you anytime. He could bring you into trouble anytime. He could hurt you anytime!" Mom said.

 

"No, he's not that kind of gangster you thought he would be. He's different." I tried to defend him.

 

"HE'S A BAD INFLUENCE FOR YOU!"

 

Dad shouted that made the entire house quiet afterwards. It was so loud that it could make ears deafening for a minute.

 

My hand had formed into fist. I looked up both of them in teary eyed and tried to not let any single tear slip from my eyes. I bit my bottom lip.

 

"Taehyung would never hurt me."

 

I whispered and ran up to my room. And so, I continued crying in my bed for the whole night.

 

Though it hurts, but since then I started avoiding Kim Taehyung. He sent me messages more than 30 times, I think? He also called my phone in countless times but none of them I answered.

 

He still visited me in my classroom and bringing me snacks but I did not accept any of it. He still waited outside my classroom just to go home with me and send me to my house but when our class had finished, he approached me.

 

"Hey, what's wrong? You never replied to my messages nor did you answer my calls. Are you sick? Is there something wrong with you? or..." he stopped in front of me, "...or is there something wrong... between the two of us."

 

I could only looked down the floor. I do not want to meet the stare of those worried eyes. I knew he's worried about me at that time, I could hear it in his trembling voice.

 

He stared down at me, waiting for my reply.

 

I silently sighed and just walked passed him. Acted as if I didn't see him. Acted as if I didn't hear him.

 

I left him there standing alone the corridor, confused.

 

I have to admit. Yes, it hurts. It hurts as if something had just crumpled up my heart like how you crumple a single piece of paper.

 

Whenever we meet in hallways, I would go in different direction. I continuously tried to avoid him.

 

But he never stops! He follows me around. Wherever I was, he was there. He still waited outside my classroom, hoping not to get snob by me again like what I just did to him the other day.

 

So when our class ends, all of us finally went outside to go each others home, I spotted him leaning against the wall of our classroom. He look so cool and baddas with such kind of pose and his hands, as usual, was sticked inside his pockets.

 

Our eyes met. I wanted to cry because of the pain I felt at that time. I also wanted to run towards him and hug him while saying I like him too... that my heart had finally opened only just for him to get in but... but...

 

'HE'S A BAD INFLUENCE FOR YOU!'

 

I suddenly remember that statement.

 

I acted as if I wasn't affected. I acted as if I'm not hurt. I acted as if I've never been in pain. I remained my blank expression as I approached him.

 

"WILL YOU PLEASE STOP FOLLOWING ME? I DON'T LIKE YOU, OKAY? I HATE YOU."

 

I knew Taehyung wasn't the only one that got hurt hearing those sentences but also including me.

 

Honestly, what I really wanted to tell him was the opposite words like, 'Will you please DON'T stop following me? I like you, okay? I love you.'

 

I saw a tear slipped away freely right from his eyes. He nodded while looking down the floor and walked away.

 

I remained standing there while watching him walking away with heavy steps.

 

I can't believe it. Did he just cry in front of me?

 

I suddenly remembered my dream. I remembered what the old lady in my dream had told me!

 

'The guy who will cry in front of you, it's him. It's your soulmate. He will be the guy who will love you eternally...'
.
.
.

.

.

.
.
.
Is Taehyung my... soulmate?!?!

 

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone suddenly rings. It was a message from my best friend.

 

'Not all bad boys are bad boys, Jaehee. You have to remember that they're also humans. They also have feelings. They also know how to love. That Taehyung guy you were talking about, I think you should give him a chance. Who knows? He might be THE RIGHT ONE for you ;)'

 

I smiled reading the text of my friend. Actually, I was asking for their help on what's the right thing to do. Wait, is this thing right to do anyways?

 

"TAEHYUNG!"

 

I called him. He's not that far away from where I was standing. He stopped his tracks and turned to meet eyes with mine.

 

I bit my bottom lip knowing the guy I was waiting and searching for a long time was actually the same guy who was always right beside me all this time.

 

I ran up to him and stopped right in front of him. We looked at each other and he spoke first.

 

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry." he said but I could see the sadness in his eyes.

 

"No." I hugged him, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean those words I've said to you earlier."

 

"Huh?"

 

I know he's confused so I released the hug.

 

"I'm just afraid because you're one of the gangsters. Especially my parents were strict. For sure they will not going to accept you as who you really are."

 

He looked down at me and slowly smiled.

 

I felt my heart started beating fast when I saw his smile. It was the first time I saw it. He looked even more handsome smiling yet he rarely do it? Like, seriously?

 

His smile gets even wider, "That's the only thing you kept worrying over about all this time? Yah, I could easily quit in our group if I wanted to."

 

I brightened up after hearing what he said, "Really?!"

 

He smiled once again and I was surprised when he suddenly pulled me into a hug, "Of course. If that's what you wanted."

 

I smiled and hugged him back, "Don't walk away from me again like what you did earlier, please?"

 

He released the hug and cupped my face. He kissed my forehead and replied, "Never again..."

 

 

***

Finally, I'm done. -..- Is it worth reading for? I'm curious. xD

Can you guys comment down below on what you think of the story? It will inspire me to write more stories in the future, you know!

P.S It's 70% true and 30% fiction