Chapter Two

He's The Right One

 

I do tried to avoid him cause I knew I would get into harm if I won't stay away from him. But he was always following me around!

 

Last tuesday, I received a message from an unknown number. He introduced himself and he has sent me messages.

 

I don't want to talk with him. He's too dangerous for me.

 

Though his looks almost as if like an idol already, I still don't like him. Yes, I admit. He's handsome but his attitude?? Nah.

 

If only he is not a bad boy or part of a gang, I wouldn't mind him following around me.

 

Plus, he doesn't care about his future. Yes, you could see him everyday in school but little did you know he was actually cutting classes during those times. Like seriously, he's not afraid getting caught by the teachers?

 

Well, he doesn't always skips classes everyday. He actually attends classes sometimes but only if he wanted to.

 

The question is, how did he get in senior high school by continuously doing those things? Oh, I don't know. As if I care.

 

Now you know the reason why I hate him.

 

He continuously sent me messages.

 

Like... "Hi, good morning :)" "Are you done eating?" "Sleep well :)" "Don't skip breakfast, okay?"

 

Honestly, I don't want to reply any of those texts but I'm afraid to get into trouble if I just snob him.

 

I only replied in short words, though he still sent me messages constantly.

 

One day, I received a text from him that made my heart beats fast while reading it...

 

'Jaehee, how do you think about me?'

 

'Do I have a chance?'

 

I deleted his message but what should I say?

 

I'm worried if I reject him, he would cause me harm.

 

So I replied, 'I think you're fine. Why'd you ask?'

 

Lies. Lies. Lies.

 

He's not fine for me. He has no chance at all. I'm such an idiot! I already pressed the send button!

 

He replied immediately, "Really? Does it mean I'm allowed to court you, right?"

 

Define the word REGRET. Regret? That's the word I felt at that time when I read his reply.

 

I can't do anything. Since then, he started visiting my classroom, bringing me snacks, chocolates and etc.

 

Since their class ends at 4pm and mine ends at 5, he'll wait outside our classroom within an hour. He said he'll wait for me so that we'll go home together and send me home.

 

I refuse but the look on his face scares me so I said "fine". After all, I don't have a choice but to let him walk me home.

 

Honestly, I've never seen him smiled.

 

But I saw him smirked and grinned.

 

I guess the word smile doesn't exist in his dictionary or maybe the word laugh.

 

I've never seen him laughed also.

 

And so, we finally arrived at my house. I was even shock at that time. I thought I wouldn't be able to make it at home. I thought he'll me or do something bad at me. And now, I just realized that... well... he's not that bad after all.

 

It's been three weeks since he's like that to me. Sending me home, picking me up at my house in the morning just so we could walk to school together and bringing me snacks at my classroom because sometimes most of our subject teachers were strict, they won't let us go out to have some snacks that's why he always stopped by my classroom and brought me snacks.

 

One day, he went to my classroom and my classmates were so loud. Most of them are girls. They were all shouting and squealing in excitement.

 

He gave me a rose and said, "For you." and then walked away. He said he gotta go, he'll be going to be late for their next class.

 

And so, my friends circled around me. They're still squealing. I looked down at the rose I was holding and...

 

"EH? PLASTIC?!" one of my friends said in confusion.

 

They all stopped from squealing and the classroom went quiet.

 

"Why the hell did he gave you a plastic rose?" my other friend questioned.

 

She's right. Why does it have to be plastic? I don't even have any allergies in flowers though.

 

"There were a lot of roses out there and he bought the plastic one?" One of my classmates scoffed and went back to her seat.

 

"Jaehee-ah, I bet he's not serious about courting you. Not surprise. After all, he's a bad boy. More like a play boy or something." she patted my shoulder.

 

All of them then went back to their seats.

 

I remained silent and looked down at the plastic rose I was holding. I felt strange at that time.

 

Why do I feel sad all of a sudden?

 

While observing the rose, I realized there was a small note hanging on it's leaf. I opened it and read...

 

'As this rose dies, that's the time I'm gonna stop loving you.'

 

With that, I don't know why but it was my first time to feel like there were butterflies flying inside my stomach.

 

This rose is plastic. And plastic flowers don't die...

 

'As this rose dies, that's the time I'm gonna stop loving you.'

 

I remembered his note.

 

And little did I know, I just found myself smiling.

 

That's the time I started to feel something about him. Something like, 'I'm starting to like him.'

 

He still continues his business like sending me home, picking me up in the morning, bringing me snacks at my classroom and giving me random gifts, chocolates and etc.

 

And also my once boring diary is now filled up with him and I included the rose he gave me, I took one of it's petals and glued it in my diary.

 

I suddenly found myself asking if HE'S THE RIGHT ONE? The guy whom I was waiting for? Well... I don't know. No one knows.....