Special Ep

Confessions

You shifted on your seat, making yourself comfortable on the couch. You flipped on the television just in time to see the movie about robots being used by humans to fight in battles starting. The volume was kept on a low, making sure that the voices in the other room was audible.

“Is it set? Alright. Let’s flip the switch to see if it’s working.”

A bunch of ‘yeah!’ and ‘well done!’ was heard before you saw two figures walking in the living room.

Your dad clapped a hand on Mingyu’s shoulder, beaming at you before turning back to him in admiration. “He fixed the light easily back there. Great job, son!”

Mingyu grinned shyly, bowing slightly to your dad. “It’s no problem sir. I do it all the time.”

You patted on the seat next to you, motioning for him to sit down when your mom came and grabbed hold of his arm.

“I heard you liked cooking. Come help in the kitchen?”

Mingyu beamed at the offer, nodding excitedly as he followed her to the kitchen, oblivious at the frown forming on your face.

The movie continued, now at the part when the main characters were admiring their revamped robot.

You glanced at Mingyu, leaning on the kitchen counter as he sliced the onions. He cut them easily without tears on his eyes, putting them aside with the other ingredients. You pouted. He was clearly enjoying this. And your folks definitely did too. All except for the person that sat down beside you, placing his feet on the table as he ate some chips before your mom called him out.

“Choi Seungcheol. Feet off the table and stop eating those chips! Dinner will be ready soon!”

Seungcheol sighed, doing as told. He placed the bag of chips on the table, his fingers before attempting to wipe them on your sleeves.

“Stop doing thaaaat” you whined, leaning away from him, swatting his hand away from you.

He grinned before reaching for a tissue napkin and wiped his fingers properly. He plopped back on the couch, a scowl now visible on his face as he watched Mingyu in the kitchen.

“Why did you have to invite him for dinner anyway?” he asked.

Forgetting about being ignored by almost everyone, you smirked at your brother, amused at how he’s not letting Mingyu get off easily. “I didn’t. They did.” you replied, motioning at your parents. “They wanted to meet him and he did too so why not?”

Seungcheol looked back at you, the scowl still on his face. “I still can’t believe you’re actually dating. You’re still young. He’s young.” he said, pointing at Mingyu. “There will be better guys in college you know.”

Your brother has always been protective but he definitely leveled up once you started dating Mingyu. You smiled before leaning towards him, nudging him with your shoulders and giving him your best puppy face. “Aww but don’t you like how happy I am right now?”

His arms still folded, Seungcheol looked down at you, his expression saying he’s not falling for it this time. “I do but,” he looked back at the tv screen, “he’s dead if he does anything to you. Got that??”

You smiled, snuggling his arm. “Got it.”

 

Dinner finally started and passed by fast that you can summarize it like this: your dad went on and on about how impressed he is with Mingyu and his natural curiosity with tinkering and his repairing skills. Your mom on the other hand kept on giving him advice on different recipes to try and cooking tips she learned. Your brother, who was skeptical about him, found out that Mingyu loves writing lyrics and listening to music. He was trying not to let it show but after hearing some of Mingyu’s lyrics, he definitely looked impressed. Then there’s Mingyu; he’s definitely enjoyed every minute of it.

“We’ll invite you over again soon okay?” your mom smiled, waving at Mingyu from the hall as you two went outside, closing the door.

“Finally” you sighed, sitting down on the steps.

Mingyu sat in front of you, his hand on his cheek. The evening air was cool and relaxing and the neighborhood was calm. Mingyu smiled, his eyes fixed on you. “Thanks for letting me meet them. I had fun.”

You smiled back. It didn’t matter that your family hogged him the whole time tonight. What matters is that he had fun with them and them with him, something that you’ve thought of back then. “I’m happy.”

Mingyu continued to smile at you, reaching for your hand and holding it gently. “Me too. Very happy.” His eyes darted up the window behind you and chuckled, standing up. “Looks like I have to go.”

You stood up and looked behind. Seungcheol was by the window glaring at the sight of you two holding hands. You shook your head and laughed. “Don’t worry. He’s just jealous cause he’s single.” You let go of his hand and hugged yourself, feeling the evening air grow colder.

“Go in now.” Mingyu nodded, his hands in his pockets.

You glanced back to see Seungcheol still watching you two, his arms now folded and his eyes narrowed at you. You grinned. “Hey Mingyu.”

“Hm?” he leaned down, his eyebrows raised.

You turned to him, standing on your toes and placed a peck on Mingyu’s lips. You then turned back in a hurry, opening the door. “Bye!” you waved, closing the door behind you.

Mingyu stood, his eyes wide open, still registering what happened. His gaze then went to the figure behind the window and bowed. “I’m sorry!” He straightened up just in time to see you dragging Seungcheol away. Mingyu smiled widely and started walking down the road, replaying that moment of happiness over and over until he went to sleep that night.