Crepes Over Flowers

The Kid With The Hello Kitty Boxers (Series of Jaeho One Shots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I need to practice with my 3rd person point of view writing...so why not in this fic? 

[CONTENTID1] CREPES OVER FLOWERS [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Jung Yunho loved food.

It wasn’t just an infatuation. No, he thought about it every second, every hour, every day. He was addicted to food to the point where his mother had to hide his snacks away from him. To Yunho’s horror, the cupboards had been void of chips, and cookies. Only spices and cooking necessities like oil were to be found.

No one knows-not even Yunho; can explain that addiction of his. At least it wasn’t a drug habit, or a weird bathroom .

Sadly, for Yunho, no one shared the same passion for food. He did have a friend to discuss his desires about pastries and the way it satisfied him, but sadly little Shim Changmin had to move to Busan last summer. Junsu was more passionate about palm trees, Yoochun preferred talking about a woman’s s, and Heechul was more interested in floral shirts. How frustrating for Yunho!

In the tiny little head of Yunho’s, he could memorize numerous amounts of ingredients, recipes, the name of chefs, and the history of food. Despite his great passion for food, it wasn’t the same for the rest of his school subjects.

His report card consisted of 50s and 60s. It wasn’t because he was dumb, it’s just that he didn’t study. Studying for Yunho was tedious, and a tiring task.

Luckily, Yunho’s mother gave him allowance, which meant he could nibble on some ddeokbokkis at the food stand nearby. Yunho envisioned his upcoming trip to the ddeokbokki stand as silently sat on his desk with a grin on his face.

“You look happy,” Heechul remarked as he returned from the bathroom.

“I am,” Yunho said, placing his chin on his hands.

“Why?” Heechul asked, sitting in the desk in front of Yunho. Then, Heechul spun within his chair, facing Yunho once again as he waited for an answer. Perhaps, did Yunho get a girlfriend?

“Because...my omma gave me money,” Yunho replied.

“What you gonna spend it on?” Heechul asked.

“Ddeokbokki,” Yunho replied in a happy tone.

“Like always,” Heechul sighed. “I’m surprised you don’t get fat...you eat SO much.”

“I guess I’m blessed,” Yunho replied.

“Class! Let’s pull out our textbooks and read chapter 5,” the teacher instructed as she stood behind the podium.

“One more hour...you can hold it in Jung,” Yunho said to himself as he pulled out the heavy textbook from his desk.

~~

“Yo, want to go to my house? I got the new Final Fantasy game!!” Yoochun asked.

“Nah, I’ll go home. I have stuff to do,” Yunho lied, his mind remaining fixated on the ddeokbokki.

“’Kay,” Yoochun said. “Let’s go Junsu.”

Junsu and Yoochun waved goodbye to Yunho as they both headed to the opposing direction. Yunho sighed of relief, knowing he had all the time to himself. It’s not like he hated his friends or anything, in fact, he loved them. But they always judged Yunho’s monstrous eating habits whenever they ate out with him. It’s not like Yunho could help his stomach.

Yunho walked further into the street, pacing himself as fast as he could. A hundred more steps ‘till that ddeokbokki stand. Yunho his lips just thinking about it. He adjusted his strap as he felt it slip from his shoulders. The weight of the book bags was driving him crazy, knowing he’d have to review a hundred pages of Kim Se Jong’s history tonight.

Catching his eye, Yunho stopped in the spot as he stood underneath the tree’s branches. Something pulled Yunho’s senses and bounded him by the ankles. What could it be? Yunho sniffed harder, letting the scrumptious smell of batter dance within his nostrils. It smelled pretty damn good to Yunho.

“Where is that...smell coming from?” Yunho wondered as he surveyed his surroundings. Definitely not the ddeokbokki stand, considering it was a sweet, chocolatey scent-which was far from ddeokbokki.

To Yunho’s surprise, the smell came from right behind him as he turned around to face it. Yunho ran his tongue over his lips, eyeing the cart in front of him.

The man behind the cart seemed focused as he poured the batter with a ladle, swirling the batter onto the fry pan as he formed a circular shape. After a few seconds, the edges began to crisp and the batter began to harden. The man then flipped it, cooking the raw side.

More girls from the street drew themselves towards the cart, either drawn by the crepes, or the man cooking it. You couldn’t deny the man’s handsomeness. His arms were muscular, with veins protruding underneath that highlighted his masculinity. His skin was pale, almost pale as the light, yellow batter. His hair was styled into a clean, somewhat long cut that had been dyed orange. He wore a white polo shirt, with blue collars, worn with an apron on top of it.

His name was Kim Jaejoong. He was a simple man, who lived a simple life. He liked the idea of having his own business, so then he decided to start one. He saved money from the numerous part time jobs he had and invested upon this dandy cart of his.

Business was pretty good, and it all contributed to his good looks and great crepes. His customers mostly consisted of high school girls, who attempted to flirt with him. Although he came across some pretty girls, he wasn’t interested in them, due to his disinterest in dating. Right now, he was solely focused in business and making crepes. He didn’t need women to hinder his goals.

“What is more beautiful...the man or the crepe?” one of the high school girls asked. Looking over his shoulder, Yunho noticed that it was one of the girls from his school, judging from the uniforms they wore. Blue blazer, and a plaid, pleated skirt.

“We can’t just choose one...so both!” the girl with the short hair squealed.

“Let’s buy one,” the long haired girl said, stepping closer to the cart.

“Hello,” the long haired girl said, waving at the man.

“Hello. Are you interested in buying a crepe?” he asked, flashing an inviting smile to his customer.

“Omo...his smile is so beautiful,” the short ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter