Can We Go Back?

SF9 Collection

Youngbin had been staring at the ceiling for what felt like hours now, still feeling wide awake. Beside him, Jaeyoon was snoring softly and he really envies how the guy immediately fell asleep as soon as he hit the bed. 

"Oh well," he muttered, sitting up. 

Youngbin's first thought was to go read a book to help him sleep but he didn't feel like it so he decided to check about them online. He grabbed his laptop from their cabinet and went out of the room quietly. The entire apartment was in darkness but they've been living in the place long enough that he has pretty much memorized where everything was. 

He made his way to the kitchen and opened the laptop. 

He checked the fancafe first, just reading the messages left by fans but lost interest after a few minutes. 

having not else to do that he can think of, he decided to just look up pictures of them. He has always been amazed of the photography skills of fansites. And even more so when they managed to take pictures during their events in Japan. 

He was just browsing through random tags when it came up. 

#InDa

With a heavy breath, he decided to check it out. And sure enough, there were a lot pictures of Inseong and Dawon together. Both look so beautiful and happy and just... 

"I shouldn't have done this," he whispered to himself but all the same, he kept on browsing the tag. 

the sound of the front door opening pulled him back to reality. For a second, he panicked because as far as he knows, no one among them had a different schedule. But then recognized the voices and was immediately relieved and if Youngbin would be honest, a little annoyed. 

"Oh, hyung!" Dawon said finally spotting him. Inseong appeared behind the guy after a second and waved at him. 

"Hi," he replied as he closed the browser, it some shocked him how his smile came easy and natural.

"What are you doing online this late at night?" Dawon teased as he approached him. Youngbin turned the laptop towards him showing him the empty screen and was awarded with an exaggerated frown. 

"And what did you two do outside?" Youngbin asked. 

"We were planning to eat outside but Dawon was telling me about this movie that I have to watch, apparently, and we decided to buy some snacks," Inseong replied joining them in the kitchen. 

"Come on, watch it with us!" Dawon said, pulling at his arm. 

"Nah, I'm feeling sleepy now so," Youngbin said as he stood. 

"Are you sure?" Inseong asked. 

Youngbin nodded. "You two have fun. And make sure you sleep afterwards. We have a schedule tomorrow morning," he reminded them. 

"Dawon, come on then," Inseong said making his way to the living room. Dawon followed him after a second and they both plopped down on the floor, the bag of snacks in front of them. 

Youngbin watched them for a second before returning to his room, letting the door fall close softly and cutting off the chatter and laughter from the living room. 

The pictures were burned in his mind. The way Dawon was smiling, how his entire face lit up when with Inseong or the fact they're really actually just so touchy with each other and... 

Youngbin sighed and thought back to the last time that he was actually with Dawon. They were pretty close during trainee days and Fanfare era and yeah, they're still pretty close today but things change. It's something that Youngbin is aware of and personally, he has seen it around. 

Things change, people change, the group dynamics change and him being close to Dawon was something that he hoped would stay the same. But he was wrong. With all of Dawon's other schedules and some of those with Inseong or Rowoon, it's bound to happen. 

He sighed. And closed his eyes. 

How he wishes things would go back to the way it was before.